10/04 - Wake Me After Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsmee

Condor
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Niklas Kreilkamp for work related to ********.
The value of your bonus is: $1.22 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for participating!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Got distracted by a list of weird history facts. For all my cat lovers out there:
After Pope Gregory IX associated cats with devil worship, cats throughout Europe were exterminated in droves. This sudden lack of cats led to the spread of disease because infected rats ran free. The most devastating of these diseases, the Bubonic Plague, killed 100 million people.
Cats could have saved 100 million people!

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Got distracted by a list of weird history facts. For all my cat lovers out there:
After Pope Gregory IX associated cats with devil worship, cats throughout Europe were exterminated in droves. This sudden lack of cats led to the spread of disease because infected rats ran free. The most devastating of these diseases, the Bubonic Plague, killed 100 million people.
This is like Mao convincing everyone to kill the sparrows in China, which lead to mass famine when the locusts the sparrows had been eating ate all the crops

FunBacon

Reaction score
Good morning everybody. Might have to do adult stuff today, not sure yet. Hope it is a good hit day for all. :optipfrog:

You've received a bonus from BF for work related to 3CVDZS288H0ILAAW5MVK8RI8BZPMF8.
The value of your bonus is: $3.66 USD

Thank you for participating!

You've received a bonus from Lenny Vartanian for work related to 3HO4MYYR12PFPH04U7G9EKOP6TZU6M.
The value of your bonus is: $1.50 USD

Bonus survey payment - thank you for participating!

Score!:cactuar:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Shopping Preferences(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Columbia Business School Behavioral Research [AECA6W3316INS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.27] [Fast: 4.84] [Comm: 4.40] [Fair: 4.89] [Reviews: 65] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $4.62/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.25
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Brief behavioral survey; approximately 2-3 minutes; $0.25 payment
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; 3aca89dd has not been granted; f7d79294 has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Reactions: Stacy B and jan

jan

Reaction score
I need to get on facebook and be a better friend. I am social (and outgoing) - but I don't 'keep in touch'.
I'm looking for references from my past jobs - shoot, the companies don't exist anymore (bought out) or just have a toll free line. My former coworkers....one relapsed, another owes me 600 and doesn't quite answer the phone when I call (surprise! it's your debt collector!).

This just sucks...........you'd think I was a bad employee. (Everyone pretty much liked me.............)

Entropy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone, good morning!

I'm sorry for this random post not involving turking, but I just found a box with a litter of kittens, apparently abandoned. I'm feeling bad for them because they've been crying for a while now. I just don't have any clue as to how I should proceed since I don't have any experience dealing with cats so young(less than a day old).

Do any of you have any tips or pieces of advice?

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Good morning, lazy bones! :D (speaking more of myself really :wink: )

ItsAmyTee @ItsAmyTee , you know what's making me happy today? My dgtr comes home from college on her first fall break (til Sunday). I can't wait to squeeze and smooch her face when she gets off the train tonight! :revolvingheart:

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I'm sorry for this random post not involving turking, but I just found a box with a litter of kittens, apparently abandoned. I'm feeling bad for them because they've been crying for a while now. I just don't have any clue as to how I should proceed since I don't have any experience dealing with cats so young(less than a day old).

Might want to see if there are any cat rescues in your area that can come get them, especially if you haven't seen the mother

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I don't know much about it but we have some friends that foster kittens, and I know they sell kitten formula and syringe/bottle things at most pet stores or even walmart - shouldn't be too expensive. And try contacting a shelter!

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Good morning, lazy bones! :D (speaking more of myself really :wink: )

ItsAmyTee @ItsAmyTee , you know what's making me happy today? My dgtr comes home from college on her first fall break (til Sunday). I can't wait to squeeze and smooch her face when she gets off the train tonight! :revolvingheart:

Ahhh! I'm happy for you! Hope the two of you have a perfect break! Anything exciting planned? :)

Reactions: Sondi and Jaded

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Has anyone done the Sven Bugiel $20 PW follow up? Noit sure how I feel about it.

jan

Reaction score

are you sure they are abandoned (the mother didn't go off for food?)

Turkster

Reaction score

Please get a bottle and kitty formula and feed them ASAP. You will need to wipe their butts too. Google should have lots of resources.

cassius

Reaction score
I just read a story the other day about a large city in the US, forget which one, that has brought in TNR'd cats because they are overrun with mice. They said they realied cats kill more than the supposed song birds. I thought Yeah, just dawned on you, huh?

Reactions: Binxybaby and jan
Status
Not open for further replies.