10/05 - Two Faced Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I decided to avoid that. It indicated it was telling the real from the fraud(on HIT front page). Pollocks are like Dalis. There may be more fraudulent ones out there than real ones. So it's impossible. Anyone can make a fake Pollock. All you need is a large canvas, a lot of ugly paint, and a good throwing arm....
It's not *quite* that simple (re: good throwing arm)... a lot of his paintings were produced using a pendulum sort of technique... he was looking for patterns. But yeah... lots of fakes out there.

Reactions: alk69

alk69

Reaction score
It's not *quite* that simple (re: good throwing arm)... a lot of his paintings were produced using a pendulum sort of technique... he was looking for patterns. But yeah... lots of fakes out there.
You're quite right. He did use a lot of drip, drag, splatter, splash techniques. It was also said that he would throw paint at the canvas. Being drunk probably helped.

Reactions: Blue

Shadowmoo

Contributor
Reaction score
Do Zoltars or Mountains post anymore?

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
You're quite right. He did use a lot of drip, drag, splatter, splash techniques. It was also said that he would throw paint at the canvas. Being drunk probably helped.
I drink and throw things. Can I be an artist?

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
The most prolific periods of his career involved a lot of contraptions and jigs. At this point however he has been replicated so many times I have no idea how experts would differentiate authentics from reproductions and copycat works (or if it would really matter all that much)

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short academic survey(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: ugent [A3U0ZJEOCOTBKD] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.84] [Fast: 4.90] [Comm: 2.82] [Fair: 4.73] [Reviews: 125] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $1.43/hr] [Pen: 0.08 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.20
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Answer about 25 questions
Requirements: Exc: [1992285726-59706] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7

Status
Not open for further replies.