12/06 - Wedding Wednesday!

How do you like your coffee?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what those mean. Just the default setting on Panda Crazy 0.5.2?
As far as scripts go, mostly hit finder and panda crazy. overwatch, i just started using this week. however, i found out i don't know how to accept automatically. can you tell me ?
Using Panda Crazy to catch hits is really good. But if you have 15 running, it will check for each one of those approximately (depending on your settings and how many pres you are getting) once every 15 seconds. If several other turkers are running pandas for any of those hits, but only have like 3-4 pandas running, it checks for those hits at least 3xs more often than your pandas do, therefore you're less likely to grab the hit.

Hope that makes sense?

Only keep a small number of pandas running at once.

Also, I catch very few of my surveys from just clicking on the hit. 85% are from pandas, so if you're not catching by clicking that's pretty normal.

bldgblocks

Done and done, or just done.
Reaction score
there are hundreds of other workers clicking on the same HITs that you are. you should probably not run more than a couple pandas at a time, you will have a higher chance of catching each one.
Lowered mine down to less than 10 off of everyone's advice and reading this I'm gonna lower the amount running to even fewer.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Lowered mine down to less than 10 off of everyone's advice and reading this I'm gonna lower the amount running to even fewer.
Yea think about it like this.
If you're running 15 pandas then that $2/10 min HIT is being searched for as much as that $5/5 minute HIT.

They are not equal.

I personally don't ever run more than one panda but I don't recommend anyone turk in the manner that I do.

sandyriver

Reaction score
Using Panda Crazy to catch hits is really good. But if you have 15 running, it will check for each one of those approximately (depending on your settings and how many pres you are getting) once every 15 seconds. If several other turkers are running pandas for any of those hits, but only have like 3-4 pandas running, it checks for those hits at least 3xs more often than your pandas do, therefore you're less likely to grab the hit.

Hope that makes sense?

Only keep a small number of pandas running at once.

Also, I catch very few of my surveys from just clicking on the hit. 85% are from pandas, so if you're not catching by clicking that's pretty normal.
also a normally running panda crazy goes totally haywire with pres and timer hitting above 1000's when I have hitfinder running. Am I doing something wrong here in the settings?

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Yea think about it like this.
If you're running 15 pandas then that $2/10 min HIT is being searched for as much as that $5/5 minute HIT.

They are not equal.

I personally don't ever run more than one panda but I don't recommend anyone turk in the manner that I do.
Even though you make more money than most of us...

Reactions: C to the J

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Keep track of what number works best for you. I used to be able to run more pandas and catch a bunch of stuff, then I realized I wasn't catching much and ran a smaller number.

If I'm having a day where I'm catching allthethings I usually risk it and add a few more pandas to the mix. And I think the "optimal" number depends on a lot of factors, so your best number could very well be higher than my best number!

Last edited:

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
That's because he's a 5's champion and can do over a thousand of those a day! lol.

(well, that's not the ONLY reason he makes good money...and I do admire that work ethic that keeps him hamming 5s. I'm over here cherry picking the ones with images and start to drift away after doing 10!)

Reactions: Liz and C to the J

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Because quals and masters....that's why I'm saying don't turk like me because others will not have the same results.

I may go days without pandaing anything......because if I do then I have to do a survey and that sucks.

Reactions: MarkC

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
That's because he's a 5's whore and can do over a thousand of those a day! lol.

(well, that's not the ONLY reason he makes good money...and I do admire that work ethic that keeps him hamming 5s. I'm over here cherry picking the ones with images and start to drift away after doing 10!)
Fixed.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Investigating Decision Making and Personality Correlates of Behavior: Part One | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Michael Amlung [A3RZY16MTWMWWP] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.33] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 4.50] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 7] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $10.00/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: This is a research study on the relationships between personality traits and decision-making preferences and various lifestyle behaviors such as substance use, driving behaviors and stress
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US-AK, US-CA, US-CO, US-DC, US-MA, US-ME, US-NV, US-OR, US-WA; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

Reactions: Vanyanka

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Participate in a 15 minute research study | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Aaron Zimbelman [A5M33IZL9TTVL] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 3 hours
Available: 1
Description: Answer some aptitude and follow-up questions. Earn up to $2 bonus pay. You may not participate in this study more than once.
Requirements: Total approved HITs is greater than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
also a normally running panda crazy goes totally haywire with pres and timer hitting above 1000's when I have hitfinder running. Am I doing something wrong here in the settings?
Probably not much wrong. The thing with pre's that I'm guessing about based on experience is that once you start getting pres you need to slow things waaaaayyyyy down for X amount of time to stop getting a large number of pres. Sometimes if I am receiving a lot of pres I just stop all things running for 15 mins to "reset" whatever internal timer Amazon is using.

I played with PC over a few days to find the optimal settings. I have HF running, too, and now really only get pres if I put something on GoHam.

Of course, that's how it works for me over here...not sure if everyone has the same experiences I do!

Last edited:
Reactions: sandyriver

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
That's because he's a 5's champion and can do over a thousand of those a day! lol.

same

Status
Not open for further replies.