09/10 - Sweet Gondola Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Re: the $4 Regan Mandryk hit, I stated earlier today that I'd subtly asked for a bonus for the horrible things I had to look at with the warning theyd forgotten to add the and the extensive time it took trying to get it to work...anyway I said they declined, but actually I missed the last line after long explanations, stating she was giving me a bonus, and was pretty generous. So anyway, that was nice. Glad I asked. Now back to forgetting about that survey.

Reactions: <Gucci>

AristoKena

Reaction score
So, I'm new so if this is a bad thing to do I apologize ahead of time, if I don't get a survey code I take a screen shot and email them the link to the screenshot, I've never gotten an email back before saying it was wrong but I have gotten them approved everytime. So there's that.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
So, I'm new so if this is a bad thing to do I apologize ahead of time, if I don't get a survey code I take a screen shot and email them the link to the screenshot, I've never gotten an email back before saying it was wrong but I have gotten them approved everytime. So there's that.
how many hits have you already completed, total?

Reaction score
I usually just submit my turker ID and then email them telling them what's up.

Reactions: Pippa

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
oh, ok. I didn't know how much room for rejections you had.
questionable hits like that are better to return until you get sufficient numbers for padding against the rejections.
in this case, it has a 30 minute AA, which makes me feel ok enough to submit it
as long as I cross my fingers

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

AristoKena

Reaction score
Thank you, I didn't know that. I'm already at 99.8% (Which I emailed them about and never got anything back, it was a batch and I had one rejection out of 75. I was super paranoid about getting rejections so I double checked each and every single one but it still happened for whatever reason, I got over it after a few days of not seeing a reply but it still is a little upsetting)

Reactions: <Gucci>

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I usually just submit my turker ID and then email them telling them what's up.
I do the same. Only had this one time they said sorry we can't do that, I didn't question it and just went along my merry way.

Reactions: SerJorahsFeetL1nt

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you, I didn't know that. I'm already at 99.8% (Which I emailed them about and never got anything back, it was a batch and I had one rejection out of 75. I was super paranoid about getting rejections so I double checked each and every single one but it still happened for whatever reason, I got over it after a few days of not seeing a reply but it still is a little upsetting)
your first few rejections are difficult to take
trust me, I've got two decades worth of rejections
they get easier with time.

regarding Mturk, sometimes you'll see things that are questionable, but you risk it because of a decent dollar amount. that behavior isn't terrible. sometimes you need to take a risk, but for the most part it's easier to be risky when you have much higher numbers. and numbers hits are difficult to come by, but there are some decent sources that post every now and then

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
questionable hits like that are better to return until you get sufficient numbers for padding against the rejections.
Always submit when you've done the work, no exceptions. A worse case scenario single rejection barely matters even for brand new accounts.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Always submit when you've done the work, no exceptions. A worse case scenario single rejection barely matters even for brand new accounts.
I guess I can see the logic in that. with 500 hits, it's only 0.2%, since it's not likely to be an entire batch of rejections

Reaction score
I do the same. Only had this one time they said sorry we can't do that, I didn't question it and just went along my merry way.
Earlier I submitted my turker ID instead of the code that was provided (I was fast clicking like a dumbass) and I emailed the requester and he sent this

From what I can tell, the HIT is set to automatically reject the work if the code isn't correct. So far, it hasn't been rejected, but because it is set this way, I can't manually override it.
and even though I know that's not how it works and he could have done something about it, I kind of just left it alone. Was too lazy to care, but then later on today he emailed me back saying he was able to approve it.

I think the only time submitting the wrong code or not submitting one bc you didnt get one is an issue is when the requesters dont know what they're doing.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Pippa
Status
Not open for further replies.