Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
There is probably a billion people from India trying to get into this batch right now.
There is a good requester that accidentally left the US qual off one of their batches last month.
It got ate about 6x times faster than usual.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
In defense of throttling, all of the stuff that we do to MTurk to try to get HITs is really not normal. We hammer their servers to catch stuff and I can only imagine how bad that actually is with how many people work on this platform. Does anyone remember when the whole site would break every time a big A9 or Sergey batch would post? I think some sort of load balancing, which is what throttling is, was inevitable. I think the throttling was actually an attempt by Amazon to accommodate us, so that we could still continue to run our pandas and stuff. Many sites will just ban your IP for doing stuff like that (this site does).

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
If the money I didn't make goes on to support weird Bollywood horror flicks then I'm totally happy.
I'm still waiting on, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, The Movie. If your listening out there Hollywood, this is a disappointing missed opportunity.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Identity Bridges | Accept
Requester: Kim [A1ZLXN1EI44U00] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: You will be asked about yourself. You will also be asked to tell me about a time when who you are and how you acted were different.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; Completed my survey already DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US

Status
Not open for further replies.