Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I sent these sleazeballs an email:
RE: Short questionnaire on use of technology

I don't like the concept of this survey, and I'd like to withdraw my information and forfeit my 50c. Like many other turkers, I can't make ends meet on Social Security.
FYI, forfeiting your 50 cents means they have to give you a rejection, if they agree to your request. There's no "don't pay and cancel the submitted HIT" option or anything.

Last edited:

coosa

Crivens!
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about a product | PANDA
Requester: Katherine Loveland [AAJ0WJSNH2CE] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.25 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.62 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.52 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 30
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Give us your opinion about our products. Survey should take about 2 minutes. Earn $0.20
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90; Location is US

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My I:eek: A1A2XH9JVSN8Z0

I don't like the concept of this survey, and I'd like to withdraw my information and forfeit my 50c. Like many other turkers, I can't make ends meet on Social Security. I work 10 hours a day to make $15-30 daily, and I don't like being forced to give money to a charity I've never heard of. And a charity who thinks they invented iodized salt sounds more like a a scam than a university study. Don't promise people $5, and then force them to give it to charity. I give when and where I want, when I can afford it.
Maybe I read it wrong, along with a few others ... how did they force you to donate?

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey on U.S. policy preferences | PANDA
Requester: Tobias Heinrich [A22RI5BSBJPEGP] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Evaluate a few U.S. policy changes
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Location is one of: US-CA, US-FL, US-MA, US-MD, US-NC, US-NJ, US-NY, US-TX, US-VA; BackyardPolitics has not been granted; Total approved HITs is greater than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;
2min

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
I used to. Mostly hand knitting. That's what my mom taught me when I was little, and crocheting w/hooks, and I never got into any advance knitting or needle use. I just do it to keep my hands busy. :)

EDIT My mom is very good though. She does baby clothes and basically anything. I'm not great with patterns.
I started learning at age 65 with Youtube. I still go to YT every time I want to learn a new technique. . With today's multicolor yarns, you can even do fabulous things on scarves Bring photos of your work tomorrow night.

charlie

Reaction score
No, they force you to give the $5 to charity, whether you want to or not. A slimy tactic, when I don't have enough to live on. I'm emailing them.
i thought about emailing as well. still might because that's tax implications even for as little as we had to give.
Maybe I read it wrong, along with a few others ... how did they force you to donate?
there's a part that says you'll be given $5 to do what you will with it in terms of donating or not. it then forces you to split the $5 among 3 different targets for donation. you are not allowed to donate nothing.

Digital Nomad

Reaction score
Title: 3 min survey - Easy and Quick | PANDA
Requester: Kacey [A117BKL99M9WSD] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 2 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: -
HITs Available: 30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Location is US

charlie

Reaction score
taking my $20.06 PE and calling it a night. later all!

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i thought about emailing as well. still might because that's tax implications even for as little as we had to give.

there's a part that says you'll be given $5 to do what you will with it in terms of donating or not. it then forces you to split the $5 among 3 different targets for donation. you are not allowed to donate nothing.
Hmmm ... mine mentioned nothing of the sort in regards to 3 different targets. Just one option of how, if at all, you would like to donate the offered amount.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

Digital Nomad

Reaction score
Title: A color-matching study(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Terece Turton [A2BGNXI3YUTJE3] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.50] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Match a color in data with a color on a set of color keys
Time: 25 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: 61798dbc has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Location is one of: AU, CA, GB, IE, US; Exc: [897610-27502] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; c7214ef7 has not been granted;

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
My I:eek: A1A2XH9JVSN8Z0

I don't like the concept of this survey, and I'd like to withdraw my information and forfeit my 50c. Like many other turkers, I can't make ends meet on Social Security. I work 10 hours a day to make $15-30 daily, and I don't like being forced to give money to a charity I've never heard of. And a charity who thinks they invented iodized salt sounds more like a a scam than a university study. Don't promise people $5, and then force them to give it to charity. I give when and where I want, when I can afford it.
There was an option to not give any of the $5 up.
And no one TOOK ANY money FROM you.....

It's their money.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeahhhh.. I think we need to stop talking about this survey now. This is getting to be survey content. If you're unhappy with it or are confused by it, best to just email the requester and leave appropriate TO.

And remember that some surveys have different versions so it's quite possible those who took it ended up with different choices.

coosa

Crivens!
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 3 min survey - Easy and Quick | PANDA
Requester: Kacey [A117BKL99M9WSD] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
-
HITs Available: 16
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US;

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeahhhh.. I think we need to stop talking about this survey now. This is getting to be survey content. If you're unhappy with it or are confused by it, best to just email the requester and leave appropriate TO.

And remember that some surveys have different versions so it's quite possible those who took it ended up with different choices.
new topic then?

what are your thoughts on our new President-elect and his policies?

Status
Not open for further replies.