Get a Free Random Share of a Stock When Signing up with Robinhood

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
You can do ETFs on this app?
Yeah, for sure :) The search button on RH can be used to pull up ETFs. If you know their name (ex. SPDR, IWM, etc) you can search them and even add them to your watchlist.

Reactions: Deleted member 481

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
wo tech turnaround. im up a few percent today

autonomnom

Reaction score
I post this thread, forget about it, come back and it gets 300+ replies plus merges with other threads. xD

The Robinhood thing has been quite an experience. I like it, I just wish that there was a desktop client, or at least some kind of API. I'm the kind of person who never uses a phone unless he absolutely has to.

Additionally, being able to short stocks without a fee would be fantastic (I feel like I'm better at predicting demises than rises :wink: ) but it would probably need to include a margin account to be able to do that.

Last edited:

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
I post this thread, forget about it, come back and it gets 300+ replies plus merges with other threads. xD

The Robinhood thing has been quite an experience. I like it, I just wish that there was a desktop client, or at least some kind of API. I'm the kind of person who never uses a phone unless he absolutely has to.

Additionally, being able to short stocks without a fee would be fantastic (I feel like I'm better at predicting demises than rises :wink: ) but it would probably need to include a margin account to be able to do that.
robinhood has margin accounts.

I like not having an desktop client because you can use better sources for research (like ToS) for free. I wouldn't recommend anyone using rh for charts or data at all. I'm also not sure how much more stable it would be. RH does have its fair amount of issues (there are a lot), but being able to pop in a few things on your phone is great. It has a wonderful UX.

I do everything else with vanguard or TD. I dunno why $7/.75 (for options, for example) would hold you back unless you are playing with a very very small amount

Last edited:

Mr. Boss

~Very Bossy~
Reaction score

Have you tried using an Android emulator (ie BlueStacks) ?

autonomnom

Reaction score
Have you tried using an Android emulator (ie BlueStacks) ?
Oh, yes I did that. The issue with most android emulation is that the apps are built for ARM architecture. Even though I have improved virtualization with an IBM processor, it's still too unbearably slow to run current versions of android with ARM-designed android apps through the emulation. Most of the time it would crash within a few minutes, anyway.

If I ran the emulator on an ARM-processor laptop, like a chromebook, maybe it would have better performance. But at that point, I'm adding new hardware and might as well just use a cheaper, smaller, and better-performing phone.

JoeShepherd42

Reaction score
Signed up off of here a few weeks ago. I don't know if i am.blind or what. How long does funds / free stock need to sit in your account before cashing out?

Reactions: YAHU

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Signed up off of here a few weeks ago. I don't know if i am.blind or what. How long does funds / free stock need to sit in your account before cashing out?
2 bus days

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh haven't been doing much with stocks lately. Still saving up as I work on renovating parts of the new house >_< How's everyone's progress w/ Robinhood going? :)

Reactions: YAHU

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh haven't been doing much with stocks lately. Still saving up as I work on renovating parts of the new house >_< How's everyone's progress w/ Robinhood going? :)
loading up on some bagholds that dropped pretty hard in:re trump, but should recover nicely.
Almost out of all the cheaper, poor performing freestocks I've received

I might mess with options soon

Reactions: sinon

Xandro

Reaction score
I know this is a bit off topic, but do you have any interesting plans with the house like renting it out later on, flipping or renting out a room on airbnb?

edit: i've seen peeps on youtube get out of 50k of debt between airbnb and uber driving.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
loading up on some bagholds that dropped pretty hard in:re trump, but should recover nicely.
Almost out of all the cheaper, poor performing freestocks I've received

I might mess with options soon
Nice! :) I hope that works out well for you then. (Makes a note to look up bagholds lol)

I haven't done much of anything with the free stocks I got. Not sure what to do with them, tbh. I've got 1 SPLS, F, S, and GE. Was considering maybe selling GE since it seems perpetually in the 24-25 range but not sure.

I know this is a bit off topic, but do you have any interesting plans with the house like renting it out later on, flipping or renting out a room on airbnb?

edit: i've seen peeps on youtube get out of 50k of debt between airbnb and uber driving.
Hmmm, I'm not really sure tbh but it's definitely an option.

For now, I just plan to live in it and work on the place. It needs a lot done to it because it's an older home that had a lot of DIY-fixes done by my dad.

But if Florida is still intact in about 5 years or so (big estimate on that figure lol) I think I'd be interested in doing something with it. Not sure what, though. Renting kind of scares me because I don't want to play landlord and have to fix big problems for any tenants :bolt:

Xandro

Reaction score
Nice! :) I hope that works out well for you then. (Makes a note to look up bagholds lol)

I haven't done much of anything with the free stocks I got. Not sure what to do with them, tbh. I've got 1 SPLS, F, S, and GE. Was considering maybe selling GE since it seems perpetually in the 24-25 range but not sure.

Hmmm, I'm not really sure tbh but it's definitely an option.

For now, I just plan to live in it and work on the place. It needs a lot done to it because it's an older home that had a lot of DIY-fixes done by my dad.

But if Florida is still intact in about 5 years or so (big estimate on that figure lol) I think I'd be interested in doing something with it. Not sure what, though. Renting kind of scares me because I don't want to play landlord and have to fix big problems for any tenants :bolt:

Reactions: sinon

autonomnom

Reaction score
So, what's the biggest stock value you guys have gotten? I think my highest was around ~$12

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
So, what's the biggest stock value you guys have gotten? I think my highest was around ~$12
The biggest one I got was for GE a while back.

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
Ew. I got Sirius XM. 5 whole dollars.