12/15 - Throwback Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Most jobs also don't offer the freedom that mturk does and I do pretty well :LOL:

Should be in your browser history. Or if anyone is using MTS and looked at a Yeti today the hitsave will be in the detailed breakdown. I just want to check because from the looks of it, this script would this script would have worked for them https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/24650-mturk-radio-keybinds
I did try your keybind, and if you pressed 5=3, 4=2, 3=1, 2=0, 1=bad image

Reactions: Squatty

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Take a 6-8 minute survey on experiences | PANDA
Requester: Jacqueline Rifkin [A1JCSKVMCW63DY] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 3.96][Fair: 4.75][Comm: 4.00][Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Take a 6-8 minute survey on experiences
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 52
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 500, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95, Location is US

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
I would have agreed with you 7 years ago when I graduated college, but after working for slightly above minimum wage and having managers above me that barely know english, I have to respectfully disagree.

I've seen so many people get promoted ahead of me simply because they have a better relationship with the boss. I've seen people succeed in careers I've been struggling in for years simply because they are in contact with people in the industry.

I mean even on MTURK. Who makes more money... they people on the forums that know each other and communicate, or the people that have NEVER talked with ANYONE and just use mturk with no scripts and have no idea what t.o. or pandas are.
Well first of all, what is your degree in? If you have a college degree and are working for barely minimum wage for people that barely speak English, I'm assuming you chose a degree with a low job expectancy rate.

Secondly, I wasn't saying that having a relationship with your boss is a bad thing. I'm saying that hardly anyone with 0 experience and qualifications will get promoted over a person with several years of experience+a degree.

Plus having a relationship with your boss is a good thing. (Granted they aren't an a-hole). You don't have to be a suck up, but proving that you're serious about your job and wanting to create with relationships with people in a company shows dedication. Employers see this and believe you will stick around a company longer and be able to speak with other people easily on a daily basis.

Why would someone give a promotion to the person who comes into work for years and doesn't care, over the person who works hard and wants to build relationships to help build a company?

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yes, that would work, only missing -1 for the Bad Images.
It doesn't use values, just the existence of a radio. So the values could be anything and it wouldn't matter.
I did try your keybind, and if you pressed 5=3, 4=2, 3=1, 2=0, 1=bad image
It would be in the order that they are on the page. Left to right, top to bottom.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Also anyone who got my Yeti Script,if you haven't done any of them before, do a few without the script, so you can see the examples. I have my script hiding the examples because I don't need them.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh I definitely agree, but not every community is like the mturk community. We are welcoming as fuck in this forum.

In 2012 I joined a group of children's writers and Illustrators called SCBWI thinking I would make some great artist friends and network. I paid over 300 dollars in fees to join that group... but a young geeky black guy is pretty much the opposite of their demographic.
They completely shunned me and wouldn't let me join any of their workshops because they kept saying they were "filled."
The same exact thing happened to me when I joined Stormfront. I thought it was gonna be a bunch of guys who were way into storms and meteorology.

I was wrong.

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't use values, just the existence of a radio. So the values could be anything and it wouldn't matter.

It would be in the order that they are on the page. Left to right, top to bottom.
ah, that makes sense :)

Reactions: Squatty

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
The same exact thing happened to me when I joined Stormfront. I thought it was gonna be a bunch of guys who were way into storms and meteorology.

I was wrong.
The thing I like most about you is the fact that you remind me of me.

Reactions: Pleco

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I was wrong.
They've all moved to reddit now, you should be able to get that tornado conversation up and going.

Reactions: Pleco

TobyF

Dummy
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Well first of all, what is your degree in? If you have a college degree and are working for barely minimum wage for people that barely speak English, I'm assuming you chose a degree with a low job expectancy rate.

Secondly, I wasn't saying that having a relationship with your boss is a bad thing. I'm saying that hardly anyone with 0 experience and qualifications will get promoted over a person with several years of experience+a degree.

Plus having a relationship with your boss is a good thing. (Granted they aren't an a-hole). You don't have to be a suck up, but proving that you're serious about your job and wanting to create with relationships with people in a company shows dedication. Employers see this and believe you will stick around a company longer and be able to speak with other people easily on a daily basis.

Why would someone give a promotion to the person who comes into work for years and doesn't care, over the person who works hard and wants to build relationships to help build a company?
you're giving way to much credit to human beings in general. It does happen. alot. but not everywhere.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your lifetime experiences, emotions, and identity | PANDA
Requester: Erin Ward-Ciesielski [A20V1J00J2FIKF] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 6 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer questionnaires about you, your mental health, and a variety of experiences you may have had
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: None

Probably writing

Reactions: Jerami

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
Most jobs also don't offer the freedom that mturk does and I do pretty well :LOL:
When I tell people about Mturk and we get to why and/or what kind of people do it. I say they cover the gambit from stay at homes moms to working professionals with periods of free time or college students etc. I say that there is this one guy who writes scripts at the drop of a hat and is as smart as a whip (whatever that means). he could probably make a killing in a professional environment, but his soul would probably be crushed so he works for less than that killing professional salary but he is a happier person for it.

(I just assumed all that, but its a good example)

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Batch. Only do 10

Title: Contribute to Computational Linguistic Research! Identify redundant words in English sentences | PANDA
Requester: Andrew T. Lucas [A3QFI5Q0YIPV17] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
You will be asked to read several sentences that contain potentially redundant word pairs; you need to decide whether one or both of the words should be deleted and indicate your level of confidence in your judgment.
Time: 10 minutes
HITs Available: 4
Reward: $0.27
Qualifications: Reached Hit Max has not been granted; Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98; Location is US;

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your lifetime experiences, emotions, and identity | PANDA
Requester: Erin Ward-Ciesielski [A20V1J00J2FIKF] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 6 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer questionnaires about you, your mental health, and a variety of experiences you may have had
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: None

Probably writing
Lol. We're besmirching HITs because the title is too verbose and MAY or may not have writing. You crack me up.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.