2017 MTC Fantasy Football Challenge!

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
also i think we should use ESPN fantasy next year instead of Yahoo. gosh i really hate the user interface and the app is awful.

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
The auto draft really dampened things imo. Plus having 20 teams. There's no one to pick up on the free agent wire now. Plus having an auto draft with this many teams basically land locks you into keeping players even if they're bottom of the barrel (unless you somehow magically worked a trade)

I'm forced to have Robert Turbin as one of my main running backs because of this. He's not even a starter for his own team. I've looked at other team's rosters as well and they have various backups as starters on their team as well because we have to at least play someone in certain positions.

I mean having 20 teams where every person actually paid attention to their teams would be one thing, but I highly doubt all 20 people will. Heck, there's several who didn't even fill out their full roster this past week. And yes I even am about to lose to a team that wasn't even filled out all the way (yes a litle sad)
I would have had more teams if Yahoo allowed it, 20 was the max. There was interest from other people, but they were late to the game and got left out.

20 teams with an auto draft means that we all basically have shit teams that will need to be micromanaged all to fuck to have any chance at success, you're not in this alone.

Auto draft you say? Only way I would NOT do an auto draft with this many teams is if I knew that all 20 would be actively participating in a live draft, other wise we would have a very top heavy league with the people that call it sportsball at the bottom. Sorry, no fun in that either.

Yahoo or ESPN? really, that is a real complaint?

This isn't for money or fame, it's for a stupid banner to make TQueen @TQueen jealous. Make due with the team you have, show us how good you really are. AND BENCH ANDREW LUCK mboone73 @mboone73 you're just proving all my points above.

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
Having done fantasy football leagues since before the Internets, I can tell you it doesn't matter.

Reactions: T. Leela

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I would have had more teams if Yahoo allowed it, 20 was the max. There was interest from other people, but they were late to the game and got left out.

20 teams with an auto draft means that we all basically have shit teams that will need to be micromanaged all to fuck to have any chance at success, you're not in this alone.

Auto draft you say? Only way I would NOT do an auto draft with this many teams is if I knew that all 20 would be actively participating in a live draft, other wise we would have a very top heavy league with the people that call it sportsball at the bottom. Sorry, no fun in that either.

Yahoo or ESPN? really, that is a real complaint?

This isn't for money or fame, it's for a stupid banner to make TQueen @TQueen jealous. Make due with the team you have, show us how good you really are. AND BENCH ANDREW LUCK mboone73 @mboone73 you're just proving all my points above.
we only had 12 or 14 teams last year though. the fact you wanted more than 20 is crazy imo.

And I'll plug the players I have in already, but without being able to add any players off free agency worth a lick and hoping backup scrubs somehow produce... I don't see a lot of joy

Reactions: bxpretzel

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Having done fantasy football leagues since before the Internets, I can tell you it doesn't matter.
if it doesn't matter, why do you run the fantasy league? some people actually enjoy fantasy football and i'd prefer to enjoy this league as well

Reactions: Peachy

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Um, I'm more concerned about Watson getting murder, death, killed behind his weak ass offensive line than I am about fantasy football.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I love fantasy football (obviously). I was just stating a couple of my gripes this morning. I thought last season was a lot of fun. There were just enough teams where you could still pick up some what decent players off free agency and you actually faced everyone in the league at least once.

Made friendly trash talking more fun on the forums. I don't even get to play GoldenTemple @IndigoTemple this season. Unless we meet in the playoffs. I guess that's not a big gripe. I just feel like larger leagues creates a lot more problems. I know it's too late to do anything about it now so I know I'm howling in the wind here. I'll still try my best with what I have. Just stating how I feel

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
we only had 12 or 14 teams last year though. the fact you wanted more than 20 is crazy imo.

And I'll plug the players I have in already, but without being able to add any players off free agency worth a lick and hoping backup scrubs somehow produce... I don't see a lot of joy
I added more because there was interest from more people. Sorry you can't score 100+ points every week.

if it doesn't matter, why do you run the fantasy league? some people actually enjoy fantasy football and i'd prefer to enjoy this league as well
You seem to have a lot of angst about a platform you knew we were playing on when you signed up, so I guess I'll be as smug as you and ask why you joined knowing this ahead of time?

I really appreciate all the passion about this, and wish we had 20 people this serious about a mtruck fantasy football league.

A goddamned MTURK fantasy football league.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You seem to have a lot of angst about a platform you knew we were playing on when you signed up, so I guess I'll be as smug as you and ask why you joined knowing this ahead of time?
because it matters to me otherwise i wouldn't be participating at all, and you basically dismissed my suggestion completely which i felt was rude

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I added more because there was interest from more people. Sorry you can't score 100+ points every week.

I really appreciate all the passion about this, and wish we had 20 people this serious about a mtruck fantasy football league.

A goddamned MTURK fantasy football league.
It's not about scoring 100+ points every week. It's the flexibilty aspect. And you say let the best person win who manages their team right....

there's people with 2nd and 3rd string players starting for their fantasy teams. You could be a fantasy wizard and it wouldn't matter. Kind of like a good head coach coaching a real life team in any sport with not so talented guys.

And yeah it's a mTurk fantasy football league, but there are a few people who actually give a damn about it and I wish you had the same passion as I do for it since you're in charge of it

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
And yeah it's a mTurk fantasy football league, but there are a few people who actually give a damn about it and I wish you had the same passion as I do for it since you're in charge of it
E @Pablo Escobar this is partly why i'm being smug about it - if it doesn't matter to you, why are you managing the league at all? it matters to some of us.

Reactions: Peachy

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
E @Pablo Escobar this is partly why i'm being smug about it - if it doesn't matter to you, why are you managing the league at all? it matters to some of us.
I didn't sleep well last night so I do admit I may be a tad bit argumentative this morning. And it is also just fantasy football. I kind of just felt this way though since the lack of announcing a draft date for the league in the off season.

People literally tagged me at least 5 times asking when the draft date was. And all I could say was "I'm not sure. I don't run the league. Ask Pablo". Then we get hit with an auto draft last min. Now we're land locked with a lot of scrub players

Last edited:

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
It matters to me or else I wouldn't have created the league for a second year. But you take out all of the sportsballers, housewives, and people that draft for cute guys and you're gonna have yourself a healthy 4 man league.

I know the people here and I knew in advance what type of players we would have. Guess what, I'm okay with that.

As for Yahoo, well I guess since I started this and I prefer Yahoo it's kind of a moot point. Next year Peachy can make a league with hardcore players and you can make one for EPSN fans. Problem solved.

Reactions: SweetiePuff

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
It's ok. I picked up Case Keenum the great. Once Sam Bradford breaks both of his ankles, he'll be Tom Brady lite.

Reactions: GoldenTemple

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
E @Pablo Escobar Peachy @Pastor Peachy bxpretzel @bxpretzel

I think the league is going to be fine. Its only week 1. We already have major injuries to star WRs and RBs. Injuries are the ultimate equalizer in this. So many people can theoretically draft an amazing team and have it burn into flames because their two best guys get injured and have to go on IR. Also, there will be plenty of people open on the waiver wire because of those injuries. That 2nd or 3rd down back, instantly becomes the 1st team option and a star running back because the other RB went down. Hes on the waiver wire right now just waiting for his opportunity. I watched redzone yesterday which shows all the games and I saw many key players on a lot of offenses that werent drafted. They dont show up on the waiver wire right now because scores are updated after week 1 is complete but there is a lot of talent on there still. I have 3 pick ups pending from guys that I think will be fantasy sleepers this year. Plenty of talent to still go around even though there are 20 teams.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
It matters to me or else I wouldn't have created the league for a second year. But you take out all of the sportsballers, housewives, and people that draft for cute guys and you're gonna have yourself a healthy 4 man league.

I know the people here and I knew in advance what type of players we would have. Guess what, I'm okay with that.

As for Yahoo, well I guess since I started this and I prefer Yahoo it's kind of a moot point. Next year Peachy can make a league with hardcore players and you can make one for EPSN fans. Problem solved.
When is being a housewife an insult? I used to work, then I had kids and sometimes its easier to stay home with the little people than work outside of the home and give an entire paycheck to daycare. And I was making a joke about the whole "cute guys" thing the other day.