Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Empirica for work related to 38O9DZ0A75PJ2XR52X1U85TNJQ2627.
The value of your bonus is: $6.56 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you very much for participating.
You will receive $5.66 due to your performance, in addition to your base reward of $1 (total: $6.66).
Please note that $0.1 was given to you upon approval, so you will receive $6.56 as bonus.
Please note that this HIT does not accept repeat takers, so you will not be able to participate in this HIT again.
Please contact empirica@mit.edu if you have any questions or concerns.

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Decision and Judgment Study(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: CBresearch [A2C3GVWBXGG0X7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.32] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.44] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=23] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: In this short survey, you will answer to several questions about decision making
Qualifications: Exc: [248720813-250450] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; CR Research Group #2 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Choice Survey | Accept
Requester: Market Research [A2JS5ZGER7BGP0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.51] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.50] [Fast=4.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Choice Survey
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; CGC19 DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: Blakkat

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Interesting research study(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: JJV Research [AYFIUCPEW3GGW] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.30
Available: 71
Description: Complete an interesting study! 3 minutes, earn 30 cents plus the potential for more in bonus
Qualifications: Exc: [8021394-250345] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; SurveyGroup [4350] DoesNotExist ; 58e4ce50 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Tjololo

Reaction score

Did you miss me? Did you think I had FORGOTTEN?!

It's HALLOWEEN TIME!! And you know what that means? YES! It's TRICK OR TREAT TIME!

For those who don't know what Trick or Treat hits are, here's a little explanation in this spoiler:

Hit structure

How do you participate? Well I'm glad that you asked! I have a QUALIFICATION you'll need to request in order to participate. I'm going to include this qualification information in every single posting I make about these HITs, PLEASE READ IT! If you're already familiar with how things go it should be easy, but I swear every year I get people who mess it up. Please take the time to read it, you have time. Also, please don't forward the qualification information around. I want this qual to be restricted to the communities who've been so helpful to me in the past. I don't really want random people to have the qual. It helps keep the pool smaller and gives more people the opportunity to play!

With that being said, here's the qualification information:

As usual, this is a thing I do for fun, and may break. If you run into issues please let me know, but hopefully it'll be pretty easy. I've don this several times in the past and I don't expect any problems, but just in case, be patient. Also, the 50/50 chance is actually random. This is the code I use to determine whether people are tricked or treated: $approve = (rand(1,10) >= 6) ? true : false; That means "generate a number between 1 and 10, and if the number is 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, then approval is 'true'. If the number is 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10, the approval is 'false'". So there are 5 chances to "treat" and 5 chances to "trick". I could probably just do a simple binary true/false instead of a number between 1 and 10, but I like that method better.

I know I'm a little late this year but it's been rough to schedule things. I'm planning on running 3 hits per week, starting on Monday, 10/19/2020. The dates and times will be TBD (and I like being able to switch it up a bit). As usual, if you win you will be granted a qual that will make you ineligible for the next HIT posted. Don't worry about it though, if you can see the trick or treat hit, you can accept the trick or treat hit.

Finally, as usual, I'm hoping to do a bigger HIT on Halloween day as well. I usually pay a little better for that one, and put more HITs out there. If you want to donate to increase the pot, you can contribute to the pool here https://paypal.me/pools/c/8tkqnwbZjq PLEASE NOTE! Donating WILL NOT increase your chances of winning. There will still be a larger Halloween HIT, but in the past people have expressed interest in making it "bigger", so I started taking donations for that. All money donated will be going into Mechanical Turk and will be distributed as part of the Halloween HITs, I can provide proof if you really don't trust me.

Happy Halloween Everypony, and good luck!

P.S. This announcement will be posted several times over the next week. I'll try to capture everyone, but the qual information will also be posted with the HIT announcements too.

freekshow420

Reaction score
has anyone done the Perceptions of Gender Survey today? not sure if i been screened out or reached the end with no code lol

Reactions: Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a reading comprehension survey | Accept
Requester: Cognation [A2RR1D2JP345Z3] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$46.11] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 7:00
Available: 0
Description: Read a short paragraph and complete short survey
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: Michele

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Short academic survey about Trump's recent video | Accept
Requester: Jeffrey Jarman [AGQGZUW8HRRIV] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$25.11] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.92] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=14] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.00
Description: Short academic survey to evaluate your reaction to the video by President Trump after he was released from the hospital
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 94; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: rsmath and Blakkat

HelloHello

Reaction score
I'm not certain but I believe that anybody who doesn't have Amazon Prime can get it for a free trial for the upcoming Prime Day next week. Worth a shot if you want to shop the deals.
A few important tips if you plan to shop Prime Day:

• You must be a Prime member to get the deals. Even to see the special prices, actually. You can get a 30-day free trial without paying a dime to shop Prime Day deals

Reactions: Blakkat and JanetW

freekshow420

Reaction score
took about 50 minutes and got 6$ bonus

Title: TWO-DAY experiment about the COVID-19 pandemic and mental health | Accept
Requester: NIMH-CompPsych [AGQ21VKCGELRB] Contact
TV: No Reviews
Reward: 10.00
Duration: 1:40:00
Description: TODAY and TOMORROW complete reward tasks and answer questions about the COVID-19 pandemic and mental health
Qualifications: Did Any MMI DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US

Status
Not open for further replies.