Anime & Manga

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score

Okay, okay, but seriously. We lack a space to discuss all things anime and manga, so I figured I'd make one. So pull up a chair (or keyboard) and make yourself at home.

(And please for the love of loli please use your spoiler tags when discussing spoilers)

Last edited:

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok ok. I guess I will start this off with a list of stuff I am currently watching, in no particular order

Dragon Ball Super
Boruto
Detective Conan
Citrus
March Comes in Like a Lion
Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen No
Yowamushi Pedal New Generation
The Ryou's Work is Never Done!

What about you guys? Talk to meh about some anime!

Reactions: Steez and jml

Miriette

Shitpost Appreciator
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't watch nearly as much anime as I used to, but I did watch the first episode of Junji Ito Collection a few days ago! A Souichi chapter was kind of a weird choice to adapt for the first episode since those are more comedy than horror, but he's one of my favorite characters ever so I was happy to see him animated. My absolutely despicable son.

I also really need to start watching season 2 of Seven Deadly Sins. That's one of my favorite manga so I was hyped for this season to start, but I always take so long to actually start anime.

Reactions: jml and sinon

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't watch nearly as much anime as I used to, but I did watch the first episode of Junji Ito Collection a few days ago! A Souichi chapter was kind of a weird choice to adapt for the first episode since those are more comedy than horror, but he's one of my favorite characters ever so I was happy to see him animated. My absolutely despicable son.

I also really need to start watching season 2 of Seven Deadly Sins. That's one of my favorite manga so I was hyped for this season to start, but I always take so long to actually start anime.
Ohhh I had not heard of it so I had to google lol. I tend to steer away from horror or violent anime/manga just because. What's this kind like? Super scary or gorey? The title "Souichi’s Convenient Curse" is intriguing lol.

Reactions: jml

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Just finished Devilman Crybaby and loved it so started looking into older Devilman.

Reactions: sinon and jml

Miriette

Shitpost Appreciator
Contributor
Reaction score
Ohhh I had not heard of it so I had to google lol. I tend to steer away from horror or violent anime/manga just because. What's this kind like? Super scary or gorey? The title "Souichi’s Convenient Curse" is intriguing lol.
I haven't watched past the first episode yet so I'm not sure exactly which stories are being adapted, but it varies pretty wildly. Some (like Souichi's chapters or the incredibly hilarious Junji Ito's Cat Diary) is honestly just comedy with light horror elements, but some of his stuff is kinda gruesome. Body horror is really prevalent in a lot of his stories, and sometimes it gets gross. If you're morbidly curious and want to ruin cooking oil for yourself forever, look up Glyceride. I still think about that one sometimes. >__>

I don't think any of it's scary though. Mostly just weird and gross lol.

Reactions: sinon and jml

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished Devilman Crybaby and loved it so started looking into older Devilman.
Damn that one has a pretty crazy storyline lol

I haven't watched past the first episode yet so I'm not sure exactly which stories are being adapted, but it varies pretty wildly. Some (like Souichi's chapters or the incredibly hilarious Junji Ito's Cat Diary) is honestly just comedy with light horror elements, but some of his stuff is kinda gruesome. Body horror is really prevalent in a lot of his stories, and sometimes it gets gross. If you're morbidly curious and want to ruin cooking oil for yourself forever, look up Glyceride. I still think about that one sometimes. >__>

I don't think any of it's scary though. Mostly just weird and gross lol.
Ahhh that makes sense. In the past, I've read things like Pet Shop of Horrors and a few others I honestly can't recall the names of. Not sure if I am morbidly curious enough to ruin cooking oil >_> I cook too much for that shit lol. I'll have to look into it then if it isn't that bad :)

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok ok. I guess I will start this off with a list of stuff I am currently watching, in no particular order

Dragon Ball Super
Boruto
Detective Conan
Citrus
March Comes in Like a Lion
Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen No
Yowamushi Pedal New Generation
The Ryou's Work is Never Done!

What about you guys? Talk to meh about some anime!
Where are you watching db super?

Was using http://dragonballsupertube.com but I broke down and started buying the box sets on amazon

Steez

Woke
Reaction score
Isn't Detective Conan the longest-running anime series in Japan, or something like that?? I remember reading something saying the show has been going on for a few decade now, or perhaps that was Lupin the Third... There's just something about old school anime that's perfect.

I haven't watched a lot of anime since my high school days, but the last anime in recent years I got into was Attack on Titan and saw most of Kill La Kill -- I think before that in high school the last shows I got into were Higurashi no Naku, Gurren Lagan (sp?), and errmmmmmm I can't believe I forget the name of this one, but it had La Leouch of Brittania and it was a mecha..

Do any of you know if those nifty infographics with current season shows and/or upcoming shows are still around? They were pretty useful six years ago

Reactions: sinon

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't Detective Conan the longest-running anime series in Japan, or something like that?? I remember reading something saying the show has been going on for a few decade now, or perhaps that was Lupin the Third... There's just something about old school anime that's perfect.

I haven't watched a lot of anime since my high school days, but the last anime in recent years I got into was Attack on Titan and saw most of Kill La Kill -- I think before that in high school the last shows I got into were Higurashi no Naku, Gurren Lagan (sp?), and errmmmmmm I can't believe I forget the name of this one, but it had La Leouch of Brittania and it was a mecha..

Do any of you know if those nifty infographics with current season shows and/or upcoming shows are still around? They were pretty useful six years ago
I thought it was but it appears DC isn't the only longest running anime :eek: https://myanimelist.net/featured/1210/The_15_Longest_Running_Anime.

I'm pretty sure they still make those infographics, but I also found this site and it seems to serve the same function (you can also review previous seasons.) https://www.livechart.me/spring-2018/tv

I never got into Attack on Titan (too violent) or Kill la Kill but I did watch Tengan Topp Gurren Lagann. Code Geass is the anime you're thinking of. That one's been one of my top favorites for a long time and they're coming out with S3 (https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ilm-reveals-teaser-video-tv-ad-visual/.129527)

TylerStahp

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok ok, I enjoyed One-Punch Man although the ending was lackluster. 07 Ghost was captivating and when stuff went down with someone I shed a tear. :bawling: Junjou Romantica tickled my pickle. Corpse Party was so freaky. NSFW or for the squeamish.
I have not been keeping up with anime. I just lose track of time and priorities but if something is suggested I try to check it out.

Reactions: Krikket and sinon

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok ok, I enjoyed One-Punch Man although the ending was lackluster. 07 Ghost was captivating and when stuff went down with someone I shed a tear. :bawling: Junjou Romantica tickled my pickle. Corpse Party was so freaky. NSFW or for the squeamish.
I have not been keeping up with anime. I just lose track of time and priorities but if something is suggested I try to check it out.
There is usually just too much to keep up with lol. I need OPM season 2 and Junjou Season 4 in my life. No. 6 sequel would be nice, too just saying.

somehow I relate to this gif even though I usually pass out before 10am. You could prob do this on weekends to catch up :p Too many shows I could recommend you lol

Reactions: TylerStahp

TylerStahp

Contributor
Reaction score
High key, Porter Robinson and A-1 Pictures who made the Shelter music video legit need to make that an anime. I can’t get enough! :onion:

Last edited:
Reactions: sinon and Miriette

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok ok I am completely sold on this new feel-good foodie anime, Rokuhoudo. Anyone else watch stuff like this?

narine1254145

Reaction score
I read buddy go manga for mangazuki.me and I think this is one of the best manga.