Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
We just got one too tonight! Since it's so close to Christmas we didn't want to drag the huge one out so we got a lil 5 footer. They are so cute!
They're fun and adorable. No stress about it falling over and lugging it up a couple flights of stairs.

Reactions: SweetiePuff

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
I have several people on facebook arguing with me about the answer to 6+2(1+2). They won't let go of the idea that it is 9 even though I have shown them websites that show the order of operations that gives the answer as 1. I haven't been in college in over 25 years but I haven't forgotten that yet.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have several people on facebook arguing with me about the answer to 6+2(1+2). They won't let go of the idea that it is 9 even though I have shown them websites that show the order of operations that gives the answer as 1. I haven't been in college in over 25 years but I haven't forgotten that yet.
Wouldn't the answer be 12?

Timinator

Reaction score
At the suggestion of a user on TH, the person icon is a contact link, the new window icon is the hitsave.

This version isn't pushed to github yet.

Aww ok, sorry I just came back from the store, but yes a good idea. I have another question which is faster...a script or an extension? Or is an extension where you can make it do multiple things? Sorry for questions but I haven't done anything since Visual Basic 5.0 and I was curious how hard/easy is it to get into. Only reason I ask is because I want to possibly try and make something that incorporates all the scripts instead of having multiple scripts running and make 1 full on extension so it's like what I want. Like your extension allowed me to stop using like at least 4-5 different scripts and it's very user friendly also.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Aww ok, sorry I just came back from the store, but yes a good idea. I have another question which is faster...a script or an extension? Or is an extension where you can make it do multiple things? Sorry for questions but I haven't done anything since Visual Basic 5.0 and I was curious how hard/easy is it to get into. Only reason I ask is because I want to possibly try and make something that incorporates all the scripts instead of having multiple scripts running and make 1 full on extension so it's like what I want. Like your extension allowed me to stop using like at least 4-5 different scripts and it's very user friendly also.
The scripts are easier to manage that's for sure. Getting into an extension was easy for me since I'm well versed in javascript, not sure how easy it would be for other people. Both would generally have the same speed, the main difference is an extension can have a background page running so it can just send data straight to a tab, instead of it having to be loaded like a script would.

Reactions: Timinator

pookie

Contributor
Reaction score
How is anyone getting 9 or 1 out of 6+2(1+2). I'm really not great at math, but I am getting 12?

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Mail icons cause it makes more sense.

Reactions: Timinator

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
How is anyone getting 9 or 1 out of 6+2(1+2). I'm really not great at math, but I am getting 12?
thats a division symbol not an addition between 6 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.