Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
"Thank you for your work! Unfortunately, there are no tasks available at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Didn't even get to do one -__-. On to the next hit.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Like HIT of the month or HIT of the week and they can get a badge like the HIT Poster badge of Crowd Pleaser one. Does that already happen?
No, but it would probably be pretty difficult since the majority of requesters that use mturk aren't on forums.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
No, but the google translate button in chrome does.
I think some of the Pins could be in German, as well. So, if the text matters, and you don't speak German, would they be productive GoogleTranslating every one? Up to you, I guess.

Reactions: kryss

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
No, but the google translate button in chrome does.
Google translate isn't always reliable to convey the exact sentiment or context. I think it'd be safe to assume that if the directions are in German, they want you to be fluent in German.

Last edited:

chuchotant

I made that batch faaamous
Reaction score
FYI on the French no qual Pinterests

Thanks for reaching out! We're testing out the locale qualifications but really are just looking for people who feel inherently native in a language. If you feel strong enough in the language, go ahead and try it out! I see you've done some and got all the test questions right, so you're fine =)
Thanks for working on our HITs and if you meet any official qualifications, feel free to do whichever you enjoy!
The Pin Quality Team

Edit: Here was my orig email to them

Hello,

I noticed you had these hits with a loc Fr qualification a few days ago. You released them today with no qual. I do understand French and write it so I figured I would take a crack at doing a few. I double checked all the search queries to make sure I was right. I just want to make sure you were ok with people not in France doing them.

Thank you,

Not A Robot

VERIFIED HUMAN
Contributor
Reaction score
No, but it would probably be pretty difficult since the majority of requesters that use mturk aren't on forums.
That is very true. That would make it rather difficult. I guess we could do it and then just hope a requester on here eventually wins it.. but even if that happened not everyone is doing the same HITs so that becomes problematic too, how would we objectively vote on something like that. Oh well, just an idea I had a couple days ago.

Reactions: kryss

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.