12/16 - Freaky Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimmeyfish

Reaction score
Title: Product to Interest Audit (single yes/no per HIT) | PANDA
Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - Customer Interests [A225CX8SZ86ADP] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 3.37][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 4.60]
Description:
Confirm labeling of products with interest (e.g. 'underwater photography', 'game of thrones' etc). Single yes/no per HIT, average estimated time < 5 seconds.
Time: 5 minutes
Hits Available: 96
Reward: $0.01
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000, Location is one of: CA, US, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98
Can't find a script :/

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes
x=3;

2x+3x = 15
2*3 + 3*3 = 15
6 + 9 = 15
15 = 15

x(2+3) = 15
3 * (2+3) = 15
3 * (5) = 15
15 = 15

And we aren't shooting for the moon anymore, the new target is Mars.

Right, its implied multiplication. This article does the best job of explaining all this, but here is the key point for me ...

If it “feels” natural to you that implied multiplication takes precedence over division (whether because it’s next to a parentheses or not), then you would get 6 ÷ 2(1+2) = 6 ÷ (2(3)) = 6 ÷ 6 = 1. That answer would be incorrect on most U.S. standardized tests, but you wouldn’t necessarily be wrong. (Insert rant against standardized tests here.) You would just be in the minority about which convention you’re using.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2013/03/facebook_math_problem_why_pemdas_doesn_t_always_give_a_clear_answer.html

I am a minority

clickhappier

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Subforum Curator
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You may only complete ONE HIT. Please do not queue hits or you will slow down study completion and delay payment. SRSLY? My queue is none of your business.
They were trying to say "If you accept more than 1 of the HITs in this group, we're just going to make you return the extras, so don't bother."

Reactions: Starslip

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
They were trying to say "If you accept more than 1 of the HITs in this group, we're just going to make you return the extras, so don't bother."
And that you holding onto them when you can't do them prevents other people from being able to do them.

Reactions: clickhappier

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm gonna agree with 9. Although I find it kind of ridiculous that you can get two different "valid" answers because the order of operations is done differently now than it used to be.

Reactions: hyway

Timinator

Reaction score
Looking like this will be the final version. (Besides maybe adding a search tab)
Definitely plus plus. Do you think it may be relevant to add time it took to take? Like say it took you 3 mins 2 sec, maybe it could save and add to it? Don't know if that's a dumb idea or not.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Definitely plus plus. Do you think it may be relevant to add time it took to take? Like say it took you 3 mins 2 sec, maybe it could save and add to it? Don't know if that's a dumb idea or not.
The issue is that its hard to track that and its easily messed up. First you have surveys. You can't use how long the HIT tab is focused for these because you are working in another tab. Then you have batches, where the time to complete the HIT is generally how long that window was focused for. Its a mess and while it can be somewhat completed it isn't all that accurate. You could make it so the timer keep running for the HIT unless another HIT was viewed, but then you could open a bunch of surveys from your queue at once, look at a few and mess the tracking up there.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
edit: nope I'm wrong ignore my pemdas :whistle:

Reactions: kryss

Timinator

Reaction score
The issue is that its hard to track that and its easily messed up. First you have surveys. You can't use how long the HIT tab is focused for these because you are working in another tab. Then you have batches, where the time to complete the HIT is generally how long that window was focused for. Its a mess and while it can be somewhat completed it isn't all that accurate. You could make it so the timer keep running for the HIT unless another HIT was viewed, but then you could open a bunch of surveys from your queue at once, look at a few and mess the tracking up there.
Ok that makes sense

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
*note to self* Check timer on Wills before walking away and assuming it was a 10hr timer.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I think TurkAssist had a feature like that. It was always wrong for all of those reasons.:)

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
May I please have script
I'm sorry my son came over right after I posted this, and I didn't see this. it's an ahk script, all it really does is lets you use the arrow keys with out the ctrl button with it and hit hit alt for...something that makes it quicker, to go to the next one? Do you still want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.