12/10 - Selection Sunday!

Would you play in in a MTC Fantasy NBA league? (serious votes only) (manual draft) (no auto draft)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
for the most part, it only gets the worker upset
supposedly it MIGHT affect your standing with amazon, but I doubt it
usually it's used when a requester can only accept one task per worker, and doesn't want to create an exclusion qualification (or doesn't want to pay the money to maintain one)

they really should use an exclusion qualification instead, but they either don't know the difference, or like I said, don't want to pay for their own specific exclusions.

the fact that you didn't know about it shows that you probably don't have many anyway
you've got more important things to worry about than one requester, and spending your mental energy on them is a waste of your time

I dont agree with this. In the past Amazon has sent out automated emails when you get a block. The email threatens to suspend your account if you get too many more. I dont have the email but I'm sure its posted here somewhere. Nobody really knows why sometimes when you are blocked you get this email and sometimes not but I got a block recently and did not receive the email. If you search the thread on suspensions they talk about it. Basically too many blocks may or may not get your account suspended. Be careful.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Has been plenty of proof over the years on various forums....
"Hey guys I got suspended..."

Oh that sucks...any blocks recently?

"yeah like 4 in the last month"

well damn son...RIP good game

Last edited:

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I dont agree with this. In the past Amazon has sent out automated emails when you get a block. The email threatens to suspend your account if you get too many more. I dont have the email but I'm sure its posted here somewhere. Nobody really knows why sometimes when you are blocked you get this email and sometimes not but I got a block recently and did not receive the email. If you search the thread on suspensions they talk about it. Basically too many blocks may or may not get your account suspended. Be careful.
Wisdom.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I've gotten those emails, and was just searching for one, but I cannot remember any search terms to find it - 'block' and 'blocked' aren't giving any results (assuming I saved them, which I surely did)

Freda Brown

Reaction score
for the most part, it only gets the worker upset
supposedly it MIGHT affect your standing with amazon, but I doubt it
usually it's used when a requester can only accept one task per worker, and doesn't want to create an exclusion qualification (or doesn't want to pay the money to maintain one)

they really should use an exclusion qualification instead, but they either don't know the difference, or like I said, don't want to pay for their own specific exclusions.

the fact that you didn't know about it shows that you probably don't have many anyway
you've got more important things to worry about than one requester, and spending your mental energy on them is a waste of your time
Thanks...that's encouraging.

Reactions: <Gucci>
D

Deleted member 526

I got this notice when I tried to accept a HIT

The Requester (Coauthor) has chosen to prevent you from working on any of this Requester's HITs.

There are a variety of reasons for Requesters to prevent particular Workers from completing their HITs.

Is this a block? I wrote to the requester yesterday and don't have a response yet. They have a great TO.

What are the consequences of having this?
PLEASE leave TO for that requester. we cannot have requesters blocking all wily nily.

Freda Brown

Reaction score
My understanding is that it's probably bad to get a lot in a short amount of time as far as overall account standing is concerned, but other than that I'm not sure. Leave a TO review so people know it's happening though.
Yes I did leave one. Yesterday someone posted a TO saying almost the same thing. Before that it was all green and they looked very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.