09/21 - Waning Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Yeah, since crypto does not really have anything backing it like traditional stocks I pretty much stay away from them. Hard for me to invest in something that is worth whatever someone says its worth without being able to back that value number with anything physical.
i don't have any crypto other than 4 dogecoins given to me for free.

i'm bothered crypto has no oversight or federal regulation so it's easier to manipulate than if it was a security that the SEC could bring legal action/fines for any funny business.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Play a simple economic game! (10 mins, up to $2.00 bonus)(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Stefan Uddenberg [A25ZIMFM995XCX]
TurkerView: [ $15.55 / hour ]
Description: Complete a quick and easy study in which you play an economic game with a partner. More instructions will be given during the task itself. You can earn between $0.00 and $2.00 in bonus depending on the results of the game. (Give us some time to pay out the bonuses after data collection is complete.)
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 34
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • SurveyGroup [6746] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
  • Exc: [12310232-384842] DoesNotExist
  • CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Location In US
[3RC5MYEBPLAVUQTERE6Y2YSAX8MTPH]

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Leadership and political candidates(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Jon Maner [A11WS91HI34SMU]
TurkerView: [ $7.89 / hour ]
Description: An academic survey on leadership and preference for political candidates
Duration: 85 Min
Available: 47
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [12106079-385010] DoesNotExist
  • Location In US
[3U1ZIKCYY744NTHVOS2D635AIKQT5P]

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
caps at 15
several false caps before. let it cook a min then retry
Title: Is it a good response? • Accept
Requester: Noah Turk [A1ZI6MW5UGBMT9] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.59][Pay=Good][Approval=3-7 days][Comm=Poor][Rej=1][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=2.60][Comm=3.00][Fair=2.71][Reviews=10][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 00:10:00
Available: 5
Description: rate quality of a response
Qualifications: CHATBOT_DATA_ANNOTATION_TASK_ALLOWLIST Exists ; bb3_deploy_data-failed DoesNotExist ; Location In AU, CA, GB, NZ, US

Reactions: jan and HelloHello

freekshow420

Reaction score
stupid question to ask. But can a requester grant a bonus to my account if i never submitted a hit to them? I did a study last week where the timer was way to short for the amount of work. I ended up finishing the task and contacted the requester, He stated he would look into it on Monday of this week. Here it is Wednesday and i have yet to hear from him so i reached out. He said that i would be getting a bonus added to my account soon.

Normally when i get a bonus its tied to a hit i have done. but since i was unable to submit the hit for payment im not sure how he would send me a bonus

Reactions: Concise

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
stupid question to ask. But can a requester grant a bonus to my account if i never submitted a hit to them? I did a study last week where the timer was way to short for the amount of work. I ended up finishing the task and contacted the requester, He stated he would look into it on Monday of this week. Here it is Wednesday and i have yet to hear from him so i reached out. He said that i would be getting a bonus added to my account soon.

Normally when i get a bonus its tied to a hit i have done. but since i was unable to submit the hit for payment im not sure how he would send me a bonus
No. Not In 5 years Mturk work history. I've yet to receive any bonus from a requester that I had no prior work HIT, with.

I have received compensation HITs, and been paid or bonused that way. My understanding is you MUST have at least ONE HIT history for them to bonus you.

Best in the hunt - keep on rockin' in a free world đź’¸

ps. I used to sometimes let lengthy HITs time out, then get stuck in your situation, in the past. I'm more assertive now, and enter my Mturk ID and submit right before it expires now, so it's on the Mturk books. Otherwise... yeah I've gotten "time thefted" like this too.

Last edited:

PandaThief

Reaction score

Not possible, the only way he'd be able to do it would be to set up a dummy hit, and bonus from there.

freekshow420

Reaction score
Not possible, the only way he'd be able to do it would be to set up a dummy hit, and bonus from there.
apparently this requester is very adamant on saying i will get paid via a bonus. i just need to wait.. I explained to him that is not how it works and I sent him this https://www.cloudresearch.com/resources/blog/compensating-mechanical-turk-workers/ on how to create a compensation hit, and he just stated its out of date and he will look into it more tomorrow.. Is there a better source i can link to him so he can understand how to do this? I swear I feel like i am talking to a 3yo with this requester. Really ridiculous and a waste of my time i was not looking forward to today. lol

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about Social Media Use(~ 9 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Gavin Ploger [A26HDSGEJWYYMR]
TurkerView: [ $8.18 / hour ]
Description: This survey is for scientific research purposes only, and is not being collected for the benefit of any company or political organization. The data collected will be used solely for academic research. If you agree to participate, you will be presented with a social media news feed we are designing, and asked a series of questions about the news feed and yourself. The survey should take no more than 10 minutes.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 23
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [775459790-384918] DoesNotExist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
[3RIZOTZ4KS3KBOWXVBSSFE8T5JVY3Y]

Reactions: freekshow420

freekshow420

Reaction score
apparently this requester is very adamant on saying i will get paid via a bonus. i just need to wait.. I explained to him that is not how it works and I sent him this https://www.cloudresearch.com/resources/blog/compensating-mechanical-turk-workers/ on how to create a compensation hit, and he just stated its out of date and he will look into it more tomorrow.. Is there a better source i can link to him so he can understand how to do this? I swear I feel like i am talking to a 3yo with this requester. Really ridiculous and a waste of my time i was not looking forward to today. lol
yeah this requester is beyond ridiculous. someone must of hit him with the stupid stick. He insists that i will get a bonus because he has my worker id even though i have never submitted a hit for them. BUT he thinks it will work because he has "given bonuses in the past" so i send him this

Paying for Non-Submitted HITs
Mechanical Turk is designed to require an Assignment ID in order for a Requester to issue a payment to a Worker. However, as an Assignment ID is only generated when a Worker successfully submits a HIT to a Requester for review, it is not currently possible to issue a payment to a Worker who was unable to submit a HIT to a Requester for review. However, Workers will occasionally contact Requesters for assistance when they have completed the work requested, but were unable to successfully submit the work to the Requester through the Worker UI.

and the response i get..... "I'm not 100% sure so ill look into it tomorrow" "it gave me no errors when i put your worker id in"

I even sent him a bonus i get in my email from another requester and tell him to look where it says "in relation to" the id next to it is the hit id that i submitted. I have no hit from you i submitted so how are you giving me a bonus? His response " it worked in the past' or "I did look into it today as I said and sent you a the money in the form of a bonus. Now I am waiting to see if it worked and will look into this again tomorrow."

so i start to send him various ways step by step how to create a compensation hit etc. and now the response i get is "I have engaged with you and explained what I have done so far to get you paid, I have also explained why the approach I have taken could work. " "please stop emailing me or i will send you to the spam folder"

I need a drink. I'm done dealing with stupid today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.