10/17 - Mobile Armor Division Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren

Reaction score
Reactions: C to the J

Lauren

Reaction score
if i'm taking a survey and it seems familiar will i get rejected if it was something i did before? it didn't say anything about me already doing it when i accepted the HIT

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
if i'm taking a survey and it seems familiar will i get rejected if it was something i did before? it didn't say anything about me already doing it when i accepted the HIT
Usually requesters will not want repeat participants. They may reject you if you've done the same thing for them before. Requesters oftentimes think workers can easily see if they've done things before or will remember everything they've done, so the requesters don't put in any kind of check at the beginning.

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
Probably not. It happens but that's usually because of requester inexperience. I would do it but since you don't have a ton hits under your belt yet it could be risky.

Lauren

Reaction score
Usually requesters will not want repeat participants. They may reject you if you've done the same thing for them before. Requesters oftentimes think workers can easily see if they've done things before or will remember everything they've done, so the requesters don't put in any kind of check at the beginning.
Probably not. It happens but that's usually because of requester inexperience. I would do it but since you don't have a ton hits under your belt yet it could be risky.
so the beginning of the survey is what seemed familiar, now i'm at a part that's not as familiar -- maybe it was just a qualification part that I remembered? or people sharing the same demographics part of the survey?

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
so the beginning of the survey is what seemed familiar, now i'm at a part that's not as familiar -- maybe it was just a qualification part that I remembered? or people sharing the same demographics part of the survey?
You're probably safe. I just don't wanna say 100% yes cuz i'll feel like a dik if you get rejected.

Nytmair

Contributor
Reaction score
Check your HIT DB to see if you did it before...?

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

A lot of surveys are gonna look familiar the longer you turk. If hitDB says you haven't done a hit by that requester with the same name you're probably fine.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Demographics are almost always very similar since most surveys collect the same demographic information.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Check your HIT DB to see if you did it before...?
Problem is it won't necessarily be the same title every time but it's in fact the same survey inside.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
don't be surprised if they end up pulling from question queues that use the same wording.

you see it often.

Lauren

Reaction score
don't be surprised if they end up pulling from question queues that use the same wording.

you see it often.
it was that whole "this ladder represents society, which rung are you" thing that i definitely answered before lol

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
HOTD GUYS /s
Title: Write a 500-600 word article about a current world events. | PANDA
Requester: enutra [AG05ODTADHRQM] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.14 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 7 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This article must be unique.
Time: 3 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 60

Status
Not open for further replies.