09/15 - Fallen From Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Apartment "farming" is a thing now. You can grow a lot of vegetables in a fairly small space with a fairly small amount of initial funds investment. Lots of info on the web if you decide you are interested.
Thank you I'll have to look into that. What's really killing me (and my wallet) is my smoking habit. I smoke 3 packs of Marlboro Red's a day which comes out to about $21.

By the way if any of you are trying to lose weight eating lot's of potatoes work's really well. One medium sized potato is only 120 calories and is loaded with nutrients, electrolytes, and fiber.

Reactions: DankoRamone

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Quitting your job to work on mturk is not bad as long as you have long term plans (or plan on making some) and see mturk as a stepping stone. I could never see myself turking for 5+ years.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thank you I'll have to look into that. What's really killing me (and my wallet) is my smoking habit. I smoke 3 packs of Marlboro Red's a day which comes out to about $21.

By the way if any of you are trying to lose weight eating lot's of potatoes work's really well. One medium sized potato is only 120 calories and is loaded with nutrients, electrolytes, and fiber.
holy shit.

Reactions: Pleco and loki3404

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score

I quit smoking using a vaporizor. You can still intake that same amount of nicotine if you'd like and step it down over time by reducing the amount of nicotine your juice. It's actually a pretty economical way to go. Lots of info on the web about that too, and i think this forum has a pretty active community of vapers too, so might be a thread or two to enter.

Penn Jillette lost 100 pounds eating only potatoes. His book was actually a pretty good read, although it really isn't much about weight loss at all.

Shawnbks9090

Contributor
Reaction score

I switched to chewing copenhagen-$3 a pack. 1 pack now lasts me 10 days. I always have some in and hardly ever crave a cig. I am also eating on the cheap n trying to lose weight. I cook off a bag of dried peas with a slice of ham, makes like 3-4 bowls of pea soup.

Reactions: Heisenberg

Lila. B.

eh.
Contributor
Reaction score
Well if I pull that off then yes, I'd be good.
You can try UHRS if you're look for a little more extra income. I don't know if they're still open, though.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Chinese Colors Communication Game | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: StanfordPragLab [AVUEQ4Z5TKO0R] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.30] [Fast: 4.40] [Comm: 3.70] [Fair: 4.24] [Reviews: 25] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 2
Description: CHINESE ONLY. Play a game describing colors. Play and earn as many times as you want. Data is collected for science.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Fun, Easy Task - Identify Emotions on Faces (~20-30 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Click Therapeutics [A30QVX20ES6GCH] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.67] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $10.91/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$3.00
Duration: 3 hours
Available: 3
Description: Tell us what emotions you see in different faces
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
15min

Reactions: Cmoney

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well if I pull that off then yes, I'd be good.
That's what I'd set as your goal then.

Show up early, treat it like a job.
But don't burn yourself out....and take a break if there isn't shit up.

Keep your watchers on in the evening even if you're not actively working.
I make myself available whenever I'm home and awake...though I only work about 8 hours a day on average.
If I can bust out a quick $20-50 on a batch in the evening then that's going to make my day.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
I'll have to look into vapor and chewing and see which one will work better. If I keep smoking I'm going to end up like Heisneberg.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
That doesn't work for a lot of people. That amount of glucose causes an insulin response, which will usually cause your body to store extra energy(glucose) in the form of fat.
Back when I was a dietitian, potatoes and diet soda were usually the 2 culprits if someone wasn't losing weight.
But, whatever works for you.:)

EDIT I'm not trying to be contrary, btw. Just giving a different point of view.:)

Last edited:

Loxxed

Avada Kedavra
Banned
Reaction score
That's what I'd set as your goal then.

Show up early, treat it like a job.
But don't burn yourself out....and take a break if there isn't shit up.

Keep your watchers on in the evening even if you're not actively working.
I make myself available whenever I'm home and awake...though I only work about 8 hours a day on average.
If I can bust out a quick $20-50 on a batch in the evening then that's going to make my day.
I know how this is done, I'm just not sure if I want to do it full time as an actual job.

Reactions: C to the J

Bliss

aloof hedonist
Reaction score
I actually grow grapefruit, orange, kumquat, mango, and avocado trees. Also, pineapple, ginger, peppermint, catnip, oregano, and cayenne pepper. . .

I think that's everything in my yard right now. I live in Florida so it's pretty easy to grow stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.