Requester: sonya mishra [A1VG9A0QV5SNGH] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.06] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.57] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:35:00
Available: 0
Description: Participants will be asked their impressions of images
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

taylor97

Reaction score
Hi! I've been using Mturk for about a week now and I just reached 100 accepted HITs. I've installed turkopticon, HIT Forker, and Turkmaster. HIT Forker seems to be the most useful for me, but today and yesterday I found myself clicking on HITs in HIT Forker only for the message "This HIT is no longer available" to pop up on my screen. I kinda thought once I reached 100 accepted that maybe some slightly better HITs would be available to me but I keep having this problem today and part of yesterday. Are there any tips you guys can give or tell me if I'm doing anything wrong? I'm also really bad at learning how to use scripts once they're installed so I'm only using the three I mentioned because I found a thread that explained how to use them.....any advice is appreciated!! I'm so glad to be a part of this community now :happy:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hi! I've been using Mturk for about a week now and I just reached 100 accepted HITs. I've installed turkopticon, HIT Forker, and Turkmaster. HIT Forker seems to be the most useful for me, but today and yesterday I found myself clicking on HITs in HIT Forker only for the message "This HIT is no longer available" to pop up on my screen. I kinda thought once I reached 100 accepted that maybe some slightly better HITs would be available to me but I keep having this problem today and part of yesterday. Are there any tips you guys can give or tell me if I'm doing anything wrong? I'm also really bad at learning how to use scripts once they're installed so I'm only using the three I mentioned because I found a thread that explained how to use them.....and advice is appreciated!! I'm so glad to be a part of this community now :happy:
That message is just people catching the HITs before you can click.
People are poor and hungry and willing to destroy everything you hold dear in exchange for 50 cents.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: [To be filled out on a desktop or laptop] Consumer survey. (~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Sienna Vasquez [A3PZOHOTANLBYJ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.35] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.25] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 30:00
Available: 5
Description: Study about technology. This is a study about language and opinions. Only people who fill in the survey on desktop or laptop are eligible to participate in this survey. The study will take 5 to 6 minutes to complete. You will be paid $ .60 for completing the study. Upon completing the survey, you will receive a code.

Reactions: Stargate82

chrisd6

Reaction score
Hi! I've been using Mturk for about a week now and I just reached 100 accepted HITs. I've installed turkopticon, HIT Forker, and Turkmaster. HIT Forker seems to be the most useful for me, but today and yesterday I found myself clicking on HITs in HIT Forker only for the message "This HIT is no longer available" to pop up on my screen. I kinda thought once I reached 100 accepted that maybe some slightly better HITs would be available to me but I keep having this problem today and part of yesterday. Are there any tips you guys can give or tell me if I'm doing anything wrong? I'm also really bad at learning how to use scripts once they're installed so I'm only using the three I mentioned because I found a thread that explained how to use them.....any advice is appreciated!! I'm so glad to be a part of this community now :happy:
When that happens, put those HITs that are no longer available into your HIT Catcher, sometimes, but not always, you'll wind up catching them as someone returns it, their time expires, or the requester added more

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
:wave2: Hello and welcome! I'd check out this great resource https://www.mturkguide.com/index.html written by TSolo315 @TSolo315. Has all the info you need to get started with the latest scripts. As for the amount of HITs you will see a little more at 1000 and more at 5000. You just want to keep your rejections low. Always stay above 99% and you will be fine.

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
Today I learned that dealing with someone else's insurance company is a nightmare and they will do whatever they can to screw you over even if the accident was in no way your fault. I love being an adult.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
You should consider getting the Turkerview script as well, it has more users and I find the information there more reliable than turkopticon, especially for figuring out what HITs are worth doing time-wise.

If you're getting that message often, you should look into pandaing if you haven't yet

Markb

Reaction score
Title: Rank some images (2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: nssr perception [A3OS03TOPZ2JLO] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: In this HIT you will rank three images based on how they look.
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: XWarrior

Finn Mertens

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Reaction score
It might just be because you're still new. For the first 10 days, you're limited to 100 HITs (accepted, whether you return them or submit them) per day.

PandaThief

Reaction score
it's a dog eat dog world out here in the Mturk universe, gonna need to click faster, Get gigabit internet or just Panda the ones that you really want to catch. If you want to do well you will have to learn some kind of basic scripting to write your own. I have a few that i use , nothing fancy that i wrote myself. Good luck out there, wear your safety hat while roaming around.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Getting your opinions on difficult workplace situations | Accept
Requester: Sanjay Goel [ABV5QGBWK548H] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.51] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.57] [Fast=2.80] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=2.60] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:30:00
Description: Give us your opinion about some difficult workplace situations

Markb

Reaction score
Title: Survey on Decision Making (~ 7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Yang Yang [A1DGSB2GKASN7Q] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.26] [Pay=Good] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.20] [Fast=4.41] [Comm=3.75] [Fair=4.45] [Reviews=117] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 5
Description: Short Survey on Consumer Decisions
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US

Finn Mertens

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Reaction score
Title: An academic study(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Aylin Cakanlar [AIV3GUVR66SYY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.26] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.80] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=3.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.65
Available: 22
Description: This questionnaire consists of two parts. In the first part, we will ask you some questions about your attitude and belief. In the second part, there is an evaluation task.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-1055831625-186801] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location In US

First page was scary, but the rest went along nicely. Took me 4 mins

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: An academic study(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Aylin Cakanlar [AIV3GUVR66SYY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.80] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.65
Description: This questionnaire consists of two parts. In the first part, we will ask you some questions about your attitude and belief. In the second part, there is an evaluation task.

Reactions: Finn Mertens

red_rapha

Reaction score
You should consider getting the Turkerview script as well, it has more users and I find the information there more reliable than turkopticon, especially for figuring out what HITs are worth doing time-wise.

If you're getting that message often, you should look into pandaing if you haven't yet
Yeah if you're not using a HIT Catcher/PANDAs yet, you gotta. Catching stuff by hand is super inconsistent.

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
I think everyone else summed it up pretty well, but just wanted to repeat using PANDA's. I don't get a HIT like 90% of the time when I just click on it, so I usually just copy the accept link into Panda Crazy which will usually catch the hit for me within 30 mins or so, and I get probably 30-40% of the HITs that I PANDA (not amazing but a lot better than trying to click on them). Sometimes higher paying HITs have an hour or more before they expire from peoples' queues, so it's usually worth it to keep a PANDA running for a little longer for those. I had one running for 2 hours 15 mins the other day for a $9 survey, and when I got it, sure enough it had a 2 hour 15 min queue timer, so it expired in someone's queue and then my PANDA picked it up for me.

I usually like to put 4-5 hits with high hourly numbers when I'm doing stuff around the house or walking the dog or something. By the time I get back to my computer 15-20 mins later, I usually have at least 1-2 things to do, and then I put some more stuff in my PANDAs while I'm working on those. That workflow seems to maximize my productivity for the most part so I don't have a lot of downtime.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short survey(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.89] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.25] [Fast=4.15] [Comm=3.43] [Fair=4.36] [Reviews=647] [ToS=8]
Reward: 1.20
Available: 0
Description: Take a short survey

taylor97

Reaction score

[/QUOTE

Installed Turkerview and it's awesome!! Can you tell me how to Panda?? I've heard of the script but I have no idea how to use it or how it works

Reactions: ducky

red_rapha

Reaction score
Title: Employee Personality and Workplace Behaviours(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Liang Lab [A1HKNO81A4ZW1Q] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.96] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 1:29:00
Available: 110
Description: Psychology study. $3.00 USD – Roughly 20 minutes.
Qualifications: Location In CA, MX, US; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95

Status
Not open for further replies.