09/25 - Super Flippy Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Another pregnancy story. Yea!

When I was in labor 6 years ago, I was walking around the front of my house. My ex was getting the other kid ready to go to the babysitter so we could go to the hospital.
2 young Mormon men walk up to and start their spiel.
I'm breathing hard and trying not to scream at them. I saw, "I can't talk right now. I'm in labor".
And they just keep going and going....
I was getting slightly annoyed, but I just ignored them and got in the car. They followed me to the car and asked if they could come back later.

Somehow I didn't bite their heads off, but no whenever I see them on their little bicycles I think of that.
When I was a kid, some missionaries came to my house and my dad was out in the driveway, trying to pack up the family car for a vacation. He was frustrated, trying to fit everything in. The missionaries asked if he had anything they could provide spiritual guidance on. He said, "Yeah, show me where in your book it tells me how to pack up this damn car." They left quickly and never came back as long as we lived at that house.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
I would have yelled "are you trying to see my vagina, b/c you're about to see my fucking vagina"
:D
Sigh....so glad my son is coming home in a few days. J/k sounded like they would have deserved that.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I get JW occasionally and will not be nasty to them as at a bad time in my life they helped me and didn't ask for anything in return but I just take their literature and say thanks. I'm surprise any of them still do all of the door to door stuff as it's not really safe anymore.
Why do people say this? It's not safe anymore.
Last time I checked, crime has decreased significantly in the last 30 years, yet people think it's more dangerous now.
I think we just know more now because of the Internet and news.

Reactions: jan and Jharkan

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yup. They said the church's name and were wearing name tags on with their names and "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" printed on it.
Pretty dead giveaway. :p

cassius

Reaction score
Why do people say this? It's not safe anymore.
Last time I checked, crime has decreased significantly in the last 30 years, yet people think it's more dangerous now.
I think we just know more now because of the Internet and news.
I live in an area where the cops shot a 13 year old child last week I think it was or the week before and he was carrying a bb gun. Just a few blocks from me. And I know the cops in this neighborhood. They've never been bad people. till then.

Reactions: Squatty

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Usually, when I scream that, people become even more interested in me.
everybody likes watching the crazy lady melt down. I saw a really good one the other day, this lady just lost her shit.

Reactions: Vanyanka

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Since they specifically come to my house, I know some family member or old friend is giving them my info. It really upsets me.
I've had this problem. Still a little :tinfoil:on how they found me. Luckily they gave up pretty easily and haven't bothered me in a while.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I've had this problem. Still a little :tinfoil:on how they found me. Luckily they gave up pretty easily and haven't bothered me in a while.
They bothered me for several years after getting on the problematic list...
But living rurally has helped- only been here once- and it was random/visiting the whole tiny town...

Reactions: TSolo315

KellieS23

Anyone else feel like a Rainbow?
Contributor
Reaction score
Came here for one thing...

Jets vs Chiefs today
I am happy, that is all. #ChiefsKingdom

Reactions: DCI
Status
Not open for further replies.