10/18 - Wait Until Dark Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 481

Gonna buy a variety pack of Jones Soda. Someone said they were pretty good.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been warning about this for a while. The constant arms race to build bigger and better panda and scraper scripts for mass consumption has led to multiple changes in response to the constant deluge of page requests assaulting the system. Such as the advent of throttling, and the tighter PRE timing.

You'll need to adjust the way you turk in the immediate to go back to a more analog mode like it was before until you see what, if anything, is going to happen. No more running pandas endlessly trying to catch surveys. Slow your scraper down or turn it off entirely. Adjust your workflow to be less automated, start the war machine up in bursts and then shut it back down again.

Diversify your revenue stream... nothing like mturk should ever be your only source, that is begging for disaster to hit, especially with how uncertain the status of your account has always been with the random suspensions. Do work on more sites... get a part time job... start an etsy store... whatever.

D

Deleted member 481

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Fun Survey About Pizza! | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Gregory Dzurik [A21SL3EU361SAN] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.77] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 34] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $28.13/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 75% of 4] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about pizza delivery
Requirements: None;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
fun, pizza, survey....

Reactions: Evergreen Queen

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
TO 2:
[Rate: $28.13/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 75% of 4] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00

C to the J @C to the J
I'm waiting for pizza to be delivered right now. I NEED this survey. Of course, I missed it and now I'm afraid to PANDA for it...

jnalleyne

Reaction score
Diversify your revenue stream... nothing like mturk should ever be your only source, that is begging for disaster to hit, especially with how uncertain the status of your account has always been with the random suspensions.
A lot of us doesn't have a choice other than to use MTurk...

Reactions: ecko

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of us doesn't have a choice other than to use MTurk...
That's a false perception you've created in your mind. At the very least there are several other mturk-like sites on the internet where you can do the same sorts of work, some of them closed platforms that require actually being hired, some of them more open.

D

Deleted member 481

TO 2:
Reward:
$2.00

C to the J @C to the J
Time: 05:40
Hourly: $21.17
Writing mostly, but easy writing.

TheDuck

Reaction score
I've been warning about this for a while. The constant arms race to build bigger and better panda and scraper scripts for mass consumption has led to multiple changes in response to the constant deluge of page requests assaulting the system. Such as the advent of throttling, and the tighter PRE timing.

You'll need to adjust the way you turk in the immediate to go back to a more analog mode like it was before until you see what, if anything, is going to happen. No more running pandas endlessly trying to catch surveys. Slow your scraper down or turn it off entirely. Adjust your workflow to be less automated, start the war machine up in bursts and then shut it back down again.

Diversify your revenue stream... nothing like mturk should ever be your only source, that is begging for disaster to hit, especially with how uncertain the status of your account has always been with the random suspensions. Do work on more sites... get a part time job... start an etsy store... whatever.
Totally agree here, but it still sucks when it happens

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score

I'm going to hit the gym and tighten my shit up to be a hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.