09/28 - Marvellous Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloHello

Reaction score
You have to restart your browser
also, run Overwatch with desktop notifications on because for some reason when HC stops announcing HIT's so does OW
and with the desktop notifications on in OW you will know that both are not announcing the HITs
pain in the ass, butt, it works for me ...
Did that, still not working!

• Thinking
Reactions: GTR

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Did that, still not working!
restart your computer. that's what i have to do. it'd be a pain to have to do that once an hour as the announcing seems to work an hour before stopping the announcements.

i'm hoping MTS v3 fixes this in chrome.

the announcements never quit working with firefox MTS HC.

• Haha
Reactions: HelloHello

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions on scarcity | Accept
Requester: Chucen [A91M9BBVETLOQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.04] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: A 10-min survey about hunger marketing
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

EverfreeTree

I like trees.
Reaction score
5 mins 32 secs, easy

Title: This survey is for my master's thesis. It may take about 10 -15 minutes. | Accept
Requester: Sanghoon Lee [A1SR1GS95WW3O1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$51.14] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 2.30
Duration: 50:00
Description: I would like to know the effects of COVID-19 on online & mobile shopping.
Highly recommend. Caught it unexpectedly, did it in under 4 minutes, not rushing.

*edit*
Approved in under an hour, as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTR and Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A short academic survey with a categorization task | Accept
Requester: Andrew Perkins [A159IVU78PMN6Y] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.98] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.82] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=4.60] [Reviews=33] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Complete a short categorization task

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short Psychology Survey(~ 35 minutes) | Accept
Requester: ARMAC_ANU [A2LR030OFJ9GTQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.65] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.29] [Fast=3.25] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
Reward: 3.60
Duration: 2:00:00
Description: Answer some claims, complete short demographic survey

ronclark03

Reaction score
So I got a rejection from Lottery Choice Studies. I missed a confusing attention check, only 1 out of many, and finished the whole study. It said in the study to feel free to finish the study but you won't be paid. But, just got rejected anyway, said it didn't meet their standard. I said, I have over a 99% approval and missed a confusing attention check and was nice enough to finish the survey. The least you can do is reverse the rejection.

• Sad
Reactions: Blakkat and GTR

GTR

Reaction score
So I got a rejection from Lottery Choice Studies. I missed a confusing attention check, only 1 out of many, and finished the whole study. It said in the study to feel free to finish the study but you won't be paid. But, just got rejected anyway, said it didn't meet their standard. I said, I have over a 99% approval and missed a confusing attention check and was nice enough to finish the survey. The least you can do is reverse the rejection.
I got the same message and returned the HIT, because right there it says you won't be paid, so that means if you finish the study they are rejecting you.

ronclark03

Reaction score
I guess it implies that but it doesn't state that so why let someone finish. It usually will say your responses have been recorded. It's complete BS because I actually finished the survey and they have data on it anyway and will use it. For every 50 requesters, there's always one that will do that and when you email about it, they ignore.

GTR

Reaction score
I guess it implies that but it doesn't state that so why let someone finish. It usually will say your responses have been recorded. It's complete BS because I actually finished the survey and they have data on it anyway and will use it. For every 50 requesters, there's always one that will do that and when you email about it, they ignore.
Just remember when you get a HIT that says you won't be paid, or there are warnings of rejections, or the RQ has a bad rep on turk, just don't do the HIT, also, always check here on the forum and most anyone will help you with a question about a HIT before you do it...

Reactions: Michele and Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I can understand how you feel this way, it sucks. If they reject your hit, they cannot use your data, or at least that is the way it is supposed to work. I've run across many surveys where I "just know" it will result in a rejection if I submit. Sometimes you have to read between the lines. Still, sorry this happened to you.

Reactions: HelloHello and GTR

ronclark03

Reaction score
Just remember when you get a HIT that says you won't be paid, or there are warnings of rejections, or the RQ has a bad rep on turk, just don't do the HIT, also, always check here on the forum and most anyone will help you with a question about a HIT before you do it...
I actually stumbled upon Amazon Turk in November. I was tired of barely making any money so I found out thru another survey site. Been fantastic overall. Almost $6000 in less then a year. Can't complain overall and almost to 10,000 overall HITS.

Reactions: Michele and GTR
Status
Not open for further replies.