12/18 - Singing Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
omg that has me stressing I did hundred at least... if it was not related did you leave it in order?
I am having a brain fart as to the content of the hit at this point probably because I'm so upset.

Reactions: turktime4:20

Definitely Not Riss

Probably not Breakfast Wino
Contributor
Reaction score
It's easy to make pretend you're professional. Elmo taught me what professional was when I was 6. :)
Common courtesy, just like we want to be treated as people we should treat them as people too. It's easy to forget when erryone is behind computers faceless.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
I sent them a followup email apologizing for being rude, all of y'all made good points, I'm pissed but they probably thought it was a normal thing to do. And at the end of the day, 10 rejections is only gonna dip my rating a tiny tiny amount.
I was pleasant when I contacted him even offering to redo the hits for free but also letting him know I was totally confused about what I could have done wrong and could he please advise me what I did wrong.

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
I was pleasant when I contacted him even offering to redo the hits for free but also letting him know I was totally confused about what I could have done wrong and could he please advise me what I did wrong.
He responded to my first email, so we'll see. I offered to re-do as well

Reactions: Cmoney

turktime4:20

Reaction score
Off to eat then 2-3 hours sleep hope to wake up to good stuff and not miss much.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score

Tubbie

Reaction score
Title: Game of Life! (~13 minutes, $1.00 + entry for bonus lottery ticket worth between $0-$5) | PANDA
Requester: The Slab [A2SYNQJ1LYXLZY] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.80 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.93 Generosity
★★★★ 4.75 Fairness
★★★★ 4.69 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 76 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: Do a task for a possible bonus, then watch a video and answer some demographic questions
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 80
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: GOL has not been granted;GOL_sc has not been granted;Location is US

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
He responded to my first email, so we'll see. I offered to re-do as well
When did you email him? I'm just wondering how long it will take to hear back. What did he say in his response? I'm just wondering how long it will take for me to hear back.

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I've been gone for a week, what did I miss?
Big money from Zoltar's Used Cars and others, mixed with a slowish week elsewhere. Some accounts of rejections from CMU and Tobias today. So basically, the usual circus that is mturk. :p

Welcome back!

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
When did you email him? I'm just wondering how long it will take to hear back. What did he say in his response? I'm just wondering how long it will take for me to hear back.
The first one was just basically, "Are you f----- kidding me. I've done hundreds of your hits, now you reject 10 in a row, come on man!"

Then I felt bad like 20 minutes later, this thread pulled at my heart strings, so I sent him a nice one apologizing and asking the reason, if I could make it up, and just an apology. As soon as I hit send, I had the response from the mad one, lol. So I responded nicely, again asking what I could do.

So 20 minutes, but he's pulled all hits, so either he's working on fixing what happened, or he got a bunch of crappy messages and is annoyed. Sadly, he responded REALLY nicely to me, which made me feel worse

Last edited:

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The first one was just basically, "Are you f----- kidding me. I've done hundreds of your hits, now you reject 10 in a row, come on man!"
Then, I felt bad like 20 minutes later, this thread pulled at my heart strings, so I sent him a nice one apologizing, and asking the reason, if I could make it up, and just an apology. As soon as I hit send, I had the response from the mad one, lol. So I responded nicely, again asking what I could do.

So 20 minutes, but he's pulled all hits, so either he's working on fixing what happened, or he got a bunch of crappy messages and is annoyed. Sadly, he responded REALLY nicely to me, which made me feel worse
Did they state anything about what might be going on, or are you comfortable with sharing the content of his reply (with PII edited, of course)?

Edit: I ask out of curiosity, and the fact that knowing a little something is better than knowing nothing while they sort through the many messages they've likely received to get to mine.

Last edited:

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, Tyler,

I apologize. It does look like the instructions are in fact broken. We had just made changes to the task to fix other issues, and it looks like we broke the instructions. We’ll reverse your rejections.

Next time, please give us a chance to help you before firing off like this. The problems that other workers have had and reported are not the same one that you have had, including problems with the instructions. Two people who complained before you on TurkOpticon were missing intermediate SSL certificates in their browsers, which is why the instructions did not load for them.

Best, Travis

Ok, the world is all good again, and I am a bad person. Travis is a good guy, I feel like an ass.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, Tyler,

I apologize. It does look like the instructions are in fact broken. We had just made changes to the task to fix other issues, and it looks like we broke the instructions. We’ll reverse your rejections.

Next time, please give us a chance to help you before firing off like this. The problems that other workers have had and reported are not the same one that you have had, including problems with the instructions. Two people who complained before you on TurkOpticon were missing intermediate SSL certificates in their browsers, which is why the instructions did not load for them.

Best, Travis

Ok, the world is all good again, and I am a bad person. Travis is a good guy, I feel like an ass.
Is this for the CMUs or Tobias?

Status
Not open for further replies.