09/04 - Mturk The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I feel really bad for this, but I'm looking up lists of events on campus that have free food as "gotchas" for attending. I may or may not be more broke than I've been for the last...year...this week and have very little here. Free food here we go.
There aren't any food banks in your area?
A lot of them will give you a box of food with no or few questions

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
It varies a bit because of my regular job but I probably do 3-4 hours a day and about the same on the weekends
Well, then just keep learning and improving your turking strategy while collecting those quals

Try not to compare your earnings to others, as there are a lot of factors in play. You could very well be comparing yourself to someone who spends 50-60+ hours a week working on mturk. Or someone who has been doing this for a very long time.

Reactions: TQueen

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
There aren't any food banks in your area?
A lot of them will give you a box of food with no or few questions
There's one but it's only open starting Tuesday.
So I've got a bit to wait, and I'm planning out for more than just..well, one week tbh.

Jason10033

Reaction score
Well, then just keep learning and improving your turking strategy while collecting those quals

Try not to compare your earnings to others, as there are a lot of factors in play. You could very well be comparing yourself to someone who spends 50-60+ hours a week working on mturk. Or someone who has been doing this for a very long time.

Thanks!

Reactions: Kessikitty

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I did my first few Wills today, I've heard about them for a while
you can do all ten in each set.
there's some up now
they take 3-5 minutes each, and they are easy as pie.
easier than pie.
you ever made pie before?
I make a mean cheeseburger pie.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel really bad for this, but I'm looking up lists of events on campus that have free food as "gotchas" for attending. I may or may not be more broke than I've been for the last...year...this week and have very little here. Free food here we go.
dont feel bad for that, gotta do what you gotta do to eat. as long as you're not just walking into the room, grabbing food and running out im sure they dont mind lol

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Emotions and attitudes toward societal issues(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Khoa [A1NY77VDT9W29X] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
A survey on emotions and attitudes toward societal issues
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not greater than 100; Exc: [21113-20524] has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US;

If you have between 50-100 HITs. :bucktooth:

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I want to make a requester only survey that asks things like "When you post a survey you estimate will take 40 minutes and offer 25 cents in compensation, how guilty do you feel? 1 = not guilty 10 = I'm literally Hitler"
Nominating for post of the month. It made me laugh! :D

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Rate the goodness of English sentences (IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THIS SURVEY/TASK BEFORE YOU ARE INELIGIBLE) | PANDA
Requester: Martin Hutchinson [AH5NROTJZ98QE] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.33 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Rate English sentences on a scale from 1-7 depending on how good/acceptable they are to you as a native speaker of American English. You must be a native speaker of only American English and between the ages of 18-30. You may only do this HIT once.
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $3.01
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; Masters has been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90; Location is US

This wasn't actually that bad. He raised the pay by a dollar after the bad TO. Took maybe 15-20 minutes while distracted.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Who was the lovely one that tagged me in the tags below? :love:

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
dont feel bad for that, gotta do what you gotta do to eat. as long as you're not just walking into the room, grabbing food and running out im sure they dont mind lol
Yeah, that's general etiquette. Stay at least half the event depending on the length hahah

Reactions: ducky

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure to line a bookbag and your pockets with aluminum foil/plastic.

Azazael

Reaction score
Title: Rate the goodness of English sentences (IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THIS SURVEY/TASK BEFORE YOU ARE INELIGIBLE) | PANDA
Requester: Martin Hutchinson [AH5NROTJZ98QE] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.33 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Rate English sentences on a scale from 1-7 depending on how good/acceptable they are to you as a native speaker of American English. You must be a native speaker of only American English and between the ages of 18-30. You may only do this HIT once.
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $3.01
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; Masters has been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90; Location is US

This wasn't actually that bad. He raised the pay by a dollar after the bad TO. Took maybe 15-20 minutes while distracted.
I love that one can only rate the "goodness" of sentences if you are 18-30. After that the "goodness" can't be rated

Reactions: catnapped

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I love that one can only rate the "goodness" of sentences if you are 18-30. After that the "goodness" can't be rated
the older we get, the more we realize that goodness is only an ideal, and that you never want perfection in your life

Status
Not open for further replies.