11/30 - We Musn't Laugh on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
I've heard people say it was against the TOS but I have never seen anything come of that. I've never seen it in writing. But then again I haven't bothered to look. It's so damn stupid. The IRS lets us share an account why the hell would Amazon care?
That does seem silly... I'm going to choose not to believe the rumors until someone can show it to me in writing that it is against TOS. I've never had any issues. Figure if Amazon did they would've said something by now, if not then that's their bad!

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I never even thought about this as even possibly being an issue?! My husband and I both have our own turk accounts going on about 4-5 years now. We have both been transferring to the same bank account too. Absolutely zero issues as well. I don't get why others are concerned? What's the issue?

Emphasis on Hearsay.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Multiplayer Cyber Security Game | PANDA
Requester: RP Surveys [A10XJWCD6KM6QR] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.28] [Fair: 4.77] [Comm: 4.44] [Fast: 4.60]
Description:
Interactive multiplayer decision making game with attacker, defender, and user in a cyber security domain. Bonus up to $10. Takes around 20-30 minutes. Game starts when 3 players have entered the game.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: None
Missed it again. :shifty:

Reactions: Pleco

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Possibly the TOS part about Bank Accounts.

• b. Disbursement of Funds to Providers. When Providers register with the Site, a payment account ("Payment Account") will automatically be established in conjunction with their registration. Providers may disburse funds from their Payment Account by the following methods, at their option: (i) to an ACH-Enabled Bank Account in U.S. dollars; (ii) or by converting such funds to a credit that is held for the benefit of Provider in an Amazon.com gift certificate account. For select countries, Amazon Mechanical Turk may enable Providers to request disbursements through physical checks in U.S. or local currency. Check disbursements may be subject to additional fees, registration and documentary requirements. See our FAQs for more information. Funds will only be disbursed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation the United States Patriot Act and the regulations of the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Providers may not share a bank account. We reserve the right to cancel your Payment Account for any reason.
Providers seems to refer to us worker/customers.
Ah-ha! So maybe Amazon Payments lady that SleepComa @SleepComa just spoke to was talking about it not being against Amazon Payments policy, but that bit you copy/pasted from is from the MTurk policy. I doubt Amazon Payments reps are familiar with MTurk policies.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

• b. Disbursement of Funds to Providers. When Providers register with the Site, a payment account ("Payment Account") will automatically be established in conjunction with their registration. Providers may disburse funds from their Payment Account by the following methods, at their option: (i) to an ACH-Enabled Bank Account in U.S. dollars; (ii) or by converting such funds to a credit that is held for the benefit of Provider in an Amazon.com gift certificate account. For select countries, Amazon Mechanical Turk may enable Providers to request disbursements through physical checks in U.S. or local currency. Check disbursements may be subject to additional fees, registration and documentary requirements. See our FAQs for more information. Funds will only be disbursed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation the United States Patriot Act and the regulations of the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Providers may not share a bank account. We reserve the right to cancel your Payment Account for any reason.
We're not very good providers.

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Emily Drake [A3EMHROBW68N2U] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
*Must have a webcam, microphone, speakers, agree to be recorded, and to download GoToMeeting if you don't already have it* Your opinions on how you usable a website is. This study includes: questions, a sorting activity, and using a specific website.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 97; Location is US;

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score

Where's the English translation of this? Lol... "Funds will only be disbursed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations"... to me this says if the banks say we can share an account then there ain't crap Amazon can do about it or they will hear from our lawyer. Just my two cents... anyways gotta go pick up the kiddo from school. I'll be back for the night shift... save some hits for me peeps.

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
Ah-ha! So maybe Amazon Payments lady that SleepComa @SleepComa just spoke to was talking about it not being against Amazon Payments policy, but that bit you copy/pasted from is from the MTurk policy. I doubt Amazon Payments reps are familiar with MTurk policies.
Lol this was in the back of my head the whole time, I wanted to see what I wanted to see so badly!!!

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Alright, I'm back from playing taxi service. :aikon3: Did I miss anything good after the Zoltar extravaganza?

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: MirrorMan

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser