09/21 - Wake Me Up on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
175 a month? damn I have three 175 is like a week fuhhh give me ur secret please
I think the main secret that cut my bills drastically was learning real portion moderation. How much we actually needed. The amount of food we prepared and consumed in each sitting went down fairly quickly.

ctraltDel

Contributor
Reaction score
are frozen vegetables in the boxes and bags processed? should I buy fresh spinach and cook it and freeze it? or is it the same thing if I buy frozen boxes and bags of spinach and corn and carrots?
Actually, frozen vegetables are technically processed, but minimally, not like spam and other such foods. http://www.foodinsight.org/sites/default/files/what-is-a-processed-food.pdf

My suggestion for staples of a cheap but still nutritious diet: rice, beans, lentils, onions, potatoes. Like others said, anything that freezes well. I find http://www.reddit.com/r/eatcheapandhealthy is a good subreddit for this kind of thing!

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
Probably be easier if she just posted the links here and somewhere else on here. =)

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
175 a month? damn I have three 175 is like a week fuhhh give me ur secret please
I have just me and LittleTricker and we easily spend $500 per month on food. (That's all food, all snacks, including his cafeteria purchases at school.)

Reactions: Kerek
D

Deleted member 526

If you don't have a slow cooker, I would recommend getting one, I like the digital ones the best that way I can control the temps much more better. Pretty much anything made in a slow cooker can be frozen and used later with just a few exceptions
thanks you guys I will post what I do that works. I would appreciate any recommendations for a good slow cooker to if you could pm me. thank you!

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
I need ideas for non-processed foods to eat for meals all day every day. I've been trying for days. the blogs are complicated and focused on certain diets. I'm single in my 30's no kids live alone. I weigh 105-115 pounds. so fresh foods tend to go bad before I use them up. none of these online diets work for someone like me. I need to spend as little money as possible. I don't have a car so everything needs to be at 1 location, ideally walmart. no "specialty items" that will go out of season or become hard to find as fads change. I have no allergies, and fine with lactose. I don't like meat but I'll eat it very rarely. so far my list contains bananas and nothing else after a few days. help?

#turkfit
eggs (protein) I have two each morning. Protein also helps you feel full.
apples - I sometimes put almond butter on them
make your own popcorn - cheaper and healthier than chips and fills you up.
corn and peas are fine frozen - saute them in butter...add whatever else ( for me its chicken thighs - cheaper and more flavorful).

Also,I always buy these at Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.