Title: Personality & Opinions | Accept
Requester: Patrick Boyd [A1H8VB35NQ9W4K] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.32] [Fast=4.78] [Comm=4.25] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=33] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.45
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: I am conducting research on personality and attitudes, and I am inviting you to participate in my online study.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Little mom brag. A friend of mine grew up in Paradise, CA (the town that was wiped out by the Camp Fire that is still raging). She posted on Facebook yesterday that if anyone had gift cards they weren't using and would like to donate, send them to her and she will gather them all up and sometime after Thanksgiving, once the donations slow down, she'll send them on to people affected. Her parents still live (d?) there.

I decided to buy some Target gift cards (just what little I can afford) in small denominations and send them so people who lost it all can get, oh, toothpaste? Diapers? Maybe a small toy for their kid? I asked my son if he wanted to donate any of his money to help me buy more gift cards.

My kid handed me $45 in cash this morning and told me to get three $15 gift cards that might help out three families in some small way.

That's a lot of money for a 14 year old. I'm pretty proud he's willing to give that much up. He said the news is really affecting him and so many people lost everything, including loved ones, and his little bit of money might make things just the tiniest bit easier for them.

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
In today's edition of "Thing I bought on Ebay at 2am" we have:

Horror movies recorded from 1990's HBO on to blank tapes.

Seller wanted $6 shipped
I offered him $4
He counter-offered with $4.50 and I begrudgingly accepted.

Anyway, thank you all for coming to my TED talk.
Lmao. That's hilarious.

Reactions: C to the J

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
In today's edition of "Thing I bought on Ebay at 2am" we have:

Horror movies recorded from 1990's HBO on to blank tapes.

Seller wanted $6 shipped
I offered him $4
He counter-offered with $4.50 and I begrudgingly accepted.

Anyway, thank you all for coming to my TED talk.
Return of the Living Dead. I loved that movie as a teen. I actually memorized the entire soundtrack.

Excellent purchase!

Reactions: C to the J

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Little mom brag. A friend of mine grew up in Paradise, CA (the town that was wiped out by the Camp Fire that is still raging). She posted on Facebook yesterday that if anyone had gift cards they weren't using and would like to donate, send them to her and she will gather them all up and sometime after Thanksgiving, once the donations slow down, she'll send them on to people affected. Her parents still live (d?) there.

I decided to buy some Target gift cards (just what little I can afford) in small denominations and send them so people who lost it all can get, oh, toothpaste? Diapers? Maybe a small toy for their kid? I asked my son if he wanted to donate any of his money to help me buy more gift cards.

My kid handed me $45 in cash this morning and told me to get three $15 gift cards that might help out three families in some small way.

That's a lot of money for a 14 year old. I'm pretty proud he's willing to give that much up. He said the news is really affecting him and so many people lost everything, including loved ones, and his little bit of money might make things just the tiniest bit easier for them.

It's so terrible. My grandmother, aunt and uncle and cousins lived there forever (50 years) Grandma and Aunt and Uncle passed away years ago, but my cousin's kids took my Aunt's house and lived there, I presume. I spent every summer there for a couple weeks when I was growing up.It was so beautiful. I can't get my head around it. I am no longer in contact with a single family member, so I don't know how anyone is.....

Reactions: tricker

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score

You did good by that one Mom

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
It's so terrible. My grandmother, aunt and uncle and cousins lived there forever (50 years) Grandma and Aunt and Uncle passed away years ago, but my cousin's kids took my Aunt's house and lived there, I presume. I spent every summer there for a couple weeks when I was growing up.It was so beautiful. I can't get my head around it. I am no longer in contact with a single family member, so I don't know how anyone is.....
The devastation is...devastating. I can't comprehend the pictures. And the death toll keeps going up and up. So many people were just trapped. There was literally not enough time to get out enough evacuation warnings. And dead end streets didn't help...so many things went "wrong" to create the Perfect Storm of destruction and loss of lives. My heart breaks.

All we are dealing with here is air so unhealthy they're saying "don't go outside unless you have to." My kid's school is keeping them all inside even at PE and lunch. Fortunately, it's mostly interior hallways so he's inside most of the day.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I feels that!

Should have seen me try not to cry when he handed me the money and I said he gave me too much and he yelled, "I counted it, Mom. I know what I gave you!" in a tone that said, "Let's not over discuss this, please?" I just choked up and blinked back tears.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
edit: He yelled because he was in another room, he wasn't yelling at me. So yell is just "raised voice so I could hear him from the kitchen", not irritated teenager voice, lol.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I feels that!

Should have seen me try not to cry when he handed me the money and I said he gave me too much and he yelled, "I counted it, Mom. I know what I gave you!" in a tone that said, "Let's not over discuss this, please?" I just choked up and blinked back tears.
Oh my lord, what a kid!

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Pinterest - Pinterest Ad Relevance in Search | Accept
Requester: Pinterest [AURHK491L2LH6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$28.22] [Pay=4.54] [Fast=4.20] [Comm=4.00] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=3.93] [Comm=2.39] [Fair=4.42] [Reviews=103] [ToS=15]
TO2: [Hrly=9.69] [Pen=1.75 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=45%] [Rej=1] [ToS=1] [Brk=3]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 20:00
Available: 1
Description: You will log in to Pinterest to complete simple tasks.
Qualifications: Scammers DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.