coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thanks for making this thread Cmoney @Cmoney813!

I've gotten quite a few freebies from social media accounts especially Twitter. Books from publishers/authors/libraries, Art giveaways from local artists, concert tickets from a local alternative paper, sporting event tickets from my local teams, free food from local restaurants etc. Local places also post special deals on their accounts. Worth looking out for if you live in an area that is active but they usually are first come first serve and go fast!

Facebook/Instagram have similar stuff but I've had better luck with the Twitter. :D

@gofooji on Twitter has the free food deliveries from brands that Bode "Emo Barry" Miller @Bode Miller posts from time to time.

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway is a great place to get free books. Have won several there. They ask that you write a review to be eligible for more but that is up to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tribune and Cmoney

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
If you can get accepted, NetGalley is also a great place to get free books. All Kindle or PDF versions, though. No paper copies.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

ClamBurglar

Reaction score

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
so thats a 10 dollar credit to your amazon gift card balance?
It might not show up in the gift card balance, but when you're buying something and checking out, it should apply a $10 discount to your purchase. It has to be on an item sold by Amazon, not third parties.

The credit expires after 90 days.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Pleco and Jaded

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Not really a deal but I love these things. Keeps ice from melting for hours and hours and drinks hot for hours too. They're based on the expensive Yeti tumblers but are just as good. A lot of companies are copying those now but this one is the best performing at the best price. If you want something to keep your drinks hot or cold while you turk these are great. The ice melts so slow you can even put beer in it with ice and it won't get watered down.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-20-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772705
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772708

Reactions: Johnnyrs and Pleco

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Not really a deal but I love these things. Keeps ice from melting for hours and hours and drinks hot for hours too. They're based on the expensive Yeti tumblers but are just as good. A lot of companies are copying those now but this one is the best performing at the best price. If you want something to keep your drinks hot or cold while you turk these are great. The ice melts so slow you can even put beer in it with ice and it won't get watered down.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-20-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772705
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772708
How's the lip on these things, is it like super thick to drink from? I tried to make this question not suggestive but I just couldn't find a way.

Reactions: Drwho10

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
How's the lip on these things, is it like super thick to drink from? I tried to make this question not suggestive but I just couldn't find a way.
umm its comfortable to drink from i don't feel it getting in the way. its about as thick as a coffee mug. most walmarts carry them in store if you don't mind going to one and getting a closer look

Reactions: Pleco

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reactions: Johnnyrs

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ugh. Someone convince me why I shouldn't buy that xbox one deal on amazon today? Latest game system I have is a ps3 and I don't play it very often. I have a blueray player for my netflix and other movie stuff online. Maybe xbox would replace that but I wonder if it's too loud or too hot for night time. Would probably use it for home entertainment rather than a lot of games.

casualwarfare

Reaction score
I think this thread is a great idea! Here is something I participate in regularly for free movies: http://advancescreenings.com/

This site is like an aggregator for free movie screenings around your area - most often around large cities. Once something posts you have to be relatively quick to sign up for passes so I have it on page monitor to check every half hour or so but if you miss it there will often be a wait list which will sometimes email you later to let you know you got in.

If you have passes it's still first come, first serve so you want to get there at least 30 mins prior to the movie or an hour if it is a more popular movie or theater. I have seen at least 10 movies this way in the last year and a half or so and it's pretty cool to still get to go to the movies when you're on a budget! The most recent ones I've seen were Tarzan and Conjuring 2.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Liz