12/09 - Fun Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Had to write this for those who may be feeling a loss this season.
Twenty years ago, my husband and I were in Walmart and I wanted to buy my twins two cute toys that were 20 dollars each. My husband said "Hell No". 1 month later those toys were valued at about 500 dollars each, they were Tickle Me Elmos. We spent every year laughng about that and I always made the decisions after that.

Fast Forward to my grand daughter, the child of one of those twins. She wanted a certain toy this year that I bought her 2 months ago. Yesterday my daughter saw that it is now triple what I paid for it. We talked about what her Dad would have said since he passed away a year and a half ago.

We laughed and cried but the memories overcome the tears. If anyone is starting to feel sad or blue, make sure you find someone to talk to or you can even PM me even though I don't know you.
The day does not the season make, it is the people who love you, cry with you and care for you.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Twenty years ago, my husband and I were in Walmart and I wanted to buy my twins two cute toys that were 20 dollars each. My husband said "Hell No". 1 month later those toys were valued at about 500 dollars each, they were Tickle Me Elmos. We spent every year laughng about that and I always made the decisions after that.

Fast Forward to my grand daughter, the child of one of those twins. She wanted a certain toy this year that I bought her 2 months ago. Yesterday my daughter saw that it is now triple what I paid for it. We talked about what her Dad would have said since he passed away a year and a half ago.

We laughed and cried but the memories overcome the tears. If anyone is starting to feel sad or blue, make sure you find someone to talk to or you can even PM me even though I don't know you.
The day does not the season make, it is the people who love you, cry with you and care for you.
Touching. :) Thanks.

Reactions: booboo33

Turkster

Reaction score
Title: Building a Sexual Minority Task | PANDA
Requester: Nicholas Heck [AMNO3ZU51DJM6] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Following this task, you will be asked rate how prejudiced and offensive you find each comment using a 7 –point scale. Please note that some of the comments might contain offensive language. Finally, you will complete a series of demographic measures.
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Total approved HITs is greater than 50; Location is US;

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: FOR WOMEN IN FULLTIME EMPLOYMENT: Survey about relationships at work
Requester: Jennifer Whitson [A27478O4TW6XA] (TO)
TO Ratings:

★★★★★ 3.19 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.88 Generosity
★★★★ 4.32 Fairness
★★★★ 4.65 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 118 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: FOR WOMEN IN FULLTIME EMPLOYMENT: A study about social networks
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Location is one of: CA, US;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95

Turkster

Reaction score

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Thank you for this..it was quite wonderful to read. I am so sorry for your loss. Memories and moments like that are what keep the spirit of our loved ones alive, if only in our hearts. May you have peace this season, and always. :blueheart:

-A fellow Memorykeeper who always has incredibly mixed highs and lows this time of year. My daughter would have been 15 this year, on the 28th. Not one day goes by that I don't wonder who she would have been. I tend to give myself what I call "sacred moments" when the grief hits me, where I step outside alone, thank her for letting me know her for what time we had, and say a little sort of prayer for strength enough to get through. In a weird way, I try to derive as much joy as I can from Christmas so that it gets me through her birthday without shutting down completely.

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Turkster

Kat8mouse

Kat Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Got all the way to the end of a survey and received a message saying "We think this might have been done too quick, we aren't paying you"

:angry2:
:eek: Never seen that one before -- that sucks!!!

Reactions: Itsmee
Status
Not open for further replies.