Status
Not open for further replies.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I freaking hate when surveys ask you extremely specific questions about what you read, like about how many millions or exact percentage of people are affected by something. I read the entire thing and was paying attention, but I don't memorize exact numbers. That's not an efficient way to make sure people are paying attention. That's just a way for me to return the HIT. It's like high schoolers getting a lecture on a topic and then immediately have a quiz on it without getting to study. You don't just memorize that stuff instantly unless you have a photographic memory.
I think more often than not that those questions are part of the study, not necessarily an attention check. So like, they want to know if you completely forgot already or not. But, of course, sometimes they are ACs so... um, yeah... surveys suck.

Reactions: Jaded

Serial Mom

I’m smiling…that alone should scare you.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, this $6 Jacquelyn Zehner hit is, .....um, I can't tell if it's "batch work" or an experiment, so I don't want to say too much. It's going to take a while to complete though.

Reactions: chellelee

Subhazard

Reaction score
Hmm. I think Zoltar's broke.

"An error occurred. Please refresh the current page in your browser."

Reactions: jan
Reaction score
what do you guys do when your Z website looks like it was made in the USSR in 1989 and has no information

sometimes i try but mostly i put that it didn't load

I dig out my old Myspace Profile Pic and upload that along with a bunch of Everclear lyrics and a reminder to everyone that WinAmp really "whips the Llama's buttocks."

Reactions: corvid

Lauren

Reaction score
I think more often than not that those questions are part of the study, not necessarily an attention check. So like, they want to know if you completely forgot already or not. But, of course, sometimes they are ACs so... um, yeah... surveys suck.
Yeah, I don't want to take the risk that it's an attention check. Also, I read somewhere that humans aren't very good with large numbers anyway. That's why those commercials getting you to donate to third world countries or to children's hospitals don't just say "millions of people are dying!", but they also show you one specific kid as an example. Because millions is just too big of a number to really understand, but if you show someone specific, they're going to remember that specific example. So basically even though I'm reading these surveys, my brain cancels out the "50 million" "2 million" "82%", etc and just replaces it with "big number". So I can't recall the exact number when being quizzed on it, I just know it wasn't like 10 people lol. but 2 million and 50 million are basically the same number to me.

Twisted65

Reaction score
I am glad my new mouse is arriving tomorrow I can't handle this broken mouse having to click 3-5 times for it to register a click.

Subhazard

Reaction score
Is

"An error occurred. Please refresh the current page in your browser."

A common glitch with Zoltar, that has a solution? Or is this on Zoltar's end.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.