Title: Upload 1-minute screencast of a website | Accept
Requester: UserBob [A1G1PATDFBA7E5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.01] [Pay=4.32] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.69] [Fast=4.99] [Comm=4.93] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=86] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=22.09] [Pen=0.45 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Record your computer's screen and your voice while you spend 1 minute talking about your first visit to a website. Then upload the recording.
Qualifications: Reviewer GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; demographic8960 EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The problem is more that even though it does not operate in a vacuum, it is still a low pressure environment and the pressure rises and falls during operation. Which doesn't end well, unless your ultimate goal is a dead Jerami.
I know how the Hyperloop works, in all it's iterations.(train, car, etc) It was mostly a joke about Futurama's main mode of transportation but, if we were to really discuss it, even if it were a vacuum, if I had a helmet or oxygen mask, and the trip was super fast(like Futurama where you shoot through the tube), I'd probably be fine(theoretically). I've read a bit on how humans, and other things react in a vacuum, or near vacuum. Most of the issues could be avoided, if properly prepared for(see Space Travel). Either way, just a joke. Wouldn't be a feasible solution for the population but, I'm sure it could be achieved, by one person, if someone smarter than I really wanted to try it as a lark.:)

https://www.thoughtco.com/human-body-in-a-space-vacuum-3071106
"There have actually been cases of parts of astronauts bodies being exposed to vacuum when suits were damaged. They survived due to quick action and safety protocols. The good news from all those experiences is that the human body is amazingly resilient. The worst problem would be lack of oxygen, not lack of pressure in the vacuum. If returned to a normal atmosphere fairly quickly, a person would survive with few if any irreversible injuries after an accidental exposure to vacuum."

Last edited:
Reactions: themildone

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm aware of how it works. It was mostly a joke about Futurama's main mode of transportation but if we were to really discuss it, even if it were a vacuum, if I had a helmet or oxygen mask, and the trip was super fast(like Futurama where you shoot through the tube), I'd probably be fine(theoretically). I've read a bit on how humans, and other things react in a vacuum, or near vacuum. Most of the issues could be avoided, if properly prepared for(see Space Travel). Either way, just a joke. Wouldn't be a feasible solution for the population but, I'm sure it could be achieved, by one person, if someone smarter than I really wanted to try it as a lark.:)

https://www.thoughtco.com/human-body-in-a-space-vacuum-3071106
"There have actually been cases of parts of astronauts bodies being exposed to vacuum when suits were damaged. They survived due to quick action and safety protocols. The good news from all those experiences is that the human body is amazingly resilient. The worst problem would be lack of oxygen, not lack of pressure in the vacuum. If returned to a normal atmosphere fairly quickly, a person would survive with few if any irreversible injuries after an accidental exposure to vacuum."
Oh, sure there's always a solution of some sort. Your wording seemed to imply just haphazardly subjecting yourself to the conditions without some sort of protection apparatus. I don't always understand sarcasm through text and have a tendency to take statements literally.:p

On a side note as a child, my brother and I had a game where I would try and get his feet with the vacuum. I got him one time and still hear about it almost 20 years later, that's how I learned vacuums are dangerous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerami

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
If any of you use Overwatch, how do you set your searches up? Do you have just the requester name, just the requester ID, or both the name and ID together? I'm wondering which is best.

IndividualRace

Reaction score
I just got screened out of a survey, but they still gave me a code. People are either going to be really happy with getting $1 for not taking a survey, or rage because it gets rejected.
Edit: I'm not chancing it with a new requester, just predicting the future

Last edited:

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
It is a short survey, and there are no answers.

HelloHello

Reaction score
My sense of time is all messed up. It feels like Saturday. This morning seems like it was yesterday and I didn't get up THAT early . . . :spaz:

Reactions: Kennedy

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh, sure there's always a solution of some sort. Your wording seemed to imply just haphazardly subjecting yourself to the conditions without some sort of protection apparatus. I don't always understand sarcasm through text and have a tendency to take statements literally.:p
Lol. Well, I'm sure when I got down to constructing my billion-dollar apparatus, the topic of safety may come up. I wasn't literally going to go fire myself off in a tube "haphazardly". That would require a tube and me getting up from my chair. Not today.:p

Side note: You can tell when I'm joking because I say insane stuff then put the tongue-out face after. I thought that meant joking.:D
We could have Elon Muskrat ...air-powered tubeportation!:p

I thought this was a silly idea. Then I realized it was coming after 'baby farm' so, maybe we're just brainstorming.:D
I guess so does having the car. But, scientists...Then, fire torpedo one! :p

Last edited:
Reactions: themildone

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol. Well, I'm sure when I got down to constructing my billion-dollar apparatus, the topic of safety may come up. I wasn't literally going to go fire myself off in a tube "haphazardly". That would require a tube and me getting up from my chair. Not today.:p

Side note: You can tell when I'm joking because I say insane stuff then put the tongue-out face after. I thought that meant joking.:D
I will make note of your dedication to the forums by choosing to refuse bathroom breaks, I dare say its admirable.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I will make note of your dedication to the forums by choosing to refuse bathroom breaks, I dare say its admirable.
yeah but then he really would need a (significantly smaller) tube

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
The weekly Survey Comet is done. The whole purpose of logging on today. Also, sitting here with the space heater at my feet is nice, too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.