12/29 - Forget 2017 Friday!

Was 2017 a good year for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR

Reaction score
What's the task for those? I thought it was tagging pictures.
1. You will be shown a title of a product and (in most cases) an image of the product.

2. You will also be shown three different suggested Product Type categorizations.

Your task is to tell us which Product Type is the most accurate for the product you are shown.

Guidelines
  • Each suggested Product Type is preceded by the Segment it falls under. For example, Product type "Televisions" falls under Segment "Electronics" so will be displayed as "Electronics > Televisions".
  • If none of the Product Types are correct, please select "N/A".
  • When the product image is not provided or the product title is unclear, internet research is required to verify the exact nature of the product, which may be different than what you think just basing it off the title.
  • We encourage everyone to spend a sufficient amount of time on each task, carefully reading each item, and if necessary, completing additional research.

It used to be one task for 5 cents, then they added a second task for the same pay. Sometimes or a lot of the time you have to do Google searches for the products because either you don't know what the hell it is or there is no pictures of the product

but some batches like this one tonight is better than most.

LaVette

Reaction score
well that is a bit exaggerated :) but they can be and are mind-numbingly bad and will make you second guess ever wanting this qual, I know because I kept saying " oh I want this qual so bad" for years, then I got it, and now I know what the others that already had it meant by be careful what you wish for.
That makes sense. Either way, good luck! :)

Reactions: GTR

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
The thing with 5s is the same with anything on mturk - it's mostly all boring busy work, sort of like mind-numbing factory assembly line work for your brain, that's not really good to do too much of at once. The difference with 5s is that there's enough of them and they pay well enough that we can do them to the breaking point of insanity, lol.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
The thing with 5s is the same with anything on mturk - it's mostly all boring busy work, sort of like mind-numbing factory assembly line work for your brain, that's not really good to do too much of at once. The difference with 5s is that there's enough of them and they pay well enough that we can do them to the breaking point of insanity, lol.
I am getting close to that point.

Tcs757

Head of the Better Bird Bureau
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone else getting a ton of "not available"s on these 5s? It's getting to the point where I get one that works every 5th or 6th hit.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
1. You will be shown a title of a product and (in most cases) an image of the product.

2. You will also be shown three different suggested Product Type categorizations.

Your task is to tell us which Product Type is the most accurate for the product you are shown.

Guidelines
  • Each suggested Product Type is preceded by the Segment it falls under. For example, Product type "Televisions" falls under Segment "Electronics" so will be displayed as "Electronics > Televisions".
  • If none of the Product Types are correct, please select "N/A".
  • When the product image is not provided or the product title is unclear, internet research is required to verify the exact nature of the product, which may be different than what you think just basing it off the title.
  • We encourage everyone to spend a sufficient amount of time on each task, carefully reading each item, and if necessary, completing additional research.

It used to be one task for 5 cents, then they added a second task for the same pay. Sometimes or a lot of the time you have to do Google searches for the products because either you don't know what the hell it is or there is no pictures of the product

but some batches like this one tonight is better than most.
These used to be one task for the same pay?
I would like them a lot better if that were still the case. My hourly is pretty low on these, but it's money, so....

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
The thing about 5s is, someone broke them and I hate you all.
Some still work.

But they'll stay broke for days I bet while everyone is celebrating the New year.

Reactions: Jaded

Schlep

Reaction score
Title: Wordovators Makeup Payment | Accept
Requester: Wordovators Project [ANOM8CGGTCHS8] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $16.17] [Pay: 4.83] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 4.36] [Comm: 3.80] [Fair: 4.52] [Reviews: 38] [ToS: 2]
TO2: [Hrly: $12.71] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$3.00
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 1
Description: This qualification is specifically for workers who had ran into technical difficulties completing a Wordovators HIT. This qualification will be assigned by the requester to the appropriate workers. Any worker-initiated request for this qualification will be ignored.
Requirements: Wordovators Make Up Payment 8 Exists; HIT submission rate (%) GreaterThan 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.10
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Nuramazing

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: psych surveys + website use questions and demographics(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Occidental College Perception Lab [A337UQSZ05QDW2] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.13 Generosity
★★★★ 4.64 Fairness
★★★★ 4.80 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 17 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: straightforward survey
Time: 1800
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.25
Qualifications: Exc: [68874697-69112] DoesNotExist ;Location In US

Schlep

Reaction score
Title: Wordovators Makeup Payment | Accept
Requester: Wordovators Project [ANOM8CGGTCHS8] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $16.17] [Pay: 4.83] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 4.36] [Comm: 3.80] [Fair: 4.52] [Reviews: 38] [ToS: 2]
TO2: [Hrly: $12.71] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$3.00
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 1
Description: This qualification is specifically for workers who had ran into technical difficulties completing a Wordovators HIT. This qualification will be assigned by the requester to the appropriate workers. Any worker-initiated request for this qualification will be ignored.
Requirements: Wordovators Make Up Payment 8 Exists; HIT submission rate (%) GreaterThan 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.10
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Well, that was a fail. This wasn't supposed to be the make up hit. Anyway, it's back up for those that didn't catch it earlier. It's pretty faithful to the time, 25 or so minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.