10/18 - Tonal Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
This was unexpected, and very welcome! :)

You've received a bonus from Sarah Cogswell for work related to 3SA4EMRVJW46VOB2BPVYUNHGQFE0P2.
The value of your bonus is: $10.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Performed in the top 20% for the Reasoning, Email Skills, English: Verbal Comprehension, English: Written Communication, Technical Support, job skills test(s). Thank you for participating!

C to the J @C to the J

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
I honestly didn't think the bonuses were real.

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Sarah Cogswell for work related to
The value of your bonus is: $6.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Performed in the top 20% for the Data Entry, English: Verbal Comprehension, Supervisory Skills: Interpersonal Skills, job skills test(s). Thank you for participating!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

esprit-hyperdoux

Crowd Disappointer
Requester
Contributor
Reaction score
So did you guys search for the most obscure facts about celebrities? Because for several I thought, "That can't be true about them!" Then Googled it and yep, it's a true fact! (And I shamelessly used that realization in several of my conversations.)
everything is taken from "freebase", which i think was some kind of project to collectively write a huge database of all human knowledge, like a machine readable wikipedia i guess?

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Feel like I got hit by the Foo Fighters tour bus as they left Milwaukee last night. And I didn't even drink at the concert! I think I can take a day off.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
everything is taken from "freebase", which i think was some kind of project to collectively write a huge database of all human knowledge, like a machine readable wikipedia i guess?
I hope the removed NDA content is that they were using it to program obscure celebrity facts into those robots from Boston Dynamics

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
It is randomly weird info, and I think some has to be incorrect. I can see why, before this was organized into such a digestible format, you were all "wth is this ?" Also, while most is true (like, did you know Jennifer Aniston was actually influenced by Telly Savalas? He was one of her dad's bffs...who knew?) most was info that had me scratching my head thinking, "So this is the information about this celebrity you want me to write about? Not one of these other four xyz things that are so well known?"

Anyway, you did a great job making the hits doable with the information. I could do many, many more as long as you don't mind the scenarios getting creative! (And, perhaps, don't mind a personal opinion or two creeping in as I pretend I am Person A.)

charlie

Reaction score
I kind of feel bad for all the complaining now
i haven't seen anything from cogswell yet. i'm guessing it's not likely to happen for me. i'll actually be shocked if i managed to earn a bonus off her hits. in the meantime i'm above my daily goal with a PE of $26.14 and hopefully that'll just keep going up through the rest of the day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.