12/02 - Smooth Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's take over Valhalla.

Hmm what happens if I had milk /before/ I ate the zicam?
it's a taste thing so you should be fine.

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
it's a taste thing so you should be fine.

oh phew, I thought I was gonna double die or explode or something o.o

cassius

Reaction score
Before she lost her house my sister in law was a cat lady. Usually 15 to 20 cats in her house. Not fixed. Every so often she'd take a litter to a local park to give them away. We took one which we had for 12 years. I can't even describe the smell in her house. Literally stung your nostrils.
The way I got stuck with the title was there was this sweet old lady when I moved into the neighborhood who did that job. I was informed about her when i moved in. I like cats. They don't bother me but I didn't understand how a lady who once had as her neighbor a vet who would have done the cats for her. She only let him do one and of course the colony multiplied. She did make them live outside. She just fed them twice a day. The vet had moved before I got here but only a street over. So they stayed in touch and he helped her with household things but she wouldn't let him do the cats but one. She thought they would leave her. Well, those two would get into spats occasionally and kind of fought like kids. So when she didn't have him to help her out, she called me as I really liked her and we were friends. I'd go over and feed the kitties. But going into the house was very hard. The smell from cats that didn't live in the living part of the house was terrible. The cats could get into the basement as it was warm in winter. Many of those babies perished down there and that was what made the house have a certain smell. Some time ago the lady died. I came home from work late one night. The ambulance was at her house and all the cats at mine. It's been done deal every since. Someone put me in touch with cat welfare and it took me a year and half to get every single on of those critters in and TNR;d. One mother was very difficult to trap and of course she kept having litters. But i got them all done. Some then left but they were no longer a neighborhood threat and several still hang around. Someone helps me with their care now. Crazy cat lady is a fun and funny name but to do it correctly it carries a lot of responsibility.

D

Deleted member 481

Emailed Olivia Huang last night about a discrepancy in a hit that was paying 50 cents but said it was paying $1 on the 1st page. I've seen these survey hits like this so many times, but never messaged the requesters. Guess I better start doing that:
Hi, greetings,

Thank you for pointing that out. That is a remiss on my part. I will bonus the signed up workers the rest 50 cents within the day.

Sincerely,
Olivia

Last edited by a moderator:

LlamaRhama

Party Llama
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
Title: COMPLETE A SURVEY ABOUT COMMUNICATION | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Natalie Jomini [AHZWSF0NPHVWS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.50] [Fast: 4.20] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 9] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Give us your opinion about communication, relationships, and the media
Time: 50 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Maybe you should learn to communicate by not yelling, Natalie.

Reactions: Nuramazing

masterx1234

Contributor
Reaction score
Should we turkers make a petition to prevent Amazon from killing the old site?

Reactions: Peachy
Status
Not open for further replies.