11/30 - Batman Thursday!

Who would win in a Fatal Four-Way Match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems posting hits from MTS? I tried posting two hits, but got a popup saying I was unable to post in the daily thread. (It wasn't because someone else had posted.)
Click on "Forum" instead of "MTC Direct" and you can paste the HIT here.

Reactions: Michele

bldgblocks

Done and done, or just done.
Reaction score
Check your inbox in Prolific and they give a link there
I got the link but didn't know how to take it in Prolific so just opened a new tab and did it there. I entered my Prolific ID. Sorry, new to the Prolific stuff and used to having to submit in the site like on Mturk.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone who was affected by the quake OK? Californian here, I know how scary they are.
CA too. u talking about the one in the early 90s?

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
I got the link but didn't know how to take it in Prolific so just opened a new tab and did it there. I entered my Prolific ID. Sorry, new to the Prolific stuff and used to having to submit in the site like on Mturk.
You did it right. It opens in its own link and they want your ID. They'll bonus you that way.

Reactions: bldgblocks

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
That's the only one I didn't sleep through but holy shit everything in my house just fell immediately.
Seriously though. Everything. Our TVs went flying across the room! The roof of the building where I worked totally collapsed. It was such a good thing it was at like 4 AM so most people weren't out and about.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
That's the only one I didn't sleep through but holy shit everything in my house just fell immediately.
That's how the Loma Prieta quake was for me. Like whole bookcases and stuff just toppled over, dishes flew out of the cupboards, and we had this chandelier in the dining room that dented the ceiling from swinging so hard.

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
So, I've got that memory and speed HIT sitting in my queue. I'm going to need a pep talk if I'm even going to touch it. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
That's how the Loma Prieta quake was for me. Like whole bookcases and stuff just toppled over, dishes flew out of the cupboards, and we had this chandelier in the dining room that dented the ceiling from swinging so hard.
Yikes!

Reactions: aveline

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Click on "Forum" instead of "MTC Direct" and you can paste the HIT here.
I'm looking under Export Settings and I don't see that option. I had "Enable Mturk Crowd Export" checked, and only that.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
When you don't live in CA, it's still scary for a moment. Plus, they're in a spot that's gonna get reactions from the water for a bit.
I completely understand. If we were to experience a freak tornado in a populated area we'd be absolutely f**ked. I would guess that less than 1% of residences in California even have basements. Even light rain results in people acting like its a natural disaster down here in San Diego... Seriously, I couldn't even image how catastrophic a light dusting of snow would be in a city like San Diego or Los Angeles!

I was in one about that size way up in a skyscraper in SF and it felt way bigger up there. (And it shut down the damn trains so I couldn't get home for HOURS while they inspected the tracks.)
There's nothing quite as terrifying as the experience of working in my chemistry lab, on the top floor of our building, surrounded by 100's of bottles of chemicals that can melt my skin off, when an earthquake strikes. Have experienced that a few times... but we have annual evaluations to ensure that all of our facilities and equipment are seismically secured, so we're actually relatively safe in those situations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.