09/22 - Frida Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
My best guess would be that they have some sort of AC/Golden Question type products. Get too many of those wrong and they assume you are not doing them correctly. Who knows.
Wait if you get goldens wrong then how are they assuming you aren't doing them correctly? Wouldn't you just be doing them incorrectly?

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Self-control | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Adolescent Development Lab [A2X3TTE2PFKHYS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.44] [Fast: 3.86] [Comm: 2.00] [Fair: 3.29] [Reviews: 22] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $4.00
Duration: 3 hours
Available: 5
Description: Please NOTE: This study is only for individuals 26-35 years old (born between August 1982 - August 1991). You will fill out questionnaire related to different measures of personality and behavior. Click on the HIT for more information.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Reactions: Stacy B and kryss

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Word Generation Task | PANDA
Requester: UA Research Group [A39O6ZITQB83OS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.02] [Fast: 4.62] [Comm: 3.84] [Fair: 4.66] [Reviews: 156] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $9.00/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 30
Description: In this short survey, you will complete a word generation task and answer several questions. It will take you about 6 minutes to complete the survey.
Requirements: Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: kryss

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
Title: Song Comparison for Copyright Research 2017 | PANDA
Requester: Alegion [A8DQXJEVAM6JF] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.33] [Fast: 4.83] [Comm: 4.45] [Fair: 4.83] [Reviews: 77] [ToS: 2]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$0.15
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 140
Description: Compare original song with candidate and determine if they are a match and your level of confidence
Requirements: Song Comparison Qualification is not less than 90

jjquadjj

Reaction score
I know a little bit of AHK and javascript. Lately I've been working on some java but I haven't got to the point where I can do anything useful with it. What other batches? Answering that would take up multiple pages of the entire forum. If a batch comes out that I can script, I script it. There is about 50 active scripts in Tampermonkey, some batches that I do in FF where I've left about 30 in Greasemonkey, and about 300 others that I have saved on my desktop but rarely use.
Are you experiencing this error message" Thank you for working on our HITs! Unfortunately, all of the remaining HITs in this project have been reserved for other workers, and there are none left for you to do. Please check again tomorrow for more HITs to be available. (You must click the "Return HIT" button now to return this HIT.)"

Reactions: SarahAshlee90

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Wow, spoken like a pro. You must a full time Turker then. I haven't touced any of AHK or Javascript. Looking to build my knowledge however. Any courses/sites you can recommend to learn either of the two? For instance would love to know a hot key to press "SUBMIT HIT" on the John Doe batch. What is FF?
Code:
window.onkeydown = function (event) {
        if(event.which == 13){                         
            $('#submitButton').click();   
}};
That'll make enter submit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtttH4g_CYQ
Firefox

Reactions: jjquadjj

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

StarfoxJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Last time they pulled quals. They told me people (not just me) are going way too fast. Slow down. So they are timing us.

Reactions: Kerek

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Are you experiencing this error message" Thank you for working on our HITs! Unfortunately, all of the remaining HITs in this project have been reserved for other workers, and there are none left for you to do. Please check again tomorrow for more HITs to be available. (You must click the "Return HIT" button now to return this HIT.)"
You got capped, I hit it a while ago.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Last time they pulled quals. They told me people (not just me) are going way too fast. Slow down. So they are timing us.
Based on an email I got from VDX, they're also timing based on submission timestamps, not the average timer on your HITs, so a multiple tabs scheme does nothing to save you.

Edit: But I don't think it's simply based on speed, I imagine it's more the negative effect that speed has on your accuracy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.