09/22 - Frida Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Reaction score
To get into transcription work is expensive though, requires $400 in pedals. kidding.....lol.
I don't use pedals just software. They tell you you need pedals but hotkeys work just as well. If I had to use pedals I'd kill my hip and back more than it is now.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
So today, I had a progress assessment for my online programming bootcamp. I failed it by 2 points the first time I did it back in June, and procrastinated taking it again for so long because it really upset me. I've been studying ALL WEEK and felt absolutely confident that I was going to pass. I literally assumed I was going to score 100% on it. I already had my victory dinner planned. So of course I failed again, by 2 points.

And just now I realized I can't figure out how to post a picture of my dog on here.

Maybe I shouldn't be going into web development. :blackeye:

jan

Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of work vs just getting it right in one go typing.
he's written in detail about his methods - and the system he has. I don't remember what he uses, tbh. It's voice activated. You'd have to do a search to see - but he has been very open about what he uses and why - and his process :)

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
So today, I had a progress assessment for my online programming bootcamp. I failed it by 2 points the first time I did it back in June, and procrastinated taking it again for so long because it really upset me. I've been studying ALL WEEK and felt absolutely confident that I was going to pass. I literally assumed I was going to score 100% on it. I already had my victory dinner planned. So of course I failed again, by 2 points.

And just now I realized I can't figure out how to post a picture of my dog on here.

I've always learned much more working on my own projects. Nothing necessitates understanding faster than need. Classes are really good at making you memorize things, but they often aren't the best at teaching the underlying theory of a thing. This will also teach you novel ways to think. You might consider thinking up a project of your own and then incorporating concepts from your studies into the final product.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've always learned much more working on my own projects. Nothing necessitates understanding faster than need. Classes are really good at making you memorize things, but they often aren't the best at teaching the underlying theory of a thing. This will also teach you novel ways to think. You might consider thinking up a project of your own and then incorporating concepts from your studies into the final product.
#include<iostream>
usingnamespace std;

int main()
{
cout <<"Hello, World!";
return0;
}

:tmnt:

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

:hug:

Reactions: jan and Stacy B

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm trying to tell myself. I'm doing great on my projects and just started getting in depth on Angular JS and making mobile apps. That's why I thought I was going to do great, because I'm so far past what this assessment was on. It's just scary when they're like 'This is what a JOB INTERVIEW will be like", and I failed. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to actually interview I'll have a nice portfolio to show off and won't have to answer dumb questions about git commands and interpreting the use of function scope.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm trying to tell myself. I'm doing great on my projects and just started getting in depth on Angular JS and making mobile apps. That's why I thought I was going to do great, because I'm so far past what this assessment was on. It's just scary when they're like 'This is what a JOB INTERVIEW will be like", and I failed. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to actually interview I'll have a nice portfolio to show off and won't have to answer dumb questions about git commands and interpreting the use of function scope.
Most coding/programming job interviews are more about how you think than what esoteric libraries you've leveraged. Back when I was a "pro" (pre-brain damage) I always used to tell employers that "I know a lot about a few things, a little about a lot of things, and google makes up the rest." Meaning you can always look up a library... but you can't reference a different logical thought flow.

So I don't know anything about your bootcamp or this test you are taking so anything I say is based on assumption only... but where you are possibly failing might be in the creativity/application portion. IE. Practical application of theory. I've known a number of people who made it all the way through a bachelors in something like computer science without ever learning HOW to apply all the crap they memorized.

Reactions: Stacy B and <Gucci>

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Write well formed single sentence answers - 7 min/hit average time | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: wit data [ALLWEWXDIYIRE] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.67] [Fast: 2.70] [Comm: 1.57] [Fair: 3.00] [Reviews: 18] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Reward: $0.90
Duration: 15 minutes
Available: 781
Description: Given a question and a passage containing the answer, convert it into a well formed answer. Please do as many as you want but take time to still have quality.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 10000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
Scared money

Reactions: kryss
Status
Not open for further replies.