09/04 - Memorial Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Reaction score
I did it. I am usually pretty decent at those puzzles, but the timer on it is very short and you have to be quick, so I really thought I would turn out doing horrible. Still got the bonus.
cool! i'll let HC rip and hopefully grab it before I decide to call it a night. thanks!

Reactions: Miranda

charlie

Reaction score
mturk will show you the message below if you don't have the qual. even though the hit isn't there because it has to be panda'd.

Your Qualifications do not meet the requirements to preview HITs in this group. You can browse HITs available to you to view HITs you are qualified to complete.
yep. been at this for a few years now but thanks :wink:

charlie

Reaction score
last two days have made up for my mostly lackluster week last week :D hope this continues for the next couple. Thursday and Friday are gonna be light turking days for me this week.
Today's Projected Earnings: $33.77 + Bonuses: $0.10 = $33.87 (Exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7)
HITsValue
Viewed445$66.22
Submitted324$33.77
Approved324$33.77
Returned52$20.64
BonusesN/A$0.10

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Spanish and Korean (which I got in the alpha for)

It seems like Duolingo's sorta hit or miss because the Spanish course has a smooth learning curve while Korean goes from teaching you the alphabet (which is really easy) straight to "WELCOME TO HELL" without doing a great job of explaining what just happened.
That's what I've read about some languages on there. I noticed on one of the beginning stages of Polish they ask what certain words mean without introducing them first. Easy things like "we" or "us" but I had no idea what they meant as a english speaker. I literally had to get those questions wrong at first just to see what they meant. Then go back through and answer them

Learning one language is tough enough, but learning two at the same time would be extra daunting. How much time a day or week do you contribute to each/both?

Reactions: jml

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
That's what I've read about some languages on there. I noticed on one of the beginning stages of Polish they ask what certain words mean without introducing them first. Easy things like "we" or "us" but I had no idea what they meant as a english speaker. I literally had to get those questions wrong at first just to see what they meant. Then go back through and answer them
Yeah, this sort of thing even happens in Spanish every once in a while too. :| It's a little annoying but at least it doesn't punish you for it.

Learning one language is tough enough, but learning two at the same time would be extra daunting. How much time a day or week do you contribute to each/both?
Well the Spanish is just kinda for fun so I usually get up to my 20 XP goal and call it a day. It's probably like 10 minutes. I'm inching along on that one but I'm at 40% fluency according to Duolingo so I'm slowly getting there.

The Korean is bc I'm planning on moving to Korea for work before the end of the year so I've been doing that for 1-2 hours a day. I've been focusing more on books than apps for that though. I don't expect to be fluent before I leave but I'm trying to at least get a solid start.

Reactions: Pleco and Peachy

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah, this sort of thing even happens in Spanish every once in a while too. :| It's a little annoying but at least it doesn't punish you for it.

Well the Spanish is just kinda for fun so I usually get up to my 20 XP goal and call it a day. It's probably like 10 minutes. I'm inching along on that one but I'm at 40% fluency according to Duolingo so I'm slowly getting there.

The Korean is bc I'm planning on moving to Korea for work before the end of the year so I've been doing that for 1-2 hours a day. I've been focusing more on books than apps for that though. I don't expect to be fluent before I leave but I'm trying to at least get a solid start.
Hola jml, yo soy una rata verde que toma rum. Te deseo buena suerta en aprender español, asi puedes ordenar del
camión de tacos en su propio idioma.

Reactions: jml

Desertdarlene

Baby Shorebird and Duckling Protector
Reaction score
Title: How well can you recognise faces and emotional expressions? | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Susilo Lab [A274M7MK9A4F5X] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.11] [Fast: 4.71] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 23] [ToS: 2]
TO 2:
[Rate: $6.42/hr] [Pen: 2.50 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$4.00
Duration: 3 hours
Available: 17
Description: This study contains seven tasks, four of which assess facial identity recognition and the other three which assess facial expression recognition. This study will take between 75-80 minutes to complete.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
I'm an hour into this an no end in sight!

Reactions: Pleco

charlie

Reaction score
alright folks, i'm done. a labor day spent laboring in mTurk did me well. hasta manana

Today's Projected Earnings: $35.27 + Bonuses: $0.10 = $35.37 (Exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7)
HITsValue
Viewed457$68.02
Submitted330$35.27
Approved330$35.27
Returned52$20.64
BonusesN/A$0.10

Loxxed

Avada Kedavra
Banned
Reaction score
my eyes are on you

Do not fear for we are all fighting for the same reason. You can watch me all you want and I'll watch you and we'll get bored and fight over the cows or something.

Reactions: Peachy
Status
Not open for further replies.