Game of Thrones Weekly Discussion

What storyline are you most interested in watching this year

• Total voters

PJ-DIY

Reaction score
I don't think anyone thought this show would have a Disney ending though. I expect a crap ending. But I also expect the crap ending to be lead up to with good storyline and not rushed.
Yeah I expected with the extra year off they could've taken time to write better.:headwall:

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
I actually didn't hate the last episode, but I am entirely disappointed with this season. The pacing, the character arcs, the writing.... everything is just so off. I'm not even looking forward to the finale at this point. This season and last have felt so rushed and disjointed. It's a damn shame. Insert judgy Olenna gif here.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just a horrible person, but the disappointment of all the people that somehow thought this was going to have a Disney ending is much sweeter than the show itself.
I wasn’t expecting a happy ending, they made it clear that wasn’t going to happen. For me, it was about execution.

Those people who named their babies Khaleesi might be rethinking that decision. I know it’s fiction, but that’s the equivalent of naming your baby Fuhrer at this point.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
Could be a rumour, but the actor who played Barristan said that George was actually done with the next 2 books and was waiting for the series to be over before releasing them.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Daenerys ends up being the mad queen in the books. They've been foreshadowing this for a long time, but the show went from her being lukewarm to inferno in 20 minutes. I really wish they weren't rushing this last season :(
Son of a-

https://reddit.app.link/tIbeZhXaHW

Time to find Ian McElhinney :mob:

Reactions: scrmcasey

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I skipped working out this morning to cry about GoT still. All my favorite characters lived. They didn't have horrible endings, but why am I still sad? Some book spoilers will be in my long spoiler that will probably never be read. But typing it all out will make me feel better lol.

Here's to hoping the books come out soon so all of that up there that happened can be explained in a way that actually makes it all understandable and 'okay'

tl;dr me crying.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
There were two, maybe three parts I found okay with this finale:

Aside from that, I'm going to wait for a pre-order date for the next book, then I'll re-read everything again to get this mess of a season out my head.

We had a tie in the Death Pool! Congratulations to mboone73 @mboone73 & jenaling @jenaling !! I'll message your $10 Amazon gift card codes a little later today.

jenaling

Who?
Contributor
Reaction score
There were two, maybe three parts I found okay with this finale:

Aside from that, I'm going to wait for a pre-order date for the next book, then I'll re-read everything again to get this mess of a season out my head.

We had a tie in the Death Pool! Congratulations to mboone73 @mboone73 & jenaling @jenaling !! I'll message your $10 Amazon gift card codes a little later today.

Thanks. I'll be at home ruling if anyone needs me.

PJ-DIY

Reaction score
I skipped working out this morning to cry about GoT still. All my favorite characters lived. They didn't have horrible endings, but why am I still sad? Some book spoilers will be in my long spoiler that will probably never be read. But typing it all out will make me feel better lol.

I read it.

TLDR: I wasn't happy with the ending. :sparklevomit: