Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I got ya Jaded @Jaded

Title: Some questions about news articles(~ 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Roland Schroll [AIM7E3PEOR5TS] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.79] [Fair: 4.00] [Comm: 2.00] [Fast: 3.96]
Description:
Read a news article and evaluate it using some questions
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [1678417239-28484] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US;
Title: Short Survey on Two New Services | PANDA
Requester: Selen [AUQWR6ETJFMF3] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 2.33] [Comm: 1.00] [Fast: 2.33]
Description:
Please do not take this survey if you took a survey with the same title.
Time: 50 minutes
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Location is US;

Reactions: Jaded and Vanyanka

FeedMeHits

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No, people shouldn't jump all over your shit for no reason. However, 99% of companies don't allow you to drink on the job - and I think that's all anyone was trying to point out to you.This is a real job for people and they don't want requesters thinking that tons of people *do* behave that way.
If people choose to be drunk while doing work, it's there choice. It's up to the requester every single time you do a hit to accept your work as honest. Being drunk has no bearing on whether or not you do work properly.

You cannot compare real life work to internet work, we're basically freelance workers and have no real-life contact with our "bosses". This means we can scream for 6 hours non-stop in our house, and still get work done. My analogy means we can do countless things "real life" jobs can't do. Like sitting in our chair naked, or any other scenario I can think of.

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
People take it seriously because a lot of people depend on this for their daily livelyhood. Its against mturks TOS to be high or drunk while working on any hits. If requesters get bad data, they will stop using the website. If requesters stop using the website, people here will lose money directly affecting their livelyhood and home life. Show some respect. Get off this forum if you dont like us.
just to be fair, I don't actaully think that's anywhere in the mturk TOS

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
If people choose to be drunk while doing work, it's there choice. It's up to the requester every single time you do a hit to accept your work as honest. Being drunk has no bearing on whether or not you do work properly.

You cannot compare real life work to internet work, we're basically freelance workers and have no real-life contact with our "bosses". This means we can scream for 6 hours non-stop in our house, and still get work done. My analogy means we can do countless things "real life" jobs can't do. Like sitting in our chair naked, or any other scenario I can think of.
Regardless of your opinion on it, the forum guidelines don't permit turking while drinking. Bottom line.

Kallee

Contributor
Reaction score

Disagree 100%. This is very much real work, and it should be taken seriously.

FeedMeHits

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Regardless of your opinion on it, the forum guidelines don't permit turking while drinking. Bottom line.
And my main point is, I'm not drunk nor am I working. Yet I was scolded and insulted like I was while a bunch of "adults" made a joke about it.

So this entire post was made off "I have alcohol, and I don't want to work now."

And yet I'm the instigator. [mod edit]

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Categorization Experiment(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Cocosci Lab at UC Berkeley [AHG3DFQ65ESGY] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.19] [Fair: 4.87] [Comm: 4.50] [Fast: 4.86]
Description:
A 10-minutes categorization experiment that pays $1.00
Time: 20 minutes
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 500; Exc: [-1149253961-28700] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98; Location is one of: US;

Reactions: Yatagarasu

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
And my main point is, I'm not drunk nor am I working. Yet I was scolded and insulted like I was while a bunch of "adults" made a joke about it.

So this entire post was made off "I have alcohol, and I don't want to work now."

And yet I'm the instigator. [mod edit]

Reactions: turkleton and YAHU

FeedMeHits

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Disagree 100%. This is very much real work, and it should be taken seriously.
Where in my post did I state Mturk is not real work, it's not a real job.

Big difference.

If not, where are our benefits? And where is our contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.