CaptainCode's Guide to Making a Living From Home Without Any Skills.

motivationmic

Reaction score
Just grind out 100 a day that are safe, like Crowdsurf. Rejections are painful in the beginning. Make sure you are looking at the T.O. rating (Turk Opticon). I wouldn't grab anything below 2.00 if you are new. Go with trusted hits that have rare rejects. Search for A9s on this forum.

Remember that all of these websites can help, but keep your main focus on Mturk. It's the king.
I always look at the TO rating, and I am very cautious. But somehow, I have 5 rejections now. This is only my 10th day on mturk. I have messaged all of the requesters, and I feel like it is their mistake. But I haven't heard anything back yet. My Approval Rate is 97.65% right now; it was 100%, and keeps bouncing around between 97% and 100% now.

Small update. I'm still working on a big update, but I have some more testing to run. The update is to readjust list after some testing. Removed a referral link from Earnably because it performed poorly and completely removed SurveySavvy because after testing it I think that it is scammy and doesn't provide enough work. I'm always testing numbers on websites so this guide will be updated with small stuff constantly. Big update will be soonish, working on Mturk Guide for new worker website and still have testing to run for this guide. Thanks for being patient.
Thank you so much for your work and effort! I am checking back each day to see all of your updates!

Reactions: CaptainCode

AmaMarie

SSDGM
Reaction score
this was an excellent and informative guide.

Have you worked with Ebates? I use it when I use Groupon. They give you a promo code and you get a percentage of cash back. They only pay out once every quarter but I have it in my browser extension when I online shop. Groupon always gives me cash back.

motivationmic

Reaction score
Here's my progress report:

I started on 01/06/2018. I didn't really know what I was doing, then I read your guide. Now I'm slowly getting better and learning.

Here are my stats:

Approved 410
Approval Rate 99.51%
Pending 87
Rejected 2
Rejection Rate 0.49%

I had a bunch of rejections, but they were all reversed except for these 2.

So far, I have earned $57.73.

I want to get more serious about MTurk, I want to be like you. What do you recommend that I do?

Reaction score
Here's my progress report:

I started on 01/06/2018. I didn't really know what I was doing, then I read your guide. Now I'm slowly getting better and learning.

Here are my stats:

Approved 410
Approval Rate 99.51%
Pending 87
Rejected 2
Rejection Rate 0.49%

I had a bunch of rejections, but they were all reversed except for these 2.

So far, I have earned $57.73.

I want to get more serious about MTurk, I want to be like you. What do you recommend that I do?
Your first goal should be getting your approved HITs up to 500. After that it depends on the type of person you are. Or rather what you are good at. I use Task Timer every time I MTurk so I can track my earnings and, by far, the highest earning things for me are surveys, because I'm fast at them. Make sure you have some sort of HIT searcher and some sort of HIT grabber. Some people do transcription and make good money, some people work on batches all day. Try out batches and see if when you are doing batch work your rate of return is better (It's usually about half for me unless it's like Pinterest or something). If you are good at surveys start pounding away at those. Keep dedicated to it because it can be boring. I can make around $9 hr on a bad day and $15 - $20 on a good day just doing surveys. There really isn't a trick other than be fast at doing surveys and load up your queue. If you like working on the same thing all the time (batches) then make sure to follow the daily thread as lots of them are talked about. Some require specific quals (which are basically magic at this point) and some are kind of a free for all. Wait for the quals for the good ones (Though most of them are closed). Wait for good ones to pop up and in general just focus on using something like Overwatch if you are doing batch work. Hit finders won't work as good for you.

I think once you learn the system you should just test for yourself what works better. Use a timer mechanism and do surveys for a day, then batches, then transcription ect. See what earns you the most. Overwatch the batches that work for you.

You will get there.

Reactions: motivationmic

motivationmic

Reaction score
Your first goal should be getting your approved HITs up to 500. After that it depends on the type of person you are. Or rather what you are good at. I use Task Timer every time I MTurk so I can track my earnings and, by far, the highest earning things for me are surveys, because I'm fast at them. Make sure you have some sort of HIT searcher and some sort of HIT grabber. Some people do transcription and make good money, some people work on batches all day. Try out batches and see if when you are doing batch work your rate of return is better (It's usually about half for me unless it's like Pinterest or something). If you are good at surveys start pounding away at those. Keep dedicated to it because it can be boring. I can make around $9 hr on a bad day and $15 - $20 on a good day just doing surveys. There really isn't a trick other than be fast at doing surveys and load up your queue. If you like working on the same thing all the time (batches) then make sure to follow the daily thread as lots of them are talked about. Some require specific quals (which are basically magic at this point) and some are kind of a free for all. Wait for the quals for the good ones (Though most of them are closed). Wait for good ones to pop up and in general just focus on using something like Overwatch if you are doing batch work. Hit finders won't work as good for you.

I think once you learn the system you should just test for yourself what works better. Use a timer mechanism and do surveys for a day, then batches, then transcription ect. See what earns you the most. Overwatch the batches that work for you.

You will get there.
Thank you so much for helping me!

I have 440 approved HITS right now. I will get to 500 very soon! So far, on my best day, I made $20. I want to keep increasing that, and eventually get to $50-100 per day!

So far, I think I like surveys the most too!

Jesumyn

Reaction score
Captaincode, thank you so much for posting this guide. It has been extremely helpful and I am now earning more per day than I was in 2-3 days the way I was doing the mechanical turning before. And the swagbucks guide was amazing. I've told my friends and family about it as well and they are excited to try it too. Thank you so much again. This was exactly what I was looking for without even knowing I was looking for it.

Reactions: CaptainCode
Reaction score
Captaincode, thank you so much for posting this guide. It has been extremely helpful and I am now earning more per day than I was in 2-3 days the way I was doing the mechanical turning before. And the swagbucks guide was amazing. I've told my friends and family about it as well and they are excited to try it too. Thank you so much again. This was exactly what I was looking for without even knowing I was looking for it.
No Problem! Sorry I haven't been that active on here in a bit. Been going through a ton of life changes. Glad that this helped someone out though. P.M. me any questions and I'll attempt to answer them.

Reaction score
Sorry I have been gone a while, everyone. Been busy with two funerals and haven't had time to update this post. I have also been working on a blog of the same nature in an attempt to give the community a more honest voice from someone who actually does this and doesn't just have a blog littered with affiliate links. I'm going to update this guide with all of the information on that blog in a bit, should be done by the end of the week, need to find a way to condense it all. Check out my blog if you can't wait (though I should be able to fit most of it in, or at least create a new thread for larger things). Been only semi-active on Mturk as well, so I need to pick up my game, been using Cambly and some other sources and testing them out. Thanks for the patience on this guide. I didn't just abandon it.

rjaturk

Reaction score
Hi!

Does anybody have CaptainCode contact information?

Reaction score
Added a new post about getting free food, which is part of this guide(ish) over in social
Also if you have any other questions Rjaturk just shoot me a p.m.

Reactions: rjaturk

rjaturk

Reaction score
I've sent you a PM, CaptainCode!

motivationmic

Reaction score
Added a new post about getting free food, which is part of this guide(ish) over in social
Also if you have any other questions Rjaturk just shoot me a p.m.
Your guides are so helpful to so many people! Thank you very much for all that you have done.

BluAngel

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to help others and write out this post. I have dabbled with some things to and wanted to chime in on things that I am using that you might want to experiment with Receipt Pal, Receipt Hog on my I phone gets me $5 every couple months. IVUEit is another iPhone app I have used. I replaced Ebay with Mercari to resell items. Also, doing reviews help out, for example, office depot gives me money back for reviews. I hope this helps your list. Of course, Mturk is my bread and butter right now but even though I have used Mturk for several years I am only earning on average $90 a week so I am hoping to step it up a notch this year. Overall I bring in supplemental income of about $500-600 a month with my phone, computer and internet connection. So that is pretty cool...

greg

Hey that tickles
Reaction score
I re-read your first post (thanks for putting this up btw) and read that the surveys are scams. About 50% of the decent paying surveys I complete get to the end and then show and error "oops, sorry that survey is closed" - AFTER I have completed it, (but here's this one for $.03 that will take you a half an hour to finish). Seems like straight up theft of my time. Should have read that first! Oh well my bad.

But I have a question about the product deals. So I just did the "join dollar shave club for $5 and get 3000 points", which theoretically will turn into $30 for me. Of course they took my $5 for the shaving stuff right away, but your guide says the points will show up in my account in 24 hours - is that still accurate? I'm asking because the link for Barkbox says the points will show up as "pending" for 32 days after purchase, which implies they will revoke them if I cancel before the trial ends.

Last edited:

marcusdavvid

Reaction score
The Google Rewards app is great. Surveys that are more like polls and the hourly is perfect (I think it's above $10/hour). Barely get any surveys, but that's probably because I haven't enabled location and the app notifies you if there's anything available. Has a minimum $2 PayPal withdrawal.

Last edited: