Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
my apartment doesn't. when the 10 a.m. curfew was lifted me and my fam went to my parents house which actually never lost power. aint that a bitch.
Struggle so hard to get out and Irma moves your ass right back in with the fam. :facepalm2:

Reaction score
Happy Monday everyone. What do you guys use as a tool auto-reload web pages? Then get notified when specific text is detected on the page?

I really need something for various online work boards, not just for mturk. I have installed a Chrome extension called 'Auto Refresh plus', but really, not happy with it at all. It's very buggy and I've never got the "notification on text appearing on web page changing" stuff to work at all. Currently, not even got it turned on.

The idea solution would:
1) Work :)
2) If specific text is found (or found to have gone) on a page, have a variety of ways to notify me (email, msg, flashing screen, whatever)
3) Work in chrome and firefox, but mainly chrome.

What do you guys use? Should I be looking outside browser extensions, and instead be looking at a script or app? (But has to work on Mac, I don't have access to Windows)

cheers,

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Morning all!

Anyone seen any Ben Peterson HITS as of late? I haven't in a few weeks and am wondering if it's just me...

Reactions: <Gucci>

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Happy Monday everyone. What do you guys use as a tool auto-reload web pages? Then get notified when specific text is detected on the page?

I really need something for various online work boards, not just for mturk. I have installed a Chrome extension called 'Auto Refresh plus', but really, not happy with it at all. It's very buggy and I've never got the "notification on text appearing on web page changing" stuff to work at all. Currently, not even got it turned on.

The idea solution would:
1) Work :)
2) If specific text is found (or found to have gone) on a page, have a variety of ways to notify me (email, msg, flashing screen, whatever)
3) Work in chrome and firefox, but mainly chrome.

What do you guys use? Should I be looking outside browser extensions, and instead be looking at a script or app? (But has to work on Mac, I don't have access to Windows)

cheers,
i use the chrome extension Visual Ping

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Brainstorm Associations with US Cultural Concepts | PANDA
Requester: Lydia Chilton [A3F51V5YX1EZI3] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.67] [Fair: 4.33] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 4.67]
Description:
Given an abstract cultural concept like "Christmas", brainstorm 8 concrete associations
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 7
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 97; Location is US;

Reactions: <Gucci> and kryss

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Short Loan Application Simulation (~10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Ryan Buell [A2N0MYXIGB16RK] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.67] [Fair: 4.93] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 4.96]
Description:
We are conducting an academic study about peoples' loan decisions. Please do not accept this HIIT if you have never applied for a consumer loan.
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: LOANACCEPTANCE has not been granted; Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US;

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Morning all!

Anyone seen any Ben Peterson HITS as of late? I haven't in a few weeks and am wondering if it's just me...
I made $50 on them last month :sofa:

but I heard he has blocked some people, so maybe send him a message and ask.

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Categorize potential "bad companies" from news articles | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: David Watts [A3UJLNWQNNI883] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: Analyze the category of "negative news" of the provided companies based on the given criteria
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 4416
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: Masters Exists ;

I've got some other stuff I need to work on but some of you might like these. I did 100 last week with no issues.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.