11/21 - Very Vanyanka Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Out of curiosity ... was it for a one day order? That happened to me twice last month. The 2nd order was for almost $80 (and granted it was just cleaning supplies/household goods) and took almost 5 days with very similar excuses. I ended up getting a full refund for the order :)

Any time Amazon is late, I chat with an assistant and get a free month membership extension and always ask for at least $5 credit (which is only good for Amazon LLC orders, but still ... adds up). I haven't renewed my membership since early last year and it's been extended through Nov 2018 at this point.
Think it was the standard prime 2 day shipping. I'm kind of hoping we don't just end up getting a refund because it was on some stuff that was half off and if we have to buy it again it'd cost a lost more. I'll mention nudging them about the credit though, thanks :)

Framework43

MC Enthusiast
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Face Rating Task (20 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Adelaide CompCogSci [A2UKL52R7I6BX7] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.53] [Fast: 4.73] [Comm: 4.17] [Fair: 4.74] [Reviews: 111] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $17.83/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 50% of 4] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$3.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 95
Description: We are studying how people rate faces along a number of dimensions and describe faces.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8
Super good, took like 7 minutes

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Dan Svirsky for work related to 36U4VBVNQO1A7IMNGAIGK2AS3K3RU8.
The value of your bonus is: $21.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

I remember this HIT -- did it because electrolyte @electrolyte casually said it was "interesting."

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Out of curiosity ... was it for a one day order? That happened to me twice last month. The 2nd order was for almost $80 (and granted it was just cleaning supplies/household goods) and took almost 5 days with very similar excuses. I ended up getting a full refund for the order :)

Any time Amazon is late, I chat with an assistant and get a free month membership extension and always ask for at least $5 credit (which is only good for Amazon LLC orders, but still ... adds up). I haven't renewed my membership since early last year and it's been extended through Nov 2018 at this point.
:writing:

Reactions: Starslip

kkarloff

Reaction score
Title: Evaluations Survey | PANDA
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.39] [Fast: 4.22] [Comm: 3.63] [Fair: 4.47] [Reviews: 544] [ToS: 6]
TO 2:
[Rate: $3.70/hr] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: 0% of 1] [Rec: 33% of 6] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$0.15
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 14
Description: We will pay you $0.15 for this 1-minute task.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Dan Svirsky for work related to 36U4VBVNQO1A7IMNGAIGK2AS3K3RU8.
The value of your bonus is: $21.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

I remember this HIT -- did it because electrolyte @electrolyte casually said it was "interesting."
Oh yeah! I think I remember what it was now too. Took ages but obviously paid off. Thanks electrolyte @electrolyte

Reactions: TSolo315

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Think it was the standard prime 2 day shipping. I'm kind of hoping we don't just end up getting a refund because it was on some stuff that was half off and if we have to buy it again it'd cost a lost more. I'll mention nudging them about the credit though, thanks :)
Oh no ... I got a full refund AND they put the order back through :wink:

D

Deleted member 481

Yep, I got 1 month extension so far for a late delivery.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a few questions | PANDA
Requester: Joshua Knobe [A3INOEQSBNJES5] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.82] [Fast: 4.76] [Comm: 3.96] [Fair: 4.72] [Reviews: 157] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $7.45/hr] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 3] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 40 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Answer a few quick questions.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

Reactions: WarmPotato

charlie

Reaction score
Title: Alien Language Game | PANDA
Requester: Michael Hahn [A2I7MGVA4ZSZL0] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $20.40/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 50% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$3.60
Duration: 50 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Learn a few alien words
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

that was a pretty easy one and a good break from the survey monotony :D

Reactions: SweetiePuff

GRR

Reaction score
If you're working from queue you have to be panda-ing, otherwise how do things get in your queue?

edit: Maybe turn down the panda that's grabbing hits.
You do not have to even use panda to accept hits. Turk has a "hoard" feature. At this point I am accepting one at a time(I shut Panda off...not pause..not even up)...still getting page errors every few hits. Shame..with 2 scripts I can do them as fast as they will load...just use the num pad and auto submit...I like them because..well...not a lot of thinking needed! I guess it may be time to try out the new site....

Status
Not open for further replies.