12/01 - Techno Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Reaction score
Who is IRB?
IRB = Institutional Review Board.
Every university has one and its contact information is provided in the consent form for each college survey or task. As old as that hit is I doubt anyone will be able to grab it again and go look to see what college this requestor is from unless you have emailed and gotten a reply with a college address.If you did that and got a reply from the requestor then google for the IRB email address and then contact it with all the pertinent information.

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of IRBs...Does anyone happen to have the IRB information on a requester that goes by Aubert Nicolas? He did a HIT a few weeks back called "Answer a survey about your opinions on the Amazon Mechanical Turk system fairness " that he gave a BS rejection to a bunch of people on and then e-mailed a bunch of people he rejected asking for PayPal addresses so he could pay us instead of reversing the rejection. I asked what school he was associated with but got no answer.

• Angry
Reactions: Skittles

charlie

Reaction score
How do I go about doing this? Is there an email?
in the dashboard you should see your hits that were approved, pending, paid, rejected and there is a "contact requestor" link on the far right of the page. use that, ask for more details as to why it was rejected. don't let on that you're going to contact the IRB. If the requestor replies it'll go to whatever email address you have associated with the AMT account and with any luck it will be a college or university email address (yale.edu, and so on) and you can go from there.

charlie

Reaction score
Speaking of IRBs...Does anyone happen to have the IRB information on a requester that goes by Aubert Nicolas? He did a HIT a few weeks back called "Answer a survey about your opinions on the Amazon Mechanical Turk system fairness " that he gave a BS rejection to a bunch of people on and then e-mailed a bunch of people he rejected asking for PayPal addresses so he could pay us instead of reversing the rejection. I asked what school he was associated with but got no answer.
nothing in TV?

ronclark03

Reaction score
in the dashboard you should see your hits that were approved, pending, paid, rejected and there is a "contact requestor" link on the far right of the page. use that, ask for more details as to why it was rejected. don't let on that you're going to contact the IRB. If the requestor replies it'll go to whatever email address you have associated with the AMT account and with any luck it will be a college or university email address (yale.edu, and so on) and you can go from there.
I responded after the rejection about giving thoughtful answers but if he didn't want to accept, kindly delete. Told him that rejections hurt chances at other HITS>

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
I can not find this information, but they said, academic research project so I would think a school but that information should have been easy to find. I would message them directly and ask to know what "academic" they are referring to.

kittysoftpaws

Reaction score
How ironic.

Reactions: rjd66 and MirrorMan

Pshan

Reaction score
Title: Self-perception study(~ 1 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.33] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.24] [Fast=4.13] [Comm=3.40] [Fair=4.35] [Reviews=665] [ToS=8]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.12
Duration: 30:00
Available: 20
Description: Earn 0.12 for 1 minute!
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [8337756-261016] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Reactions: HelloHello

Willie_Cat

Contributor
Reaction score
key words - if the requester replies

Reactions: kittysoftpaws

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score

PandaThief

Reaction score

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
Too slow lol

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
If you use MTurk Suite you can go back and look at your rejected HITs in your HIT Tracker history and it will be a button there that will display a screenshot of the HIT preview page of the rejected HIT. Sometimes the information will be on that page or sometimes the study will still be active and you can see if it takes you to the consent section of the study where the University/College and IRB info is often listed.

Reactions: Trucker and rjd66

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
If you use MTurk Suite you can go back and look at your rejected HITs in your HIT Tracker history and it will be a button there that will display a screenshot of the HIT preview page of the rejected HIT. Sometimes the information will be on that page or sometimes the study will still be active and you can see if it takes you to the consent section of the study where the University/College and IRB info is often listed.
Wow learn something new everyday, I knew nothing of this. Thanks for the tip.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Green Consumption (~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Nicholas [AVO39CIYW6EUL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.81] [Pay=Low] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 33
Description: For this study you will be asked to complete a survey. The survey will ask you a series of questions about your thoughts on the environment as well as a series of demographic questions.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Market entry experiments (20-25 minutes on average) | Accept
Requester: Melanie Marvin [ASP7XV4AI55I5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$41.45] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unacceptable] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.67] [Fast=3.67] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 1:40:00
Available: 0
Description: Multiple rounds of a market entry game
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Status
Not open for further replies.