11/21 - Must Squash Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
oh. i was nervous about the bears, guess I have been worreid about the wrong animal? But he was so cute!
Heck I would be worried about the bear!

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Heck I would be worried about the bear!
My daughter was visiting. Told me there was a bear outside her window. I didn't belive her and went back to sleep. She woke me up later, and we watched it walk down my driveway. It's been back a few times. It's not even like out in the middle of no where. Well a little bit.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
If we go to 1.8 & 2 M. What does the winner get? I feel like this should be a pretty nifty prize, like if I win you'll share all your secrets? And if you win, I'll be nice to you? That sounds fair, right?

coosa

Crivens!
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from The Wharton School for work related to 3MG8450X2OA9GAMPX9WH09TY031PUD.
The value of your bonus is: $2.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Bonus based on your performance in the college football QB prediction study. Thank you for participating in our research

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

This is kind of funny - I haven't followed football (pro or college) in years (except that I live in Alabama so you can't really ignore football). I just guessed based on the past statistics they provided!

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
My daughter was visiting. Told me there was a bear outside her window. I didn't belive her and went back to sleep. She woke me up later, and we watched it walk down my driveway. It's been back a few times. It's not even like out in the middle of no where. Well a little bit.
We had a ton of bear where I grew up but just little harmless black ones. Here we just have a mass amount of deer. I think if I saw a bear now I would flip out.

Reactions: T. Leela

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Stakes too high for you?
Ohhh... did you just call me a chicken?

I know you did and it's still not going to bait me into having to do surveys for a week. It was a good effort though.

Reactions: Barbwire

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ohhh... did you just call me a chicken?

I know you did and it's still not going to bait me into having to do surveys for a week. It was a good effort though.

How about $50 worth of surveys within a week?

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Try to accept HITs that come through on that site. If they are unavailable put them on a panda for ~ 30min to try and catch them. Remove them after that time so your TM/PC doesn't get to clogged up. Rinse/repeat all day and you'll hit 50.
OK. I'm not a complete noob. I've already done everything posted here since about 6:00. Most were disqual, but I panda'ed the rest. Caught 1
Closed quals are things like OCMP5s, VDX, Vacationrental. Not masters.

There have been a lot of HITs posted here that I don't see in your list today. I know age has been a roadblock for you in the past but are you really screening out of 90 percent of what's been posted today? Whenever someone posts a HIT are you adding it to Turkmaster or PC to PANDA for you? Are you running HitScraper or HitFinder? I believe you said you used one of them. What pay are you searching on? Are you adding anything there to TM/PC if you can't grab it immediately? Are you doing other things on the computer during your turking time that is distracting you?

Nobody who's smart enough to be in a forum should be making so little return on their time. That's what Reddit is for :D
Not familiar with Reddit, I don't have time for other sites while turking, and I don't do social media at all.

OK. I've been trying our hits since about 5:30, skipped the first half of the day. Disqual or told there's nothing available from almost all of them. Couple of the surveys didn't like my age. Some others are on panda now, and for single hits, I date my pandas, so I can dump them later.
Ones I completed are part HS, part TM, part this forum. Using Notifier now, athough it misses Turker Nation and MTurk Forum.

I usually start Scraper at $4, do all I can, then work downward. Do all I can, turn off and turn on TM. Save the mindless ones for wee small hours.

Not working tomorrow, so will start early in the AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.