11/04 - Mutfruit Monday!

What do you prefer more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DatJersey

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Alex Jensen for work related to 375VMB7D4KLC2M0O0NTU0YVPV6MDIE.
The value of your bonus is: $4.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
No comment provided by Requester.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
Sibling Survey follow up bonus

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reactions: TSolo315

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I was afraid that would happen on my second try and that I would have to bake a lot of bread and muffins ? I'm going to have to write little comments for the shopper on everything and they will hate me....
I like the color scheme you have going on with your avatar, name, and banners.

You should just keep the pumpkin cat forever :nod:

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Answer a 4-5 minute survey | Accept
Requester: CIP [A1ECMMA9L8JTV5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.63] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.62] [Fast=4.13] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=4.50] [Reviews=27] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.66
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer demographic questions and give opinion about jobs
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: DatJersey

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
What world do you live in that they are $1.67 a lb? I'm online grocery shopping right now and they are $0.49 a lb. Sometimes I think on sale they even get quite cheaper than that.
The online delivery world. Gotta love reading the mice type on a lot of ads that mention online delivery or shipping and it usually says "prices in store may not be identical to the prices online". I definitely believe there can be a markup to help the store increase margins or to help defray the cost of picking, shipping or delivery those items.

Yes, $1.67 a pound is an excessive markup and a huge profit for the store as bananas are one of the most popular items sold in a supermarket. Also, in LucyO's case, how is one banana one pound if she ordered a pound of bananas and got one banana?

Reactions: LucyO

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Online Food Ordering ($0.70) | Accept
Requester: Zhen Yang [A1OGKXH8SY722Y] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: An Online Food Ordering company would like to test its new website
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Title: Qualification - Determine whether a table supports/refutes a claim | Accept
Requester: Anonymous Collector [A1GR3E0DHYDPTL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.00] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.06
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: Presented with a claim and a table, determine whether the table supports/refutes the claim
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; Location In AU, CA, GB, US; TableValidationQualification DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 96

another qual from this requester - tables instead of images like the one from the other day

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Moral Decision Making (8~10 minutes approx) | Accept
Requester: Brock Bastian [AB7F6PMGV5XY3] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.15] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.41] [Fast=4.76] [Comm=4.24] [Fair=4.59] [Reviews=126] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.30
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 30
Description: Answer a few questions about your behavioral tendencies and your views on social issues
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: DatJersey

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
The online delivery world. Gotta love reading the mice type on a lot of ads that mention online delivery or shipping and it usually says "prices in store may not be identical to the prices online". I definitely believe there can be a markup to help the store increase margins or to help defray the cost of picking, shipping or delivery those items.

Yes, $1.67 a pound is an excessive markup and a huge profit for the store as bananas are one of the most popular items sold in a supermarket. Also, in LucyO's case, how is one banana one pound if she ordered a pound of bananas and got one banana?
Some of the things are priced different, but most things are the same. If they pick up something different than what you thought you ordered, or did order, the price is adjusted when they charge you. The person buying the groceries for you, actually has to go through the line (well, they have their own line in some stores) and everything gets rung up and then charged. Then, they add the delivery and service and tip fees. So, I thought I ordered a pound or a bunch, but I was only charged for one lonely banana.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Some of the things are priced different, but most things are the same. If they pick up something different than what you thought you ordered, or did order, the price is adjusted when they charge you. The person buying the groceries for you, actually has to go through the line (well, they have their own line in some stores) and everything gets rung up and then charged. Then, they add the delivery and service and tip fees. So, I thought I ordered a pound or a bunch, but I was only charged for one lonely banana.
oh, you had a "personal shopper" service. I thought you were using Kroger Clicklist or something where Kroger has employees that wander the aisles with blue carts picking things and then store them in a special room until you go to pick it up or they deliver it to you. They don't have to go to through the same checkout I do. :LOL:

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
they look pretty similar on the outside (unless i've been doing something very wrong all this time)

if it's a labeling problem, could be someone else made them and the labeling person wasn't sure

if it's an instacart getting your groceries problem, sometimes they just rush and don't read :shifty:
It was an "Oops, we're all out of pumpkin pies, but we substituted a sweet potato pie" situation, with the person who brought it out saying, "I figured it was the same thing" :facepalm2:

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
oh, you had a "personal shopper" service. I thought you were using Kroger Clicklist or something where Kroger has employees that wander the aisles with blue carts picking things and then store them in a special room until you go to pick it up or they deliver it to you. They don't have to go to through the same checkout I do. :LOL:
I've been using Instacart. One of the stores around here uses their own staff for it, but most are local people doing it for extra money. I thought about doing it, but I hate shopping, even when it's for myself :hilarious:

Reactions: XWarrior

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
It was an "Oops, we're all out of pumpkin pies, but we substituted a sweet potato pie" situation, with the person who brought it out saying, "I figured it was the same thing" :facepalm2:
Don't you guys technically live in what's considered "The South"? Shouldn't they know better?

DatJersey

Reaction score
Title: Guess the words! (~ 60 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Jesse Snedeker [A1SYN8J5WSNRGW] [TurkerView]
Description: (~ 60minutes) You will read a short story and fill in words in sentences by guessing what comes next!
Duration: ~180min
Reward: $7.00
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 27 min, 56 sec
Catchability: Okay
This is still floating around. took me 40 mins though, not 28

thismegan

resting cat face
Reaction score
thank the U.S. Govt FDA that says pumpkin pie can be called "pumpkin" even though it's made with varieties of squash.

After looking at different varieties of both Cucurbita maxima and Cucurbita pepo, they can both look like regular orange pumpkins. I grew pumpkins before, and I can't really tell you which of those types I grew. What I got out of it was that pumpkins, like broccoli, are easy to grow in mediocre Los Angeles soil enriched with potting soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.