09/06 - [Feelin'] Good as Hell Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Good Morning!!!! I have a hit in the queue, but I'd rather sit and watch Lizzo videos.
a hit

you'll have plenty of time for lizzo videos.

• Haha
Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
a hit

you'll have plenty of time for lizzo videos.
Fine....I'll do the damn thing, but I don't wanna...

I'm having one of those days where I just want to do nothing.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Darn, I do not have it, and under the hits that needed it I hit "request qualification"
Yeah, that rarely works. At least not for me.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Morning. Any one been lucky enough to get "all_hit_cvt" granted? I put in a request for the quallification, but nothing yet.
If there was a way that I could give you my qual I would. That's how little I value CVTs

Computer Vision Turk is so completely inconsistent about how they Soft Block that they've become exceptionally unreliable. Once you really get into their HITs, you'd find that for how much work you end up having to put in for each HIT, the pay is trash. Some of their tracing HITs end up having borderline impossible objects, and if you return too many of their HITs because of that, they'll soft-block you. If you do really excellent work, they'll soft-block you. If your favorite color is green, they'll soft-block you.

As a new Turker, it's understandable that you'd see huge mountain of their $0.60 HITs just sitting there and wish you could have access. However, most of the time a large batch is up and the number of HITs isn't going down quickly, it's because they aren't good HITs. It's not because there's only a small number of people with the qual.

Qualed or not, the batches worth doing almost always are the ones that disappear the most quickly. Experienced Turkers know that you should never sleep on a good batch of HITs, even if you have the qualification, because those HITs might not be there in a few hours (sometimes minutes).

Last edited:

Objxw21

Reaction score
If there was a way that I could give you my qual I would. That's how little I value CVTs

Computer Vision Turk is so completely inconsistent about how they Soft Block that they've become exceptionally unreliable. Once you really get into their HITs, you'd find the pay for how much you end up having to work is trash. Some of their tracing HITs end up having borderline impossible objects, and if you return too many of their HITs because of that, they'll soft-block you. If you do really excellent work, they'll soft-block you. If your favorite color is green, they'll soft-block you.

As a new Turker, it's understandable that you'd see huge mountain of their $0.60 HITs just sitting there and wish you could have access. However, most of the time a large batch is up and the number of HITs isn't going down quickly, it's because they aren't good HITs. It's not because there's only a small number of people with the qual.

Qualed or not, the batches worth doing almost always are the ones that disappear the most quickly. Experienced Turkers know that you should never sleep on a good batch of HITs, even if you have the qualification, because those HITs might not be there in a few hours (sometimes minutes).
That's fair. I wasn't sure how many people were quallified, but I personally love batch work so that's why I was interested. But thank you for the awesome advice.

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Most of my "inventory" is stuff I've made over the past couple of years, so I feel you! I've been crocheting food plushies and my latest is a cute lil riceball! But today I have to grind again, haha, so I'll be putting some craft ideas on hold~
OMG! Those sound adorable!

• Love
Reactions: Kessikitty

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That's fair. I wasn't sure how many people were quallified, but I personally love batch work so that's why I was interested. But thank you for the awesome advice.
Clicking the Request Qualification link almost never works. You'd actually have more success by contacting a requester directly and asking for the qualification, but a large number of requesters are not responsive.

If you are looking at the batches you are not qualified to do, look for the ones that have the "Take Test" link next to the qualification, as those will be the easiest to secure qualifications for. While these aren't the more coveted requesters to work for, I've secured a number of little qualifications this way for smaller batches that turned out to be surprisingly decent.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LucyO and Objxw21
Status
Not open for further replies.