09/04 - Memorial Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,
You've received a bonus from PickFu for work related to 3ZTE0JGGCDRNI0DME3C237YZBI6CO9.
The value of your bonus is: $0.10 USD
The Requester included this note:
------
Thanks for helping us categorize polls. Keep up the great work!

Today's Projected Earnings: $30.27 (Exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7)
HITsValue
Viewed381$47.43
Submitted272$30.17
Approved272$30.17
Returned45$9.65
BonusesN/A$0.10

and only $7 of that is from UnSpuns today., $3 from the 3 cent John Doe youtube hits from this morning. (I hope that's not what Sergeys are turning into. they've been quiet of late)

Last edited:

Desertdarlene

Baby Shorebird and Duckling Protector
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about purchase and consumption of luxury fashion goods | PANDA
Requester: Aniruddha Pangarkar [A3R5Q3HOI6IXSY] (TO)
TO Ratings:

????? 0.00 Communicativity
????? 5.00 Generosity
????? 0.00 Fairness
????? 0.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Provide us your opinion regarding purchase of luxury fashion goods and group membership by answering questions in this survey
Time: 20 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Masters has been granted; Location is US
7:08
I was disqualified.

Reactions: Deleted member 526

Desertdarlene

Reaction score
Anyone here own an aquarium. I used to own many when I was a child several decades ago and now I have a 3 gallon with a betta and 2 ghost shrimp. I am doing regular water changes because it's still cycling. A woman I know said she worked in an aquarium store and they never did water changes and told me that she had to be right because she was "much older than me and knows more than I do." She's really not that much older than me and I'm betting that I've owned aquariums before she was old enough to work in that aquarium shop.

Reactions: Pleco

Kizka

Non Serviam
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone here own an aquarium. I used to own many when I was a child several decades ago and now I have a 3 gallon with a betta and 2 ghost shrimp. I am doing regular water changes because it's still cycling. A woman I know said she worked in an aquarium store and they never did water changes and told me that she had to be right because she was "much older than me and knows more than I do." She's really not that much older than me and I'm betting that I've owned aquariums before she was old enough to work in that aquarium shop.
I do weekly 20% changes in my 10 gallon. That lady is full of crapola.

Reactions: jan and Pleco

Desertdarlene

Reaction score
I am younger than her, but I'm not a young woman. However, I am aging well, so I look much younger than I really am because I take care of myself. I hate it when they do the "I'm a lot older than you" crap as a defense when they're really not a lot older than me.

Reactions: Kizka

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have a betta in a 2.5 gallon at work. Just bought a heater for him this weekend. I never really change the water, just add a few pints (and water conditioner) as it evaporates, maybe once every two weeks. I clean the filter about once a week.

Last edited:

charlie

Reaction score
I do weekly 20% changes in my 10 gallon. That lady is full of crapola.
i was gonna say .. I have never owned one but I have had friends over the years that have owned them and I know they changed water out on a regular basis. only so much filtering and cleaning you can do before it needs to be changed out I would think.

Reactions: Kizka and Pleco

Desertdarlene

Reaction score
I've never known anyone who never ever changed their aquarium water and didn't shorten the lives of their fish.

Reactions: Kizka

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Anyone who tells you not to do water changes doesn't know what they're talking about. Aquariums are closed systems, the filter will trap debris and other nasty stuff but it's all still there in the water, biological filtration makes the water safe for fish but it doesn't get rid of all chemicals that accumulate over time. Water changes are the only way to get rid of of those chemicals and of the waste in the water, they make for much longer-lived and happier fish.

Desertdarlene

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured she didn't know what she was talking about. I think I was more upset with the "I know more than you because I am older" remark when she really wasn't that much older than me than she thinks she is.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Anyone who tells you not to do water changes doesn't know what they're talking about. Aquariums are closed systems, the filter will trap debris and other nasty stuff but it's all still there in the water, biological filtration makes the water safe for fish but it doesn't get rid of all chemicals that accumulate over time. Water changes are the only way to get rid of of those chemicals and of the waste in the water, they make for much longer-lived and happier fish.
i've read this post 10 times now

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I am younger than her, but I'm not a young woman. However, I am aging well, so I look much younger than I really am because I take care of myself. I hate it when they do the "I'm a lot older than you" crap as a defense when they're really not a lot older than me.
I have never been able to take anyone serious when they say they are older than me and therefore know more.

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
These higher paying surveys have been pieces of work today. The frustrating $7 'Is the reward worth the effort' and the forever $6 'Decision Making and Working Memory'. Whew.

Desertdarlene

Reaction score
I know, that's what I learned over 40 years ago. We didn't know anything about ammonia and nitrates, but we knew if we didn't clean out the tank or change the water regularly, our fish will get sick and die.

charlie

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured she didn't know what she was talking about. I think I was more upset with the "I know more than you because I am older" remark when she really wasn't that much older than me than she thinks she is.
so glad i don't act like that. Perfect example: one of my very close friends is 20 years my junior and and she's been involved in the craft beer industry since before she was old enough to drink legally. I defer to her every single time there's a question dealing with this subject matter I love so much as a hobby but for which she's made a career out of by working at 2 local breweries and already studying for the Cicerone certification (the craft beer version of the Sommelier certs). I may have 20 years on her in terms of life but there's no way I'd ever claim to know more about that industry than she does.

Reactions: Desertdarlene
Status
Not open for further replies.