The great grilled cheese and tomato soup debate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude. My mother in law just put up a bunch of pictures of me and my kids on her 5000 friend facebook page without asking me or warning me or anything. I'm 5 weeks postpartum, have been in my house for weeks without leaving and look really terrible in the pic. Also, I don't know ANY of her friends. There's over 100 likes and hearts on these pictures and I think I know like 5 of the people and those are my husband's cousins. She's a tupperware salesperson, so I'm assuming a lot of the people on her FB aren't actually her real friends, but rather business contacts and I don't think they need or should have pictures of my little girls. Am I over-reacting here? We aren't close, and I'm feeling like this was very passive-aggressive behavior. The picture she put up of me was seriously vile and my new baby wasn't even in that one. My husband emailed her and told her to not put pictures of me or our kids on her public fb page, but I'm so upset right now. I'm literally red with embarrassment about the picture of me and very uncomfortable about all those strangers having our pictures. I'm sorry, I just needed to vent.
i'm be super pissed too.
this is why i dont let people take pictures of me.
or go anywhere :p

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Evaluate Research Materials(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Jessica Good [A2WX73KIKJDV0F] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.72] [Fast: 4.71] [Comm: 4.00] [Fair: 4.76] [Reviews: 30] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 60 minutes
Available: 1
Description: A five minute study evaluating future research materials.
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 96; Exc: [68004-67565] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.8

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Dude. My mother in law just put up a bunch of pictures of me and my kids on her 5000 friend facebook page without asking me or warning me or anything. I'm 5 weeks postpartum, have been in my house for weeks without leaving and look really terrible in the pic. Also, I don't know ANY of her friends. There's over 100 likes and hearts on these pictures and I think I know like 5 of the people and those are my husband's cousins. She's a tupperware salesperson, so I'm assuming a lot of the people on her FB aren't actually her real friends, but rather business contacts and I don't think they need or should have pictures of my little girls. Am I over-reacting here? We aren't close, and I'm feeling like this was very passive-aggressive behavior. The picture she put up of me was seriously vile and my new baby wasn't even in that one. My husband emailed her and told her to not put pictures of me or our kids on her public fb page, but I'm so upset right now. I'm literally red with embarrassment about the picture of me and very uncomfortable about all those strangers having our pictures. I'm sorry, I just needed to vent.
https://www.reddit.com/r/JUSTNOMIL/

A6_Foul_Out

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Danielle

Aca-scuse me?
Reaction score
You have every right to be upset! Hormones are no joke, so I don't blame you at all! I'd be pissed if my MIL did that to me, whether or not I just had a baby.

Reactions: scout and Stacy B

Binxybaby

Reaction score
Title: 5 min survey about personal attitudes | PANDA
Requester: Yunhui Huang [A2ESGXWA4IHJI1] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.86] [Fast: 4.25] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 4.93] [Reviews: 41] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.30
Description: Not Available
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US
2 mins

Reactions: Evergreen Queen

chickenboneneck

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Sort sentences by topic (yes/no) | PANDA
Requester: uriel poran [AMBVC9NM2Z89P] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: [Rate: $3.00/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.05
Available: 93
Description: In this Hit you will be given sentences and you will need to determinate if it relate to the action asked below
Requirements: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;
These are absolutely hilarious.

A6_Foul_Out

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: A few survey questions about a short passage | PANDA
Requester: IMC Lab [A1T434NH13YMQU] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.27] [Fast: 4.70] [Comm: 4.83] [Fair: 4.82] [Reviews: 41] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $8.31/hr] [Pen: 0.86 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 86% of 7] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.25
Duration: 2 hours
Description: Read a short passage and answer questions about it.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 85; Location is US;

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
You could always report the post,don't know if that will get it taken down or not as I have never used the option before.

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
I LOVE THAT SUB. I read it almost every day! I'd post there but she hasn't burned my house down yet or started crying about grandparent's rights. Thanks to that sub however, I do know how to report to FB about pictures being posted without permission, so I can do that if she won't take them down.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Not overreacting at all- my sister put up a picture of my kids as part of her "30 days of thankfulness" bs, and it took a LOT for me to calm down enough to nicely say "Hey, I don't post pictures of my children publicly, (which she knows...and knows I don't want pictures of them where her spouse can see them...), or where a lot of strangers can see them, could you please take this down?" Without calling her a dumb bitch, and I know that your MIL isn't as bad as that, and just wasn't thinking, but privacy is SUPER important, so any reaction isn't overreacting :)

Last edited:

Binxybaby

Reaction score
I think your response is justified. Being a new mom too I am very picky about what pictures I share or I let other people share. That is a lot of people to see you in such a raw state.

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not overreacting at all- my sister put up a picture of my kids as part of her "30 days of thankfulness" bs, and it took a LOT for me to calm down enough to nicely say "Hey, I don't post pictures of my children publicly, (which she knows...and knows I don't want pictures of them where her spouse can see them...), or where a lot of strangers can see them, could you please take this down?" Without calling her a dumb bitch, and I know that your MIL isn't as bad as that, and just wasn't thinking, but privacy is SUPER important, so any reaction isn't overreacting :)
That's pretty similar to my situation, she knows damn well I don't want my SIL or BIL seeing pictures of my kids. Without going into detail, they are very bad people that I have no contact with and they don't need to have pictures of my kids or me. The MIL also always puts up pictures of my 35 year old husband calling him her baby and it's so annoying.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.