10/18 - Tonal Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
definitely a slow start today. oh well. i'll be up late anyways listening to the ALCS.
Hubby yesterday was so annoyed with the NLCS game. he forgot it was an early start and he's a Dodger fan. By the time he was free to watch they were ahead. but he was too superstitious to turn it on. In case he jinxed them. So he found random shit to do and listened to it instead, Hahaha.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Learn a new smartphone application, Part 1 of a 2-part study | Accept
Requester: Elizabeth Kensinger [A2DYUD5LQM3YJW] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.29] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=21.05] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 43200
Available: 1
Description: View videos that will teach you the functions of a new smartphone application. $2 for this initial 30-minute learning session. An additional $9 for a follow-up 15-minute job (available tomorrow).
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.0
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Second part pays $9 and is much shorter![/td][/tr]

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 30 minute academic survey with $2 completion award and the chance to earn additional payment. | Accept
Requester: Labor Experiment [AOLHHITHIDALG] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.49] [Pay=4.56] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.25] [Pen=0.56 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=83%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Duration: 10800
Available: 1
Description: You will be asked to complete an academic survey. Your eligibility to participate in this survey may depend on your participation in a prior HIT by this requester. You can check your eligibility by completing the first page of the survey. Thank you!
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Promotion Study DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

Reactions: Trucker

LumosDC

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone's opinion is. When you take a survey/study and midway through it they say you have a chance at a bonus that you can either donate or keep to yourself or however they decide to word it. I'm just curious how most other Turkers respond to that. Do you donate it or do you keep it? Do you think that the requester really donates the money or do you think it is just to see what choice you pick.
I know some say that if you contact them they can provide proof that money the was actually donated.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Good Morning all, could anyone give me some pointers. I am new on this forum but not to forums in general. So my problem here is when I try to post a hit it tells me I can't because it is spam like. What am I doing wrong? I had no problem when I was on TurkerNation.
We have it set so you can't post links until you've made 3 posts without links. (It's a spam prevention thing) and I see that someone else has already answered so I'm just gonna give you this welcome gif:

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: 20-Minute Survey (~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Charles Myers [A2GPUG02387UEV] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.83] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=5.22] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Duration: 5400
Available: 32
Description: Participate in an 20-minute study about how messages shape attitudes and behaviors. Quick approval!
Qualifications: SurveyGroup [1604] DoesNotExist ; Exc: [110248458-110498] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
:)[/td][/tr]

BluAngel

Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone's opinion is. When you take a survey/study and midway through it they say you have a chance at a bonus that you can either donate or keep to yourself or however they decide to word it. I'm just curious how most other Turkers respond to that. Do you donate it or do you keep it? Do you think that the requester really donates the money or do you think it is just to see what choice you pick.
I always keep it. When I donate money I do it to an organization of my own choosing and I also track it for my own tax purposes. I have always kept the money they want me to donate and up to now they always pay the bonus to me. I imagine they are looking for a tax write off and it is of no benefit to any of us.

Reactions: lolkatB

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Urgh so not feeling the grind this morning.
Does anyone want to feed penny hits, that way that I don't need to think about it ? Or see cos my eyesight's terrible today too. I've got everything up to 150% from normal.

Reactions: BluAngel

charlie

Reaction score
I know some say that if you contact them they can provide proof that money the was actually donated.
i never donate. we are all doing AMT because we have ourselves we have to look out for. I also don't trust most of the requestors saying they will donate. too often deception is used in these surveys and i would be surprised if they were actually telling the truth.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
"Interviewing people who lose things like their phone...

call us"

Hmmm

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: [Qualification for Larger HIT] Find Researcher Headshots | PANDA
Requester: Michael Woytowitz [A24F9YFXOSU6CT] (Contact)
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $0.05
Duration: 15 days
Available: 5
Description: Your task is to find headshots and copy and paste the image url. We've made an effort to make completing the HIT as seamless as possible but are open to any and all feedback
Requirements: HeadshotQualification DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90

Reactions: Trucker

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
I got an email saying "I've been selected" for the HIT starting at 12 with no link to it. Silly people.

Reactions: cb456 and Jaded

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I got an email saying "I've been selected" for the HIT starting at 12 with no link to it. Silly people.
I'm doing it too...found and accepted it, but just sitting here waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.